What's your speed like RIGHT NOW?

I hear you. Advance tech support checked all our towers,basically they are all over capacity. Pretty much he just said until NV gets here we are all screwed. Im trying to hold out till then. But I have to be honest that it is getting harder to put up with each day.

ha I hear ya. I am just lucky I've been able to be on WiFi 90% of the time so im not really effected by it as much as I could be. Stuck with Sprint/Nextel for over 10years so I'm in the long haul here and dont want to miss out on the NV rollout when it happens now at this point...

Yea, I really want to hold out for NV. I guess it is just going to depend on what kind of time table we are looking at for this area. Like you, between wifi at home and work, I can make do. I think the decision to port all our lines out is going to come down to my wife. She is out and about a lot more than I am, and is close to just saying to hell with it. At least she has a 4G signal where she works most of the time. If not, i'm sure we would have left months ago.

Yea, I really want to hold out for NV. I guess it is just going to depend on what kind of time table we are looking at for this area. Like you, between wifi at home and work, I can make do. I think the decision to port all our lines out is going to come down to my wife. She is out and about a lot more than I am, and is close to just saying to hell with it. At least she has a 4G signal where she works most of the time. If not, i'm sure we would have left months ago.

I use WiFi 90% of the time too, and as I look over, the wife has her phone on 3G... She doesn't care that much though...

Yeah I'm doing testing on my battery under 4G use. So far noticeably draining juice but still a huge improvement from OEM battery. 8hrs and still have 26% left with 5.5hrs on screen time.

The Android Strikes Back 4G

How big of a battery do you have on that Evo now?

My wife is big picture taker. And takes a lot of pics at my daughters games and toureys to share with family members, facebook, ect. And with sprints current speeds, that makes what she uses her phone for most, almost impossible. Just wish that the 3G would improve enough to make due. We'd settle for 300 to 500 kbps speeds. Thats still slow, but we can work with that. And honestly I don.t think those speeds are too much to ask for.

My wife is big picture taker. And takes a lot of pics at my daughters games and toureys to share with family members, facebook, ect. And with sprints current speeds, that makes what she uses her phone for most, almost impossible. Just wish that the 3G would improve enough to make due. We'd settle for 300 to 500 kbps speeds. Thats still slow, but we can work with that. And honestly I don.t think those speeds are too much to ask for.

I talked to someone in tech support at Sprint and they told me that anything from 400 to 700kbps is "good 3G speed" I asked them if they knew what the 3G speeds were on other networks and they refused to comment. I'm not asking for much, constant 500k would be plenty, but as my dad would say, don't pee on my boots and tell me it's raining. My boss is getting 4 to 7 mbps on att's 3G.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

LoL. Reminds last week when I was complaing at work. So the girl I work with on att and me both did speedtest. I got 67kbps. She was like thats faster than me. I only got 58.

Had to explain hers was 5.8mb so was 5800 to my 67.

She was like "and why do you pay for that?"

Sadly, I really had no answer.

LoL. Reminds last week when I was complaing at work. So the girl I work with on att and me both did speedtest. I got 67kbps. She was like thats faster than me. I only got 58.

Had to explain hers was 5.8mb so was 5800 to my 67.

She was like "and why do you pay for that?"

Sadly, I really had no answer.

it's sad, I think my 2G is faster than 3G. Lol

it's sad' date=' I think my 2G is faster than 3G. Lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk[/quote']

I used to sometimes force my phone into 1x because the speed would be a consistent 100k. Now I use Force Roam and run on Verizon when I get in those bad cells.

S4GRU is now mobile...posted via Forum Runner

I used to sometimes force my phone into 1x because the speed would be a consistent 100k. Now I use Force Roam and run on Verizon when I get in those bad cells.

You can run Force Roam on your ET4G ?

I tried on mine and my phone froze...

So I never used it again (maybe it was the ROM I was on ? )

My speeds are usually 2.5Mdown and 600K up

Now they are 1M down and 200K up

I don`t know what`s going on!

I was blowing Verizon out of the water for a minute

with my 3G speeds ! :unsure:

1Mbps would be a gift to me and others here in NC. lol

Yeah, I use Roam Control out of the Android Market. I have never had a freeze up issue. I force roam every time I drive down the mesa from Los Alamos. Verizon has 850 service that can reach into the canyon. The 1900 service won't make it in that canyon.

