What do you want to see from the SoftBank investment?

Feech

I was really thinking about what could come from this merger for the customers. Which got me to this. What would you people like to see now from Sprint that you have not seen here in the states from a carrier. I'll go first.

I would love to see a data only plan for my for EVO LTE no talk time just data period. I can use wifi to talk if I need to and a super low rate for this plan..Like 40 bucks a month. Is VOIP over a 4G network bandwith intensive as lets say a HD YouTube video?

This would be ideal for me I spend less than 100 Min a month on the phone super rare its over 200 min

• Like 1

I edited the title because this is not a merger.

AJ

• Like 2

I would fully support a similar plan. I literally use no minutes some months. Everyone I know either uses SMS or has a mobile phone, and most of my calling happens on nights and weekends, to boot. Last time I looked at my account info, I only used 1 minute of my 450. If there was a super-cheap plan with just data, maybe 25 to 50 minutes (you never know when you'll actually need them) and unlimited SMS/MMS, I would be all over it.

Other than that, they just need to have the infrastructure to handle large amounts of data. That's the biggest thing that should come out of this deal. They were moving in that direction anyway, and this could definitely help.

I would like to see more money invested into the network. Build out coverage to compete with at&t and Verizon. Better device selection. More advertising to get good pr so that people know that sprint has improved. Sick of everytime I tell someone that I have sprint service they automatically say it suck

Build out coverage to compete with at&t and Verizon.

Not gonna happen. VZW and AT&T did not build their networks; they bought them. No carrier has the wherewithal to build a nationwide urban and rural network. In this economic climate, that would be financial suicide.

Sick of everytime I tell someone that I have sprint service they automatically say it suck

Who cares? Your choice of wireless carrier should not reflect upon you as a person, nor should it be something that comes up frequently in conversation.

AJ

• Like 4

Better device selection. More advertising to get good pr so that people know that sprint has improved. Sick of everytime I tell someone that I have sprint service they automatically say it suck

You really don't think the device selection is good? i have thought they have one of the better out of the 4 especially with the iPhone.

I would like to see schedule bumps for all late 2nd round and 3rd/4th round markets. This would mean more sub contractors from the NV OEMs.

I would like to see bonus money being made available to NV OEMs for having sites accepted ahead of schedule (the further ahead of schedule, the larger the bonus). However, if a market has sites behind schedule, then no bonus is available until they catch up, sites must be completed in schedule order. I would like to see contract verbiage that guarantees at least 80% of the bonus money goes to the sub-contracting company and 60% ends up in the hands of the people doing the work.

I would like to see Nextel shutdown by 12/31/12 and device subsidies (50% off the new customer price) given to existing Nextel subscribers or the option to leave ETF free.

I would like the HTC EVO LTE recalled and the subscribers have the option to replace it with a similar device (Galaxy Nexus, GS3, LG Viper, or any other high level LTE device). As an offshoot, I would like HTC sued for delivering a faulty product and not voluntary issuing a recall/admitting a problem.

I would like an online reporting system for Sprint branded owned stores where bullshit and outright lies can be reported. Stores have customer ratings next to their listing on the Sprint.com website.

I would like a new division call internal communications be created where there is a rep from every Sprint division who meets and talks with Public Relations so that the PRs they issue are not so terribly inaccurate.

• Like 4

I would love to see a data only plan for my for EVO LTE no talk time just data period. I can use wifi to talk if I need to and a super low rate for this plan..Like 40 bucks a month. Is VOIP over a 4G network bandwith intensive as lets say a HD YouTube video?

There is one :) I have data only plan which is Sprint Relay Data Only Plan and it cost $29.99 with $10 premium data for 4G Wimax smartphones. There also a newer plan which is $44.99 and $10 premium data for 4GLTE smartphone. Both included unlimited SMS. The catch? You must be deaf/hard of hearing. haha :D

• Like 2

I would like...

I would like a pony.

AJ

• Like 5

There is one :) I have data only plan which is Sprint Relay Data Only Plan and it cost $29.99 with $10 premium data for 4G Wimax smartphones. There also a newer plan which is $44.99 and $10 premium data for 4GLTE smartphone. Both included unlimited SMS. The catch? You must be deaf/hard of hearing. haha :D

Did not know something like this existed.. thanks for the heads up. Very interesting.

• Like 1

Return of the Premiere rewards (12 month upgrade, etc). I've been with them for 13+ years. I was very bummed when they suspended that program.

My Evo 4G was my introduction to Sprint. I got it in September of 2010, and when I bought it, the salesperson was going over all the benefits of my plan and mentioned the 12 month upgrade. I was pretty excited because I was expecting to have to keep the Evo for 2 years, and the prospect of quick upgrades made Sprint seem like the absolute best choice I could have made. Three months later, they ended the yearly upgrade program. I felt so cheated, words can't describe it. Needless to say, that along with the terrible data speeds I was suddenly experiencing made me seriously consider going to T-Mobile when my contract was up. This site was the only reason I signed another contract.

