HTC One preview thread (was "Any M7 takers?")

Feech

So does that mean Wifi & BT cannot be used simultaneously on the One?

Yes, and this is true of most/all smartphones.

AJ

Yes, and this is true of most/all smartphones.

I am pretty sure on my Evo 3D I have been browsing the internet via Wifi while streaming audio via BT from my phone to my car stereo. Maybe it has a different configuration.

I am pretty sure on my Evo 3D I have been browsing the internet via Wifi while streaming audio via BT from my phone to my car stereo.

That does not mean that both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are transmitting at the same time. And the EVO 3D is like most other smartphones -- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth share an antenna.

AJ

That does not mean that both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are transmitting at the same time. And the EVO 3D is like most other smartphones -- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth share an antenna.

AJ

This confuses me a bit, I stream music from pandora and play through bluetooth all the time. Unless pandora buffers, pauses music playback, then play's it through bluetooth, I have no idea how this is possible.

-Luis

Good work, leerage. Yes, let us hope that the final build retains the engineering screens (or that the FieldTrial.apk can be sideloaded from the EVO LTE to the One).

AJ

I asked Dana if she could try the ##DEBUG# code as well on the AT&T HTC One and as expected it did not work.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 3

I asked Dana if she could try the ##DEBUG# code as well on the AT&T HTC One and as expected it did not work.

I am fairly certain that the ##DEBUG# code has long/always been just a Sprint thing.

AJ

I use Wifi and bluetooth frequently for Pandora never had an issue, what would prevent the antenna from being used if Wifi and BT were not transmitting/receiving on the same channels?

I really want to order another HTC One in black.

Anyone know the best place to grab One (off contract)?

Newegg and Wirefly are offering the One in black for preorder but I suspect they will be delyaed. Sprint and HTC have given no date when the One in black will be available.

Edit -- I take that back. Wirefly is now showing as "Coming soon" and no option to preorder and from what I can tell on Newegg, they have removed the option completely for stealth black.

• Like 1

I really want to order another HTC One in black.

Anyone know the best place to grab One (off contract)?

I went to both best buy and a sprint corporate store. They both said that I could not preorder a black one and they had no eta on its availability.
  • Like 2

I went to both best buy and a sprint corporate store. They both said that I could not preorder a black one and they had no eta on its availability.
<br /><br />I just added my name to a HTC One pre-order list at a Sprint Corporate store and they were only taking orders for the silver.<br /><br /><br />Question...do you think the silver version looks macho enough Edited by kct1975

<br /><br />I just added my name to a HTC One pre-order list at a Sprint Corporate store and they were only taking orders for the silver.<br /><br /><br />Question...do you think the silver version looks macho enough

Put it in a pink case. :P

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

http://www.androidce...asual-review

From reading Mr. Nickinson's review, you can see how the lingering network issues still affect Sprint. How many people read a review like that and take him at face value, even though their network experience could be completely different where they live?

• Like 1

http://www.androidce...asual-review

From reading Mr. Nickinson's review, you can see how the lingering network issues still affect Sprint. How many people read a review like that and take him at face value, even though their network experience could be completely different where they live?

He tested it in Atlanta which is at almost full build out. I don't know how the reception is at Hartsfield airport, one of the places he tested it is, but the switching from 4G to 3G back and forth on the One concerns me. I'm going to see how others rate it on this site and others before I buy. I hope the radio is a good performer.

<br /><br />I just added my name to a HTC One pre-order list at a Sprint Corporate store and they were only taking orders for the silver.<br /><br /><br />Question...do you think the silver version looks macho enough

Now im worried that i shouldn't of got the black one off wirefly.. I really don't want to wait any longer then i need to!

He tested it in Atlanta which is at almost full build out. I don't know how the reception is at Hartsfield airport, one of the places he tested it is, but the switching from 4G to 3G back and forth on the One concerns me. I'm going to see how others rate it on this site and others before I buy. I hope the radio is a good performer.

Come on, I live in atlanta and I am averaging about twice what he is claiming. Besides, running speedtests at the airport probably won't give you the best results anyway, after all hartsfield jackson is the worlds busiest airport which averages a quarter million passengers every single day.

He tested it in Atlanta which is at almost full build out. I don't know how the reception is at Hartsfield airport, one of the places he tested it is, but the switching from 4G to 3G back and forth on the One concerns me.

The two sites actually on airport property and two sites, respectively, just north and west of the airport have not been completed yet. So, Phil Nickinson was connecting only to more distant sites, many of them easily two miles away around the airport.

I swear, some of these tech "journalists" seemingly cannot help themselves but make Sprint look bad.

AJ

• Like 2

From looking at the sponsor maps, it appears there are major improvements still to come at ATL (airport). (Can I say that?)

Edit: never mind.

HA! The phone is for my wife and she wants the silver one!

HA! The phone is for my wife and she wants the silver one!

I am not gonna lie, I prefer the silver color and thats what I am getting, my girl also prefers the silver as well so I'll be getting her one also.

• Like 3

I am not gonna lie, I prefer the silver color and thats what I am getting, my girl also prefers the silver as well so I'll be getting her one also.

Silver is the way to go. Because the One is aluminum, the black anodization is going to scratch off and look ass bad (not badass) relatively quickly.

AJ

• Like 5