Network Vision/LTE Market - West Iowa/Nebraska Market (Omaha/Council Bluffs/Lincoln)

TrentAllen

Did you head over there? Were you able to pick up a LTE signal?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I did, I drove to Valley thinking of all the LTE joy and I got there and nothing (I even tripled checked my phone to make sure data was set to CDMA/LTE). I then ran a speed test and got the awesome speeds of..... .14 MBPS down and .24 MBPS up. I assumed that atleast the 3G speeds would have increased.
Yeah I got around the same speed. It was pretty terrible.

No, some are live before acceptance. Some are in test mode. Some get accepted and go love that day and some take a week or two to go live. In some rare cases it takes a month or more if there was an issue.

And sites will go up and down in an unlaunched market.

Sent from my little Note2

Is there any way to tell if its live, other than taking the drive out to the tower to check?

No, some are live before acceptance. Some are in test mode. Some get accepted and go love that day and some take a week or two to go live. In some rare cases it takes a month or more if there was an issue.

And sites will go up and down in an unlaunched market.

Is there any way to tell if its live, other than taking the drive out to the tower to check?

That's it. In the NOLA market we mark new sites as question mark until someone drives out to confirm it. Then we also mark who confirmed and what the serving cells were.

Good news for Lincoln, NE -- i was over on 48th & Leighton, near Wesleyan today and did a speedtest.  i got 2MB down.  did it a few more times and they were all in the 1MB-2MB down range!

With good news however is the Bad news: I was a few blocks north of 20th & Cornhusker and data SUCKED!  77kbps down:\  this was the case on each speedtest attempt.

I did some speed tests this morning and I got some very encouraging and impressive results. 

144th and Dodge

144th and Dodge.png

114th and Dodge

114th and Dodge.png

On 680 near West Center

680 and West Center.png

84th and I-80

84th and I-80.png

84th and Giles

84th and Giles.png

• Like 2

i don't like the 250+ms pings but i guess it's a start of progress!?!??

I did some speed tests this morning and I got some very encouraging and impressive results. 

144th and Dodge

attachicon.gif144th and Dodge.png

114th and Dodge

attachicon.gif114th and Dodge.png

On 680 near West Center

attachicon.gif680 and West Center.png

84th and I-80

attachicon.gif84th and I-80.png

84th and Giles

attachicon.gif84th and Giles.png

Happy to read of activity in NE, I have seen no sign of work being done on towers along I29 in Council Bluffs and East Omaha will report when I do..

• Like 1

For what its worth (maybe nothing) The tower at Dodge and Skyline has lines painted all over the ground (the Call before you dig lines).  This makes me think they could be running fiber or doing some work in the near future. **Hopeful**  Also the tower just north of Dodge at 180th had a van parked right next to it but couldn't get close.  There was somewhere there though I can't say what they were doing.

I'm stationed at Offutt and I've been noticing lots of data problems on my iPhone lately.....although it's hard to say if that because of stuff going in/around the base (people have continual remote starter problems on base....fine off) or if its due to the deployment of 4G LTE.

First LTE site accepted in Lincoln area yesterday, on the east side.  It will be added to the Sponsor maps this evening.

Robert

• Like 2

If someone figures out where it's at, I will drive by there and test it.

I just made teh switch to Sprint last week, and was crossing my fingers that LTE would be here soon.

Only getting .2 to .4 on the west side.

Edited by jharvey71884
  • Like 1

If someone figures out where it's at, I will drive by there and test it.

I just made teh switch to Sprint last week, and was crossing my fingers that LTE would be here soon.

Only getting .2 to .4 on the west side.

I'd been getting that consistently in Omaha but in the last month or so I'm getting 0.5-1.0.

I know where but just go to network.sprint.com and put in the zip code and its one of the locations with speed upgrade on east side

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

First LTE site accepted in Lincoln area yesterday, on the east side.  It will be added to the Sponsor maps this evening.

Robert

hey robert,

were you able to get the maps updated??

Did anyone try to use the LTE discovery app near the tower west of Omaha?

I was just out there.  I did not use the LTE discovery app, but I toggled airplane mode and turned the data on/off a few times.  There still was nothing except for crazy slow 3G speeds.

sucks.... 4G in Omaha, 4G in Lincoln, neither active :\

I was just out there.  I did not use the LTE discovery app, but I toggled airplane mode and turned the data on/off a few times.  There still was nothing except for crazy slow 3G speeds.

• Like 1