• Like 2

I would like a toilet made of solid gold.. a free phone every year and unlimited 100mb a second lte 10 with unlimited data roaming on every other carrier (until sprint finishes building a bigger network than every other carrier) so I can stream mines pandoras, youtube, and wifis all at the same time ... maybe sprint will finally beat verizon and att then so I will have something to brag about.

Did I miss anything?

Oh and somebody please get me a sim card. Please. I am dying over here without it.

• Like 1

I want a pony, flat screen, a car, a monkey and.....

Wait, I thought we were posting stuff we want for Christmas lol :D

First things first, Sprint.

Accelerate NV deployments

Bring back Premier Rewards

If possible, speed up testing updates for devices (especially for Nexus devices)

Stricter quality control regulations (see EVO 4G LTE)

That's all I want.

Return of the Premiere rewards (12 month upgrade, etc). I've been with them for 13+ years. I was very bummed when they suspended that program.

This right here was my favorite reason for being with Sprint. I'm a phone techie and I need my new devices on a shorter schedule than usual.

I don't want to stray too off subject but something real quick..You guys that had the premiere program I always had an issue getting on it because I had had so many numbers over the years they couldn't track me..Did any of you have trouble, what did you do to get it

My wish list.

-Bring back the yearly premiere program.

-Add TD-LTE into NV soon.

-Change name to SoftBank.

-Have ads with Otosan and Ron Livingston

-LTE SIMs

Is that too much to ask? :lol:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I don't want to appear as I'm arguing, I'm just ignorant of this. But why would LTE sims matter? They've already got them imbedded into our phones.

I don't want to stray too off subject but something real quick..You guys that had the premiere program I always had an issue getting on it because I had had so many numbers over the years they couldn't track me..Did any of you have trouble, what did you do to get it

I'm on my parents family plan, but they've been with Sprint since 1999. In 2004, my parents changed ownership names (Account used to be in my mother's name, now it's in my father's name.) due to the corporate discount at my father's job. So I called in behalf of my father when they told me Sprint had premier for 10 yr customers and I told them I've been with them since '99 and after a week of talking to CS, they finally expedited the claim and later that week I finally became a premier customer. Now it doesn't matter because they removed it, but yes, it took me a few phone calls and them tracing my name over their records.

<p>

<br />

I don't want to appear as I'm arguing, I'm just ignorant of this.  But why would LTE sims matter?  They've already got them imbedded into our phones.<br />

</p>

<p>User-accessable SIMs can make it easier to swap phones between carriers of brands. An ideal situation is buying a LTE phone that is offered by Sprint but not on Virgin or Boost. With an SPG-provided LTE SIM, one can get a bit of freedom of what phone you can use.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Also, some worldwide markets LTE bands line up with what Sprint(SoftBank) will be using. It would be nice to pick up one of those Market-specific devices and use them here.</p>

<div class="XTranslate" style="background-color: rgb(176, 94, 189); background-image: -o-linear-gradient(top, rgb(176, 94, 189) 0px, rgb(139, 17, 255) 70%); border-top-color: rgb(139, 17, 255); border-left-color: rgb(139, 17, 255); border-right-color: rgb(139, 17, 255); border-bottom-color: rgb(139, 17, 255); border-top-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-top-left-radius: 10px; border-top-right-radius: 10px; border-bottom-right-radius: 10px; border-bottom-left-radius: 10px; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: "Verdana"; font-size: 13px; box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px rgb(176, 94, 189); text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px rgb(139, 17, 255); display: none"> </div>

I don't want to appear as I'm arguing, I'm just ignorant of this. But why would LTE sims matter? They've already got them imbedded into our phones.

User-accessable SIMs can make it easier to swap phones between carriers of brands. An ideal situation is buying a LTE phone that is offered by Sprint but not on Virgin or Boost. With an SPG-provided LTE SIM, one can get a bit of freedom of what phone you can use.

Also, some worldwide markets LTE bands line up with what Sprint(SoftBank) will be using. It would be nice to pick up one of those Market-specific devices and use them here.

I'd like Sprint to reconsider shutting down every iDEN only site and instead use some that are in strategic locations to thicken coverage in markets that could greatly benefit from it. Renewing a lease on a site seems much easier than getting a new site up from scratch.

• Like 3

Premier program hands down.

Unlocked bootloader phones

They've already been going out of their way to get those. The Photon Q 4G LTE may be the only carrier subsidized Motorola phone that has an officially unlockable boot loader and I'm sure Sprint asked for it. HTC (but not sprint) doesn't want to full unlock (s-off) their bootloaders but at least they will half-unlock it where other carriers One series phones will not (AT&T). Samsungs products are all completely unlocked out of the box.

• Like 1