Network Vision/LTE - East Texas Market (Longview, Tyler, Texarkana, Shreveport, Monroe)

whfd930

Let me know what the status is. Just wanted to inform the people of this forum

It should show up in about a week or two on the maps. It was turned on recently cause I saw my moms phone earleir today and yesterday with nothing. Very cool.

Do a speed test. just turned on tonight around 9?

She Is using it. I can try maybe in a day or two. We live in an area with a lot of older people...On hspa+ we got almost 12 down. So LTE will be over 50 I am sure

lol dammit

It is back live again. Having backhaul issues cause it wouldnt pass 1 mbps down close to where I was hitting 30 down

yea im at work and 4g just popped back up

well at least it is live now. May not be so fast but live is at least a good sign

well at least it is live now. May not be so fast but live is at least a good sign

I have to stand by a window at work to pick up a 3g/4g signal but when I got 4g I was able to get 4mbps down which is fast enough for what I do on my phone at work which is Facebook, S4GRU and other web browsing

I have to stand by a window at work to pick up a 3g/4g signal but when I got 4g I was able to get 4mbps down which is fast enough for what I do on my phone at work which is Facebook, S4GRU and other web browsing

oh yeah I may need maybe 10 for me cause I do a lot of videos. but Id be happy with a solid 5-10.

oh yeah I may need maybe 10 for me cause I do a lot of videos. but Id be happy with a solid 5-10.

I had access to AT&T's LTE this morning from a co-worker's phone and speeds were pretty good. Between 12-17mbps down with about 4 bars inside the building. I cant even pick up my LTE unless im by a window but I know 800mhz will solve that partially for building penetration. I was kinda expecting faster speeds from AT&T so this must be a 5×5 market for them in East Texas. My fastest speeds inside the building here at work was about 6mbps which is good enough for me. Wonder how many At&t sites are live

I had access to AT&T's LTE this morning from a co-worker's phone and speeds were pretty good. Between 12-17mbps down with about 4 bars inside the building. I cant even pick up my LTE unless im by a window but I know 800mhz will solve that partially for building penetration. I was kinda expecting faster speeds from AT&T so this must be a 5×5 market for them in East Texas. My fastest speeds inside the building here at work was about 6mbps which is good enough for me. Wonder how many At&t sites are live

no its full 10x10 mhz. Ive seen speeds upto 50 in smith county on att speed test. I dont think 800mhz will help me much unless they build a closer site to me. The closest site to me is 4 miles away. And my house is like a cell reception graveyard

no its full 10x10 mhz. Ive seen speeds upto 50 in smith county on att speed test. I dont think 800mhz will help me much unless they build a closer site to me. The closest site to me is 4 miles away. And my house is like a cell reception graveyard

ok well 800 will help me as im around towers at work and at home....the spectrum from clearwire will help tremendously tho with it being able to go further and better building penetration

How can you have a -87 inside and outside?  That's impossible especially with LTE on the PCS band.  Maybe I'm not understanding the situation.

I apologize -87 inside and -77 outside but the -87 was right by the window

I apologize -87 inside and -77 outside but the -87 was right by the window

Notice any better coverage or sites?

No! I'm struggling to get 1mbps down outside with 5 bars....something is wrong

Backhaul is not working right for some reason I think. Or the downlink frequencies are having interference

5 bars? Please explain.

well it was the same for me when I had an equivalent of 5 bars. I think that is what he means haha

well it was the same for me when I had an equivalent of 5 bars. I think that is what he means haha

If it is the bars near your 3G or 4G  indicator then those are your 1X voice/sms connection and have nothing to do with the LTE connection strength. 

If it is the bars near your 3G or 4G  indicator then those are your 1X voice/sms connection and have nothing to do with the LTE connection strength.

well not bars per say. But based on the engineering screen I can kinda convert it to aroumd what it would be equal to on bars

well not bars per say. But based on the engineering screen I can kinda convert it to aroumd what it would be equal to on bars

yea I was talking about a 4g signal with 5 bars. But I thought the more bars the better the speeds for 3g/4g. I know there are more things that factor Into speed but usually I get faster speeds with more bars and I know bars dont tell the true story of your signal

yea I was talking about a 4g signal with 5 bars. But I thought the more bars the better the speeds for 3g/4g. I know there are more things that factor Into speed but usually I get faster speeds with more bars and I know bars dont tell the true story of your signal

is the downtown site still in donut mode?