Network Vision/LTE - East Texas Market (Longview, Tyler, Texarkana, Shreveport, Monroe)

whfd930

Is the site on cr192/old noonday road still 3g only? It is not in donut mode , It has LTE all the way in the -70's, no disconnects, or no hand offs needed

Send me the site ID and I will check tomorrow.

Sounds like from what you say that site is active. Definitely confirmed in the NOLA market rules though.

Send me the site ID and I will check tomorrow.

Sounds like from what you say that site is active. Definitely confirmed in the NOLA market rules though.

Sent away. I think it will be seeing 1x800 soon too. Got some on and off test signal the same day I found it live

Out of curiosity, would the city of Palestine, TX be considered in the East Texas or Dallas market if it ever got full Sprint coverage?

East texas I think haha It has some clearwire sites I believe. But that would be a question for digiblur. I wonder if they will put sprint equipment where the current clearwire equipment is

Check your 1x PCS PNs against the 800SMR ones.

Well i couldn't get to the engineering screen in time before it went away, Id put the phone down and itd come back for a few seconds :/ It was just teasing me

EDIT: I actually got one or two screen shots off I believe.

Screenshot_2013-08-09-07-15-00.png

Screenshot_2013-08-09-07-19-12.png

Screenshot_2013-08-09-07-20-07.png

Screenshot_2013-08-09-08-04-37.png

Something strange this AM in Atlanta (TX). My NID changed from 5 to 311. I am also getting a new BID. Does this mean new equipment?

My cell tower also changed from NID 5 to 311 and BID 14003 to 20763 at about 2:00 a.m.

My cell tower also changed from NID 5 to 311 and BID 14003 to 20763 at about 2:00 a.m.

I wonder if this is just an indication of a change of controlling software, or core/switch? Or could it indicate a change of equipment at the tower level?

I wonder if this is just an indication of a change of controlling software, or core/switch? Or could it indicate a change of equipment at the tower level?

Consolidation of the switches due to decreased voice capacity needs.

LTE has gone live in downtown Longview TX not sure if they were testing but my moms phone picked it up. havent seen if its still up, but she texted me at 8am saying it was on not sure if it still is but all other towers are in donut mode because my other phone isnt picking any 4G.  :)

I think that one went accepted over the weekend.  Nice to see it confirmed as live though.  Now who's going to do the proper mapping of the site instead of a couple little points?

i would but i dont know how, and i just got a tweet from sprint care saying "That's Longview Texas? I looked and the other couple of your towers are to be scheduled for 4G in the next few months.*ADD" so dont know if this tower will stay online but it has for the past couple of hours.

i would but i dont know how, and i just got a tweet from sprint care saying "That's Longview Texas? I looked and the other couple of your towers are to be scheduled for 4G in the next few months.*ADD" so dont know if this tower will stay online but it has for the past couple of hours.

Yes, it will stay online unless there is some sort of failure or other need to take it offline temporarily.  It's not really in testing as the testing was done long before any customers could attach to it. 

It's simple to map, download Sensorly, get inside the 4G coverage area with a signal, cycle airplane if you have to make it scan, hit Map Trip in Sensorly then Start.  No drive around and it will upload your points to the map.  Very simple.

• Like 1

Yes, it will stay online unless there is some sort of failure or other need to take it offline temporarily.  It's not really in testing as the testing was done long before any customers could attach to it. 

It's simple to map, download Sensorly, get inside the 4G coverage area with a signal, cycle airplane if you have to make it scan, hit Map Trip in Sensorly then Start.  No drive around and it will upload your points to the map.  Very simple.

i have seen at night over the last few months that they have been testing and thanks i will try