Get a Verizon hot spot to tie you over. I know lots of people who do that.

Get a Verizon hot spot to tie you over. I know lots of people who do that.

I came to the realization today that I use my phone less as a phone than as a mini tablet. I rarely make calls because I hate talking on the phone. The only times that I rely on the network for data I am getting awful data speeds, or if I need my phone to make calls for work, I am roaming. Verizon has 4G all over the place in my area and it will probably take sprint 7 years to upgrade the towers on my commute to 4G. I have WiFi at home and at my desk, but God forbit I leave either of those places or I can kiss data service goodbye.

I came to the realization today that I use my phone less as a phone than as a mini tablet. I rarely make calls because I hate talking on the phone. The only times that I rely on the network for data I am getting awful data speeds' date=' or if I need my phone to make calls for work, I am roaming. Verizon has 4G all over the place in my area and it will probably take sprint 7 years to upgrade the towers on my commute to 4G. I have WiFi at home and at my desk, but God forbit I leave either of those places or I can kiss data service goodbye.[/quote']

I definitely use my E4GT like a mini tablet. That's why the Note is intriguing to me. And I absolutely despise talking on the phone. About the only person I can talk to for more than 2 minutes is my Dad.

I definitely use my E4GT like a mini tablet. That's why the Note is intriguing to me. And I absolutely despise talking on the phone. About the only person I can talk to for more than 2 minutes is my Dad.

That's how I am with my mom and uncle. Otherwise, I hate to be on the phone. The only other person who calls on a regular basis can get quite annoying, lol.

That's how I am with my mom and uncle. Otherwise, I hate to be on the phone. The only other person who calls on a regular basis can get quite annoying, lol.

I see about 250-400kbps. I've learned to accept it until LTE comes along. WiMax is a hit or miss here in Sacramento. I can get it in the house and neighborhood, but I use WiFi when at home. Wish I were able to get it at work though :(

But I'm not a big talker either, I'm a text me first, call if really necessary type.

I really wish Sprint would get the Note. I'm growing more and more intrigued by it.

The Android Strikes Back 4G

It will be awesome. A tablet that fits in your pocket and can make calls. What's not to love about that?

• Like 1

It will be awesome. A tablet that fits in your pocket and can make calls. What's not to love about that?

I'd have to bite on that also. Kinda been wanting one since they initially announced it.

I had to do that yesterday. I ran a speed test on 3G with FULL signal (around 5 pm mind you) and I got 45 kbps down. I'm sorry but dial up speeds are not acceptable to me. I had to force roam onto verizons network in order to do anything internet related. At the same time, I did a speed test on my co-workers Thunderbolt with LTE and he got 9 mbps down! I thought that was very impressive, considering he only had 2 bars and it was peak hours. A wimax test around that time would have only given me 1500 kbps at most. And I can't rely on wimax while I'm driving (my job is delivery so I'm constantly driving) to stream music because it constantly drops the signal. Seems to be doing it more than it used to.

Sprint needs more backhaul and extra carriers than anything else. I did a speed test a few nights ago around 11 pm at my house where I only get 1-2 bars and I pulled down like 800 kbps. So it's definitely more capacity related than signal coverage. I just really hope they turn things around with network vision. I have lost all faith in them at this point, considering all the "upgrades" they claim to have made in my area (according to the cell tower upgrade map thing they have) and not seeing any improvement. I really don't want to pay for Verizon but I might just have to once my contract expires in August if things don't start to turn around.

• Like 1

I can understand and respect that nova46. Sprint needs Network Vision to fix its ailing data issues. And it will in most cells. There are some cells that will still be over capacity with all their spectrum resources used up. In these places, they will have to split cells. We talked a little about this in our first Chicago Network Vision article a few weeks ago.

Also, :welcome: to S4GRU! Hope to see you around.

Thanks :) I'll be visiting frequently. I found this site through XDA and seems you have lots of great and detailed information specific to Sprint's network which I'm very interested in.

Back on topic though, Sprint does have the potential to offer incredible service with all the combined spectrum from them, the soon to be decommissioned iDEN network, and Clearwire's spectrum when it's converted to LTE. They just need to actually stick with all the plans they have and not take forever to complete them.

• Like 1