Network Vision/LTE Market - West Iowa/Nebraska Market (Omaha/Council Bluffs/Lincoln)

TrentAllen

Great to know, because I just bought a house over on NW 45th, which is right by the airport, I'm guessing I would be using the same towers. Do you ever have issues with dropping calls? Or just the data?

We will be neighbors I live 2 blocks from NW45th. As for calls it is super rare that you drop calls. It's hard to tell on the data since I am on wifi all the time. But early in the morning in that neighborhood (around 6:00am) i have seen speeds as high as 1.5-2.0. So its basically just a bandwidth issue.

I was over at Village Pointe last night and the speed test was still a joke 1000ms ping with 0.03 download and upload. SIGH

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Expect that or even worse on legacy 3g sites until they upgrade the backhaul to NV ready status (you'll get 1-> 2.5 mbps if so) and upgrade the equipment.

Was at two different sprint stores today...I shut off the WIFI on their iPhone 5...did a speed test using checkmyspeed.com.

Both times it came around .7

I could probably live with that, if I knew that was what it's going to be all the time.

Was at two different sprint stores today...I shut off the WIFI on their iPhone 5...did a speed test using checkmyspeed.com.

Both times it came around .7

I could probably live with that, if I knew that was what it's going to be all the time.

Unfortunately, it's going to vary greatly from tower to tower and sector to sector until Network Vision upgrades come to Lincoln.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

We will be neighbors I live 2 blocks from NW45th. As for calls it is super rare that you drop calls. It's hard to tell on the data since I am on wifi all the time. But early in the morning in that neighborhood (around 6:00am) i have seen speeds as high as 1.5-2.0. So its basically just a bandwidth issue.

Still thinking of making the switch. I have one more day to do it. Otherwise I need to wait until end of next month. Is .2 and .3 good enough for navigation? My bill would only be $75 or so a month, which is really hard to beat. Really hard.

Still thinking of making the switch. I have one more day to do it. Otherwise I need to wait until end of next month. Is .2 and .3 good enough for navigation? My bill would only be $75 or so a month, which is really hard to beat. Really hard.

until NV gets done its going to be inconsistent and all over the place. at my work some days i pull 700k-1meg down and other days i can barely get 100k-200k. so if you can handle data speeds being all over the place until NV gets done then go for it. but if those times/days data sucks and you can't do anything are going to piss you off then you will probably want to wait until NV gets done.

It should be maybe someone else can chime in.  My HTC 4G LTE has had problems with Google Nav since an upgrade at the beginning of the year.  It will work a while then just crashes.  I am still trying find a fix.  When it does work it seems like data is not an issue. Routes don't take too terribly long and the screen seems to keep up.

First site accepted in the West Iowa/Nebraska market yesterday. And it's LTE! It's on the far west side of the Omaha metro area on the way to Fremont. It will appear on the Sponsor maps in the next refresh.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 2

Yes!! How much time does it usually take from being accepted to LTE being flipped on?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

It is live at acceptance about 90% of the time these days.

When does the refresh happen? I was about to head out for some errands and I was going to drive past and see if I got a signal or if any work was being done on the tower.  :lol:

When does the refresh happen? I was about to head out for some errands and I was going to drive past and see if I got a signal or if any work was being done on the tower.

I will go manually add it now for you guys. It will take 5-10 mins. Hold on.

• Like 1

Thank you Robert! :)

OK, it's on the map now.  You will likely have to refresh the page and then zoom back in.  In the worst case scenario, you'll have to clear your cache.  But it just appeared for me changing my zoom level over Omaha.  Take some pictures and post some speedtest screenshots if you get an LTE signal.  However, if you want to discuss the exact location details, do it in the Sponsor thread.

Thanks, and enjoy your tower spotting!

Robert

what is the link to the map you are referring to?

if someone knows the location of the tower in Omaha, i'll go check it out!!

It is in the Sponsor forum: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/517-nv-sites-complete/

There is also the Sponsors forum for the area too: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/636-network-vision-site-map-nebraskaiowa-markets

• Like 1