Network Vision/LTE Market - West Iowa/Nebraska Market (Omaha/Council Bluffs/Lincoln)

TrentAllen

183kbs upload speeds are anything but decent. decent *maybe* 10 years ago...

for sprint, pre-network vision, 1.1mbps is good,

183 kbps still pretty crappy, i get between 100kbps and 1mbps, depends on the day

• 2 weeks later...

i sure as hell hope so. maybe +S4GRU can confirm??

So watching the sprint tower upgrade site https://network.spri...m/search/68521/ , for Lincoln, it was at 13 for several months and just jumped up to 26 tower upgrades in the last week. Omaha's also has had a big jump. They are mostly speed upgrades. Could this be good news?

As of this morning, still nothing accepted in this market. But I'm watching.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 2

Three towers close to the base are all along my favorite summer biking route. Wondering what I should look for in upgrade equipment? Anyone know any companies that would be doing the upgrades or if equipment would be visible overnight? I could take some pictures if anyone is interested.

if you see any workers/construction/equipment taking place, take pics and fill us in!

Three towers close to the base are all along my favorite summer biking route. Wondering what I should look for in upgrade equipment? Anyone know any companies that would be doing the upgrades or if equipment would be visible overnight? I could take some pictures if anyone is interested.

• 4 weeks later...

For what it's worth. I was doing some work at a Lincoln site that us cellular is upgrading to 4g and a sprint worker was there troubleshooting something. I asked if they where ever going to upgrade and he said they will be this summer and want to have it up and running by the first husker game.

• Like 3

For what it's worth. I was doing some work at a Lincoln site that us cellular is upgrading to 4g and a sprint worker was there troubleshooting something. I asked if they where ever going to upgrade and he said they will be this summer and want to have it up and running by the first husker game.

BINGO

If LTE is up by then I will be so happy. :lol:

Just to add some more rumor to the fire: While upgrading to the HTC One I was having a conversation with a Sprint sales representative at an Omaha store. He said someone was recently in the store and claimed to be from out of town here to start construction on the towers. Otherwise he was pretty non-committal about anything happening soon. I lost my WiMax test tower access ( love the phone though ) so now I'm even more excited about LTE. Hopefully soon!

• Like 1

Just to add some more rumor to the fire: While upgrading to the HTC One I was having a conversation with a Sprint sales representative at an Omaha store. He said someone was recently in the store and claimed to be from out of town here to start construction on the towers. Otherwise he was pretty non-committal about anything happening soon. I lost my WiMax test tower access ( love the phone though ) so now I'm even more excited about LTE. Hopefully soon!

Very plausible info received. They are starting work.

Very plausible info received. They are starting work.

Finally! I've been waiting a year to hear this. :lol:

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

So watching the sprint tower upgrade site https://network.spri...m/search/68521/ , for Lincoln, it was at 13 for several months and just jumped up to 26 tower upgrades in the last week. Omaha's also has had a big jump. They are mostly speed upgrades. Could this be good news?

Still seeing more upgrades added every few days. Have noticed a huge improvement in 3G service. Can actually stream high quality music when driving during rush hours .

Between the third and fourth Husker game. Was supposed to be launched around June (Before 4th of July/Memorial Park Concert) but technical difficulties pushed it back a few months. Until then, the avg 1.8 mbps dl speeds aren't TOO bad. :tu:

You will start seeing some (more) outages around Bellevue, Plattsmouth, and Millard soon due to this.

Edited by clix

Man we really need help out were I work/live which is the west end of town. From last Friday.

2013-05-03_12-24-08_zps60e992b7.png

Could not even stream 28kbs so I could listen to my internet radio. :angry:

I was getting 0.09 mb/s down around i-80 and the Giles exit. I just ended up flipping on XM. :\

So is it crazy for me to jump to Sprint right now from Verizon, with the hope things are going to be getting better and that 4G is coming?

I will get a 23% discount hrough work with Sprint, which makes my bill from Verizon go down significally. In addition, I plan to cancel cable and just do Hulu/Netflix/ESPN (sprint tV)...

Or should I maybe wait a bit longer.

So is it crazy for me to jump to Sprint right now from Verizon, with the hope things are going to be getting better and that 4G is coming?

I will get a 23% discount hrough work with Sprint, which makes my bill from Verizon go down significally. In addition, I plan to cancel cable and just do Hulu/Netflix/ESPN (sprint tV)...

Or should I maybe wait a bit longer.

Wait a couple more months before taking the jump and watch the progress from here. Or you can suffer now but watch a historical process of how a carrier that was almost driven to the ground rebuild itself (and its network) to bring competition to the ruling duopoly.

Okay, going to kill my wife though. Her phone is out of contract now and it's running on fumes...it's getting really bad. She is begging me to lte her upgrade to the iPhone 4s or 5 on Verizon, and said she doesn't mind if we switch to Sprint, but to do it now.

What type of speeds are people getting on 3g in LIncoln? To be honest, that last week or so on verizon, I have only been getting about .3 to .5

Man we really need help out were I work/live which is the west end of town. From last Friday.

2013-05-03_12-24-08_zps60e992b7.png

Could not even stream 28kbs so I could listen to my internet radio. :angry:

You need to file a trouble ticket on that.

Okay, going to kill my wife though. Her phone is out of contract now and it's running on fumes...it's getting really bad. She is begging me to lte her upgrade to the iPhone 4s or 5 on Verizon, and said she doesn't mind if we switch to Sprint, but to do it now.

What type of speeds are people getting on 3g in LIncoln? To be honest, that last week or so on verizon, I have only been getting about .3 to .5

Expect that or even worse on legacy 3g sites until they upgrade the backhaul to NV ready status (you'll get 1-> 2.5 mbps if so) and upgrade the equipment.

I work and live by the airport and average about 0.2-0.3. But it gets bad in the afternoon sometimes where I only get 0.05-0.1. During non peak times i have seen 1-1.5. But the 1.5 is rare.

You need to file a trouble ticket on that.

That was just one of the really bad days but I usually only get 0.2-.3. But no trouble ticket will fix that. Just waiting for tower upgrades.

I work and live by the airport and average about 0.2-0.3. But it gets bad in the afternoon sometimes where I only get 0.05-0.1. During non peak times i have seen 1-1.5. But the 1.5 is rare.

Great to know, because I just bought a house over on NW 45th, which is right by the airport, I'm guessing I would be using the same towers. Do you ever have issues with dropping calls? Or just the data?