Network Vision/LTE Market - West Iowa/Nebraska Market (Omaha/Council Bluffs/Lincoln)

TrentAllen

Just wanted to drop by and say hello. I have been lurking this site for a while, anxsiouly anticipating any updates in the Omaha area. More specifically the Elkhorn area. I have "mapped" my current coverage via Sensorly around the west omaha area and out to Fremont regularly. I have noticed that, while I'm at home, I do have Ehrpd connection. Does this mean once 4g is active I will be able to receive service?

Just wanted to drop by and say hello. I have been lurking this site for a while, anxsiouly anticipating any updates in the Omaha area. More specifically the Elkhorn area. I have "mapped" my current coverage via Sensorly around the west omaha area and out to Fremont regularly. I have noticed that, while I'm at home, I do have Ehrpd connection. Does this mean once 4g is active I will be able to receive service?

eHRPD is just a software update to the towers.

Sprint is upgrading every tower. If you currently have good 3G coverage, then you will have 4G. Sprint's plan is to mirror it's 3G footprint as much as possible with LTE.

• Like 1

eHRPD is just a software update to the towers.

Sprint is upgrading every tower. If you currently have good 3G coverage, then you will have 4G. Sprint's plan is to mirror it's 3G footprint as much as possible with LTE.

Thanks, and I appreciate the quick response. Sorry for, which I'm sure, was such a basic question.

• Like 1

Thanks, and I appreciate the quick response. Sorry for, which I'm sure, was such a basic question.

Not a problem, we are growing all the time and welcome new members! I'm sure you have plenty of questions, and for that we do have a handy FAQ right over here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1704-frequently-asked-questions/

Feel free to post if you have further questions!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Good to hear! Hopefully LTE is flipped on at least 1 tower by late summer/early fall. :)

Definitely before then. ;)

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

swingorstrikeout were you attempting to post a picture? Are you seeing lte in omaha?

I was attempting to post yes, but was unsuccessful. I apologize tremendously for any false hope. Im still new to this site and saw that this topic had died down. I have received no LTE in my area (west omaha)

Again, my apologies

How do you know this? Was Omaha or Lincoln announced?

It has not been announced, no. We have dozens of sources inside Sprint, Clearwire, Samsung, Ericsson, Alcatel Lucent and even some subcontractors that give S4GRU information.

Almost all Samsung markets with Ground Mount Sites are already underway, including the West Iowa/Nebraska market. And full build sites will be starting soon, in the next 2-3 months. Initial work will be all over the market, including Lincoln and Omaha. Later, it will start to concentrate more on urban full build sites in Omaha and Lincoln.

If you become a S4GRU Sponsor, you will get access to a lot more data. We show which sites gets accepted by Sprint from the OEM's every week. When sites start getting accepted in your market, you can be among the first to know. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Robert

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was near Westroads Mall earlier in the week and got this for a speed test. If I recall one of the few WiMax towers in Omaha is around here, so maybe that is the reason for the high download speeds.

post-509-0-97234300-1360775667_thumb.jpg

dear lord, i hope those are not 4g speeds. If I recall correctly there is a wimax signal that broadcasts midtown (around westroads area to about 80th and dodge) but your LTE phone shouldn't pick up those signals. that picture you posted just looks like decent 3g speeds

dear lord, i hope those are not 4g speeds. If I recall correctly there is a wimax signal that broadcasts midtown (around westroads area to about 80th and dodge) but your LTE phone shouldn't pick up those signals. that picture you posted just looks like decent 3g speeds

Considering the phone says 3G, pretty sure those are just decent 3G speeds you're looking at.

Considering the phone says 3G, pretty sure those are just decent 3G speeds you're looking at.

Yeah they are amazing speeds compared to what I normally get, which is about 0.30 down and 0.30 up.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I was simply responding. Anyone have any updates?

And our moderator was simply responding too.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea when they will start LTE rollout for the Omaha Lincoln area? I heard from a individual in Bellevue Nebraska that sprint had contacted them to see if they needed permits to start the build?

Work should begin in the next couple of months. We can't say for sure right now when work will start, but we will sure post about it when we do find out.