Network Vision/LTE Market - West Iowa/Nebraska Market (Omaha/Council Bluffs/Lincoln)

TrentAllen

Are we able to look at the maps? It says it needs a password to access the page.

Also, is there any work being done around the area of 68112? My cell signal and 3g have been pretty much no existent for about the last 2 weeks :(

You have to be a sponsor to access those threads.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Ah ok, I just hope my service improves, its to the point where hardly even look at my phone anymore.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Ah ok, I just hope my service improves, its to the point where hardly even look at my phone anymore.

It's the same with me. I'm almost to the point where I want to pay a $200 ETF and go to Verizon.

You guys have waited this long. It would be ridiculous to leave now that deployment is actually beginning in your market.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

I have no intentions of leaving, and with them starting in our area like you said it would be a waste of time.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Has anyone in the Omaha area noticed their data connections dropping out in places that it had worked in the past?  I can't get anything around Village Pointe (which has had issues for about 6 months) and then barely 1X speeds on 132nd from Dodge to Maple.  Hopefully it is because they are upgrading the current towers, but it is data speeds like this that are making me want to dump Sprint recently.

Has anyone in the Omaha area noticed their data connections dropping out in places that it had worked in the past? I can't get anything around Village Pointe (which has had issues for about 6 months) and then barely 1X speeds on 132nd from Dodge to Maple. Hopefully it is because they are upgrading the current towers, but it is data speeds like this that are making me want to dump Sprint recently.

I've noticed it not being there lol. But did have a weird thing happen last night. I set by phone down and the signal would slowly go up from zero bars to full bars, then back down to zero. It would keep doing it.

Has anyone in the Omaha area noticed their data connections dropping out in places that it had worked in the past?  I can't get anything around Village Pointe (which has had issues for about 6 months) and then barely 1X speeds on 132nd from Dodge to Maple.  Hopefully it is because they are upgrading the current towers, but it is data speeds like this that are making me want to dump Sprint recently.

I've noticed it not being there lol. But did have a weird thing happen last night. I set by phone down and the signal would slowly go up from zero bars to full bars, then back down to zero. It would keep doing it.

From what I've read from other market threads that are being deployed this is an unfortunate side affect of upgrading the network. you are going to have dropped calls, no data connection, and delayed texts until they get closer to being done with your area.

First site accepted in the West Iowa/Nebraska market yesterday. And it's LTE! It's on the far west side of the Omaha metro area on the way to Fremont. It will appear on the Sponsor maps in the next refresh.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I found the tower and Sprint confirmed that it has been turned on.  On my out there later to see what is going on.  Hopefully I'll have screenshots later!

• Like 2

First site accepted in the West Iowa/Nebraska market yesterday. And it's LTE! It's on the far west side of the Omaha metro area on the way to Fremont. It will appear on the Sponsor maps in the next refresh.

I found the tower and Sprint confirmed that it has been turned on. On my out there later to see what is going on. Hopefully I'll have screenshots later!

Wheres it located? I may try to find it after work

Wheres it located? I may try to find it after work

I don't know how Robert will feel about it if I spill the beans.  If he gives his blessing I'll drop the Sprint Response into the thread.

I don't know how Robert will feel about it if I spill the beans.  If he gives his blessing I'll drop the Sprint Response into the thread.

In this instance, go ahead.  Thanks for checking with me.

Robert

I knows its progress, but could they have built it any further in the boonies lol. Would have made more sense to start in Omaha or atleast Lincoln.

I found the tower and Sprint confirmed that it has been turned on. On my out there later to see what is going on. Hopefully I'll have screenshots later!
Did you head over there? Were you able to pick up a LTE signal?

I knows its progress, but could they have built it any further in the boonies lol. Would have made more sense to start in Omaha or atleast Lincoln.

Sprint agrees with you.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/582109#582109

Did you head over there? Were you able to pick up a LTE signal?

I did, I drove to Valley thinking of all the LTE joy and I got there and nothing (I even tripled checked my phone to make sure data was set to CDMA/LTE).  I then ran a speed test and got the awesome speeds of..... .14 MBPS down and .24 MBPS up.  I assumed that atleast the 3G speeds would have increased.

What does accepted really mean?

Technology is accepted and there's no problem in broadcasting the signal. 

So does the site stay live and broadcast the signal or does it get shut back down until more towers are broadcasting LTE?

So does the site stay live and broadcast the signal or does it get shut back down until more towers are broadcasting LTE?

90% of the time the site stays live with the technology it's been accepted for. Other times they're shut off and reappear a while later.

Technology is accepted and there's no problem in broadcasting the signal.

No, some are live before acceptance. Some are in test mode. Some get accepted and go love that day and some take a week or two to go live. In some rare cases it takes a month or more if there was an issue.

And sites will go up and down in an unlaunched market.

Sent from my little Note2