Network Vision/LTE - East Texas Market (Longview, Tyler, Texarkana, Shreveport, Monroe)

whfd930

OK I was curious because some crew were messing with some legacy equipment and have a rectangular shaped box that had wires running to the legacy panels. Every since then the speeds have been weird, and jumping all over the place. I think the ones in tyler have been 3g accepted, but not LTE. I am thinking the LTE should go live very soon.

I think you are looking into things too much. They would need to work on any legacy equipment unless they were doing some legacy upgrades since the site wasn't scheduled for network vision for quite a while.

Speeds are such a dynamic thing as you have no idea what others are doing. So it's hard to go by. And definitely in an Ericsson market the legacy equipment status means almost zero on LTE rollout status.

I think you are looking into things too much. They would need to work on any legacy equipment unless they were doing some legacy upgrades since the site wasn't scheduled for network vision for quite a while.

Speeds are such a dynamic thing as you have no idea what others are doing. So it's hard to go by. And definitely in an Ericsson market the legacy equipment status means almost zero on LTE rollout status.

Well It looked like they were removing it or something? I just know some stuff was being done to the old stuff, maybe it was an old wimax panel. But we already have the new equipment up, and all just weird to see something done to an existing panel.

Anyone know when the AT&T spectrum deal with Verizon is to be completed in the Tyler area to turn on AT&T LTE? By the examples of the speed tests done on the Sprint Network, T-mobile is by far faster. I would like to see Sprint gain faster speeds especially on LTE. No wonder they rolled out unlimited plans for life. Then, when you fall off their network you "roam" on Verizon for example using lower 3G speeds. Whereas on AT&T you fall back on 4G HSPA+ which a whole lot faster than getting 1-2 mbps down. Verizon in East Texas by far has the most advanced network speeds judging that I'm using an iPad.

21ew7yx.pngi1e6mf.png

Edited by Rwatts09

Anyone know when the AT&T spectrum deal with Verizon is to be completed in the Tyler area to turn on AT&T LTE? By the examples of the speed tests done on the Sprint Network, T-mobile is by far faster. I would like to see Sprint gain faster speeds especially on LTE. No wonder they rolled out unlimited plans for life. Then, when you fall off their network you "roam" on Verizon for example using lower 3G speeds. Whereas on AT&T you fall back on 4G HSPA+ which a whole lot faster than getting 1-2 mbps down. Verizon in East Texas by far has the most advanced network speeds judging that I'm using an iPad.

21ew7yx.pngou 

I would guess the deal will see approval in the next month or two. Stick with At&t it will be worth it. If you want unlimited go with sprint. They have awesome roaming, which is better than no service with t-mobile. Sprint will be a major competitor soon! Once they get money from softbank, and the clearwire Spectrum. Their LTE will be amazing then! Oh yeah and once The FCC has the supposed 600mhz auction, which they will probably let sprint and t-mobile get most of. Sprint will benefit greatly, given they can get ahold of some good blocks of spectrum 

There goes my hopes of getting LTE here in Tyler before I move back to the DFW area. Been here for two years. Absolutely insane. 

Yeah sorry, but in Tyler and longview have been a weird instance for AT&T. Dallas has great LTE for AT&T so no worries

Yeah I know. I just moved here for School. From Rockwall

Well LTE will be across the country sooner than later. I think LTE will be an advantage to more carriers than just the big 2. No need to worry about speeds anyways. After a certain speed, unless you are torrenting or downloading a ton/watching tons of HD videos,you can't really notice a difference. Pings will be low enough to be similar to cable or fiber internet 

There goes my hopes of getting LTE here in Tyler before I move back to the DFW area. Been here for two years. Absolutely insane. 

I'm a bit confused, do you use Sprint or AT&T? Sprint should be able to have their LTE active in at least part of Tyler this summer.

Has anybody checked to see if the site between Lindale and Mineola is broadcasting LTE?

