Network Vision/LTE - East Texas Market (Longview, Tyler, Texarkana, Shreveport, Monroe)

whfd930

It's in the East Texas market with Shreveport. Work just started in the market a few weeks ago. All the sites in the market will be upgraded to Network Vision standards. There is a map in the Sponsor section which shows the sites with work completed. More gets added every week as they complete.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Permits have been pulled in Tyler, TX for 4 sites

SBA Properties filed permits for wireless cell phone tower maintenance upgrades for Sprint at 311 E. Ninth St., 519 McCain St., 3705 Troup Highway and 3829 Highway 64 West. The projects each cost $20,000.

• 2 weeks later...

Permits have been pulled in Tyler, TX for 4 sites

SBA Properties filed permits for wireless cell phone tower maintenance upgrades for Sprint at 311 E. Ninth St., 519 McCain St., 3705 Troup Highway and 3829 Highway 64 West. The projects each cost $20,000.

Thanks for the info, getting closer to me

• 2 weeks later...
3G is off today in Texarkana, any chance they're upgrading?

They could be working on GMO sites out on the edge of town, but not likely in the city. It is more likely a backhaul problem or a switch problem.

Athens, TX and Johnson City, TN. Congratulations! You now have Pre-Launch status!

I live in the East Texas market about 30 mins east of Athens, tx in Tyler, Tx. Any news for that market or pre-launch dates (Tyler,Longview area) thanks

I live in the East Texas market about 30 mins east of Athens, tx in Tyler, Tx. Any news for that market or pre-launch dates (Tyler,Longview area) thanks

Currently the only activity in the East Texas market is at GMO sites. It will be a few months before full build sites begin build out.

Currently the only activity in the East Texas market is at GMO sites. It will be a few months before full build sites begin build out.

ok so im guessing I should just watch for improved 3g so that must mean we won't have Samsung Gmo's since they can handle lte and 3g

• 4 months later...

From what I was told by Area wide reps, and Store managers, and other sources, is that Tyler Should expect some LTE signal to arrive by the end of June. Hope it is true. I have seen some weird stuff happening with signal, and 3g lately.

Oh and near HW 155 and Grande I saw some people running new fiber on the Poles. There is a tower near there off of grande and Old noonday road. Possibly a good sign. If not for the sprint tower then , for Broadband internet 

Lucky, were are waiting for the switch to go live in Tyler. Athens should have a good chunk of the city covered by now. Longview and Jacksonville to come soon. I heard that sprint(in Tyler) has been swamped with calls, and tickets for technicians to visit the site. Hopefully it is not slowing the process down. good to hear more sites going live!

Im going to drive around South Tyler today and use the "Lte Discovery" app and see what happens. I stay in the North end of Tyler and have had some strange things happen to my 3g signal.

• Like 1

Oh OK that makes sense. Yeah I knew they were working, just wasn't sure why they weren't making it known which cities they were doing the major upgrades at. I wish I could access the LTE only setting on the stock S4. That way I could drive around without having to keep using the airplane mode on/off feature. I will keep up with updates, and other towers finished when I see them.

I'll be driving around the Broadway area today to see if I can discover anything....
  • Like 1

I'll be driving around the Broadway area today to see if I can discover anything....

I have driven to most of the Typer cell sites and no luck. Have seen some empty rooftop spaces where it looks like panels used to be downtown, amd on southbroadway and old grande intersection. I have seen several of the new rrus and panels on the site by the french Quarter the one on independence drive, chase building. Check that area out if possible. And the troup and the loop location

I have driven to most of the Typer cell sites and no luck. Have seen some empty rooftop spaces where it looks like panels used to be downtown, amd on southbroadway and old grande intersection. I have seen several of the new rrus and panels on the site by the french Quarter the one on independence drive, chase building. Check that area out if possible. And the troup and the loop location

ok will do

ok will do

Thanks if you pick up any 4g I can guarantee I have a faulty phone. I have suspicion that my phone is having some issues.

Thanks if you pick up any 4g I can guarantee I have a faulty phone. I have suspicion that my phone is having some issues.

unless you're running any custom roms on your s4 you should be able to pick up any 4g activity. I've had problems out of my Note2 with signal lately but whenever im in a 4g city like Dallas I have no issues but I do know custom roms can cause connectivity issues

unless you're running any custom roms on your s4 you should be able to pick up any 4g activity. I've had problems out of my Note2 with signal lately but whenever im in a 4g city like Dallas I have no issues but I do know custom roms can cause connectivity issues

yeah all I have done is root. But got rid of it and no luck. Gonna try and find a stock rom and re flash it.

yeah all I have done is root. But got rid of it and no luck. Gonna try and find a stock rom and re flash it.

ok meanwhile I work downtown. Do you know any of the cell site locations downtown or how I can find them

ok meanwhile I work downtown. Do you know any of the cell site locations downtown or how I can find them

well the downtown site is close to the kltv building. On the east side of broadway. The panels blend it very well with the building color. But you can see them if you look real close. You can even see some whiter patches on the building where some used to be

well the downtown site is close to the kltv building. On the east side of broadway. The panels blend it very well with the building color. But you can see them if you look real close. You can even see some whiter patches on the building where some used to be

ok I'll make that a priority tomorrow.....seems like its up to me and you to map Lte in Tyler right now lol....but im sure there's more ppl in Tyler looking for it but dont know about S4gru.com