CM10 is absolutely fantastic.

sparky222b

I've been running it for about a month now, and it is so smooth, fast, and responsive. I ran it on my original EVO for two years, and never even considered running another ROM. There are some thing I miss about sense though: HTC's music player, car mode, and the way the weather widget had the 3D effect when scrolling between home screens. All small things with workarounds.

• Like 1

I ran CM7 for a while loved the feature where you could go to an app and just tap on the permissions to remove them. No reboot required. Simple. To put them back just tap again on the app permission. CM9 didn't have this. Huge feature missing. Does CM10 have it?

Sent from a little old Note 2

I was using the Decks CM10 for a bit this summer, that was until I found out that eHRPD was in the area. I can say that while I was running it I was so happy with it. Just a better overall experience. I wish I could stay on it but the data I here is wishy washy with the LTE. Since I'm on the verge I think of deployment I don't want to be fumbling with the phone trying to get a connection worse than I am now.

I've been using CM and AOSP ROMs for years. It's gotten to the point that I can't see a point using a phone without them. The nexus devices are particularly awesome with CM.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I wouldn't be so fast to jump on the CM10 praise bandwagon. I found the rom to be littered with annoying glitches such as the microphone used for recording is the noise canceling microphone located on the top of the device. To fix this you have to flash another file which breaks the devices A2DP bluetooth audio streaming abilities. There's the random data connection drop outs and the decreased battery life.

There's something to be said for sticking to the stock roms. At least the software engeners that created them had to go through various levels of testing and actually had the OEM partner support for the chipsets that make up the working components of these complex devices.

• Like 1

The one thing that I do now more so than ever before is take lots of videos and pictures and unfortunately there isn't any non sense rom that has a camera app even remotely close to the sense camera. For what its worth though I do have cm10 running on my gnex and I love it.

I wouldn't be so fast to jump on the CM10 praise bandwagon. I found the rom to be littered with annoying glitches such as the microphone used for recording is the noise canceling microphone located on the top of the device. To fix this you have to flash another file which breaks the devices A2DP bluetooth audio streaming abilities. There's the random data connection drop outs and the decreased battery life.

There's something to be said for sticking to the stock roms. At least the software engeners that created them had to go through various levels of testing and actually had the OEM partner support for the chipsets that make up the working components of these complex devices.

True. The funny thing about the CM ROMs for devices running a forked (sense, touchwiz, motoblur, LG, etc) version of Android is that by the time the ROM finally gets everything working and is starting to see some decent polish, bam, new android version drops, and CM moves on to the new AOSP. Most of the "drivers" carry over, but they still spin their wheels integrating all the new features.

This is only an issue if you are on a forked version of android though as the Nexus line has AOSP running smoothly nearly the minute it drops. P.S. my jelly bean stock keyboard autocorrected nexus to Jesus...

Therefore, if you want AOSP, or ROMs running smoothly on the latest Android software, you are MUCH better off with a Nexus phone/tablet than a forked OS. You lose a little of the glitz that the OEMs throw on their flagship models, and the ability to use a microSD, but the OS runs smooth as silk with everything working as it should.

My big thing about CM10 is the loss of dialer codes. That's a deal breaker for me. Cannot get into the LTE Engineering screen!

Robert

• Like 4

FreeGS3 by SonicTeam is an excellent CM alternative. Stable, dialer codes work, lots of support and active, mostly friendly forum. All kinds of user selectable customizations during flashing process. Thought about CM on the GS3, but after using FreeGS3 for a few months now, I'm not changing to anything else.

Can I get this on my Epic 4G touch? I have been digging around for the answer to this but I don't really understand most of what I'm coming across. Would this put jelly bean on my GS2 (albeit clearly in an unofficial, unsupported and warranty-voiding sort of way)?

Can I get this on my Epic 4G touch? I have been digging around for the answer to this but I don't really understand most of what I'm coming across. Would this put jelly bean on my GS2 (albeit clearly in an unofficial' date=' unsupported and warranty-voiding sort of way)?[/quote']

Yes. Check xda

Or buy a cyanogen mod supported device. The gs3 runs cm10 smoothly' date=' too!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

[/quote']

Non-nexus devices have proprietary software that is not open sourced making it tough to get everything running. It might run, and it might appear smooth, but it takes time to backwards engineer everything. Anyone remember how long it took to get working wimax?

Not an HTC device, but I've been running CM10 on my ancient Epic 4G that I'm letting my son use. I must say that it's been running as smooth as butter! And so fast too. It simply embarrasses the stock Samsung/Touchwiz ROM.

• Like 1