I havent yet but if I get a chance I will soon

I find it sad but, T-mobile I think is having LTE testing northeast of Tyler,near the UT health center. Saw they had a blip of LTE on sensorly. Thinking sprint Needs to get it in gear, as well as AT&T haha

I find it sad but, T-mobile I think is having LTE testing northeast of Tyler,near the UT health center. Saw they had a blip of LTE on sensorly. Thinking sprint Needs to get it in gear, as well as AT&T haha

Pretty quick for their work needed. I saw a crew in and out in less than a day doing one upgrade. The backhaul is already there and the old equipment isn't touched. Bolt on willy and hit the road.

Pretty quick for their work needed. I saw a crew in and out in less than a day doing one upgrade. The backhaul is already there and the old equipment isn't touched. Bolt on willy and hit the road.

That was for t-mobile? I had them before sprint, and I dropped them because of their lack of sites, they had 2 sites near me, but only had edge :/ In town they were goodish. Had a few bad spots, where there is a ton of traffic

That was for t-mobile? I had them before sprint, and I dropped them because of their lack of sites, they had 2 sites near me, but only had edge :/ In town they were goodish. Had a few bad spots, where there is a ton of traffic

Yep it was them. They aren't an option for me as they have less sites than Sprint here and that's pretty bad.

Yep it was them. They aren't an option for me as they have less sites than Sprint here and that's pretty bad.

yeah they have very misleading information. They use the "actual coverage might be less clause" to their advantage. Their "good" 4g coverage actually means 2g everywhere ive been. Same for Verizon's extended 4g coverage usually means a 3g connection

Has anybody checked to see if the site between Lindale and Mineola is broadcasting LTE?

I went to check it, and It is Not broadcasting LTE signal. It has poor 3g signal, but 1x is perfect. I think it is either having issues with LTE or has never had it

I knew T-Mobile was stepping up their game. I do agree T-Mobile does have fewer towers in Tyler than any carrier. Here at my Apartment T-Mobile is useless. I might get 1 bar of 4G if i go outside. Not only that but this is a big college apartment complex. Old Omen and University here. Surprisingly T-Mobile is the only carrier that gets service in my house in Rockwall. They've stepped up in the past 2 years and added more towers in the area. Let's hope this continues into the Tyler area as well. I hate to say it but i'd rather see them get ranked number 3 in the U.S.

I knew T-Mobile was stepping up their game. I do agree T-Mobile does have fewer towers in Tyler than any carrier. Here at my Apartment T-Mobile is useless. I might get 1 bar of 4G if i go outside. Not only that but this is a big college apartment complex. Old Omen and University here. Surprisingly T-Mobile is the only carrier that gets service in my house in Rockwall. They've stepped up in the past 2 years and added more towers in the area. Let's hope this continues into the Tyler area as well. I hate to say it but i'd rather see them get ranked number 3 in the U.S.

They do not even have a T-mobile store out here. I think it will take too long for t-mobile to build out here anymore. I honestly think our market has very few T-mobile customers. Hopefully since sprint has the help of softbank, they may be building out their footprint. I just do not see T-mobile moving up with their limited footprint, and lack of good roaming. I think sprint could add a few towers out near me, I live by lake palestine, but I don't see any plans for them to build out any thing near me. I connect to a tower that is in Tyler city limits. But that is what I get for living in a "Rural" area. I hope they will lease some space off of an AT&T tower that I have Line of sight to(near the new loop 49 and 155). It would benefit a Ton of people on the Loop 49

I meant to upload the pic on the last post lol Athens, Tx Lte

Yeah I went there a few days ago, saw similar stuff. I love the roaming while connected to 4g haha. It was only near downtown that i was getting roaming voice

Yeah I went there a few days ago, saw similar stuff. I love the roaming while connected to 4g haha. It was only near downtown that i was getting roaming voice

Yea I figured the coverage would be much better by now since they've had lte for about 4 months now. Must be a backhaul issue