What do you want to see from the SoftBank investment?

Feech

-Change name to SoftBank.

-Have ads with Otosan and Ron Livingston

Enough with that damn dog. Your obsession with SoftBank borders on derangement. Are you some sort of Japanese fetishist?

AJ

• Expand genuine Sprint network into those places where Sprint used to have contracts with other carriers (notably Alltel) to provide service as if one were not roaming. (Spent supposedly already has spectrum licenses in those areas, they just have never built their network.)
  • Bring back the S|P (Sprint|Premier) classification for customers with over a decade with Sprint. Offer those customers who have stuck with Sprint through thick and thin a better deal that the n00b fresh in off the street. No, I don't know what that should be, maybe it's 12 months to a new phone, maybe it's 10% off the MRC, maybe it's free TEP, or maybe it's something else I haven't thought of yet, but long-term customers need to be treated better than someone who measures their service longevity in months...
  • Establish a decent reporting method so that customers can actually report verified network trouble to the Network side of the house, not to some CSR who only understands every third word.
  • Re-establish a small group of Sprint Insiders (or whatever one wants to call 'em), have the Insiders sign NDAs and actually share information with them and encourage input from them. Make them beta or soak testers for product, give them direct contacts within Sprint to work with, give them encouragement, information, maybe even small perks.
  • Become a more open, honest company that says what it does and does what it says.
  • Discontinue hiding major customer affecting changes on page two of an electronic bill somewhere on the internet, and actually notify customers clearly and plainly about changes - especially contract changes.
  • Allow emergency PAM use, within reason, without having a cow. (Maybe an 0.5GB or 1GB/month limit unless one buys PAM service. Something, at least, for those who need it on rare occasions.
  • Certify and allow use of Sprint international phones in North America. (This is a safety issue: In an emergency one should be able to use any service the device is capable of supporting, period. Don't tell me I can't summon aid because I have to use someone else's network.)
  • User replaceable batteries!
  • User replaceable GSM SIMS on international devices!
  • Loaner phones when a customer has to ship their device to the manufacturer for a battery change or other service. (Available AT THE CLOSEST STORE.)

• Like 2

My wish list:

1. An equivalent to VZW's LTE in Rural America program, using primarily SMR. Any rural provider that wants to participate can opt to deploy on PCS if Sprint isn't in the area, but the big push will be to cover huge swaths of territory per tower and reduce roaming fees...and offer high speed data in the middle of nowhere :D. Offering "only" 5x5 of LTE (plus a dedicated 1xA voice channel) may seem like a capacity issue at first blush, but we're talking about rural areas here, where PCS tower spacing has historically not worked. As an additional carrot to rural providers, Sprint can offer to lease PCS spectrum (more capacity + roaming revenue for CDMA) and even BRS/EBS (so the rural providers can do something like HomeFusion, except better).

Doing the above on Sprint's own dime would run them into issues. But allowing more companies to come online that work like Shentel would probably attract a few companies who aren't particularly thrilled with Verizon's device policies (basically, you can't get any decent VZW LTE phones even though you have an LTE network to run them on).

2. Buy up MetroPCS's cheap LTE phone overstocks + inventory pipeline, recertify them for PCS + G LTE, then push them to Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile (and MVNOs). If there's one thing MetroPCS was good at, it was getting cheap LTE phones. Sprint could get a few more people migrating to LTE by doing this I think.

3. Upgrade iDEN-only sites to NV where it makes sense to do so.

4. Dovetailing with (2), offer non-embedded LTE SIMs. Configure their CDMA network to "follow"a user by their SIM rather than their ESN/MEID. If I want to switch from my SIII to a cheapo phone when I go to some risky place (e.g. going on a float trip), I should be able to do so if I can get eHRPD.

5. Offer a low-capacity (250MB, LTE-only) PAM option for unlimited smartphone plans. Charge overages at a penny per MB, billed a megabyte at a time, and eliminate the current PAM plans. This would generate Sprint more money from folks who use between 5.25 and ~6.1 GB, and would probably end up getting them more revenue anyway as more people would use PAM.

6. Give Ting better wholesale data rates :P

• Like 1

I'd like to see the pace of Network Vision accelerated. I'd like to see 2.5GHz TD-LTE hit EVERY Sprint cell site as part of Network Vision. Then I'd like to see more 2.5GHz sites as fill-in in high density/traffic areas. I'd like to see Alcatel-Lucent LightRadios (or the Ericcson and Samsung equivalents) installed at every college, NBA, NFL, MLB, etc. stadium and arena. I'd like to see strategic acquisitions that enable Sprint to obtain more PCS and even cellular spectrum (why not? Band class 26 includes the cellular band). I'd like to see iDEN only areas converted to CDMA/LTE instead of being shut down. Better international roaming rates. Removable SIM for LTE phones. Probably a lot more, but that's what I can think of right now.

• Like 2

I'd like to see them roll S4GRU into the acquisition thus, giving all Contributing Authors, Premier Sponsors, and Sponsors a sizable return on their investment. Furthermore, Robert should be given significantly discounted stock options, in addition, for his continued effort to inform the loyal Sprint community about the network upgrades.

• Like 7

ESMR panels don't include Cellular, right?

No, I don't believe so.

The panels are just passive antennas. Unless they have specifically tuned passive filters built in, "800 MHz" antennas transmit/receive all frequencies around 800 MHz, though their frequency response can vary, especially as frequency increases/decreases greatly. So, not the panels but the RRUs are likely the limiting factor. Now, CDMA2000 has separate band classes for Cellular 850 MHz (band class 0) and SMR 800 MHz (band class 10). The RRUs may support both but are certainly configured for only band class 10, as there is no superset band class for CDMA2000. LTE, on the other hand, does have a superset (band 26) for both Cellular 850 MHz and SMR 800 MHz. Thus, the likelihood of the RRUs supporting LTE 850 is greater.

AJ

• Like 3

Spank...the appropriate punishment for a bad dog.

AJ

Yeah I love Candance, I recently saw her on Broadway and would love for her to do a Spank commercial, but at her age now, ummm maybe not. lol

TS

Age brings experience.

And that something the Spank brand can use :P

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Age brings experience.

And that something the Spank brand can use :P

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

With experience comes serial mom (kathleen turner?) Or maybe martha Stewart as they are both so lovably evil

I also wouldn't mind seeing SoftBank help Sprint to get some Sharp Aquos handsets and maybe something nice from Panasonic as well and make them exclusive to Sprint in the U.S.

Especially the waterproof/water-resistant ones. That trend needs to catch on worldwide. It's already on almost all phones in Japan.

• Like 3

More new towers.....not talking about rural areas, just areas that have grown rapidly in the past 10 years and Sprint hasnt expanded their coverage (think western and sunbelt cities)

More new towers to cover important highways

Improved customer service.

User-accessible sim cards on all LTE phones (like Verizon)

Global support on all LTE phones (sort of like verizon)

Improved customer service. $35 charge to fix a phone....thats in warranty? Im pretty sure that is criminal (as in, a lawsuit would change it).

I would like the HTC EVO LTE recalled and the subscribers have the option to replace it with a similar device (Galaxy Nexus, GS3, LG Viper, or any other high level LTE device). As an offshoot, I would like HTC sued for delivering a faulty product and not voluntary issuing a recall/admitting a problem.

Curious what faulty problems agree you referring to with the EVO LTE-less? As I don't have ain't issues with the phone itself. Now I have heard something along the lines that it does not have as good reception as the SGSIII, is that what ur referring to?

Sent from my EVO LTE-LESS using Tapatalk 2