Network Vision/LTE - East Michigan Market (Detroit/Flint/Ann Arbor/Tri-Cities)

ReyBanz

That problem *should* be greatly reduced now, if not eliminated. You being a Premier Sponsor, you have access to all the maps showing all the updates. A lot of updates have occurred in SE Michigan the last couple of weeks which have nearly taken all legacy equipment offline with the exception being one pocket in Jackson.

Sitting at Culver's in Fenton enjoying the newly online LTE signal. This weekend's forecast: mapping LTE from the Fenton and Linden sites. 

Emmmm...Culvers...  

:drool:

Robert

• Like 2

Yay Fenton! Hopefully that means Holly is right around the corner! Right?! PLEASE

I've been checking on my way home every afternoon this week. I know a lot of people who will be happy when LTE from north Fenton goes live which I hope is soon. Everything has generally been ready to go there for months. 

Morning,

Can I assume that since a majority of the legacy towers have been upgraded, that LTE issues plaging a tri-band devices are gone (even with the lack of 800).

I haven't seen many people with tri-band devices posting on this EAST MI thread.

Thanks

Morning,

Can I assume that since a majority of the legacy towers have been upgraded, that LTE issues plaging a tri-band devices are gone (even with the lack of 800).

I haven't seen many people with tri-band devices posting on this EAST MI thread.

Thanks

Yes, there is only like a half dozen East Michigan market sites left to be upgraded to NV 3G/CSFB.  CSFB does sometimes go offline at a site, cluster or switch.  But other than that, most Triband customers should be able to get all the LTE that a Uniband LTE device can get.  And more in places where additional bands have been deployed.

Robert

Tmobile is using power wave antennas in Lansing, not sure who Sprint is using

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Power wave went out of business a while ago. Think most new antennas are rfs, Kmw, and Andrew.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I literally checked the coverage map for the area last night for the first time in a long time and LTE was not showing for metro Detroit. I'm curious when the updates are posted.

Looks like all of Metro Detroit has been covered so let's see how many cities or "markets" will be stretched out of this launch in the press release.

I literally checked the coverage map for the area last night for the first time in a long time and LTE was not showing for metro Detroit. I'm curious when the updates are posted.

Looks like all of Metro Detroit has been covered so let's see how many cities or "markets" will be stretched out of this launch in the press release.

My guess (for markets) is Detroit Metro, Ann Arbor, Adrian, Port Huron, and Monroe...

• 2 weeks later...

Sprint released this earlier this week (http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/4glte-launchedmarkets.htm?previousArticle=11315&nextArticle=11314&gotoArt=%2Fnews-releases%2F4glte-launchedmarkets.htm), and Detroit is listed has having LTE launch!?!?  I checked with the Sprint Store closest to where I would want/need 4G (the gym); and they had not received official notification that the network was officially on, plus the demo phones there were exceeding slow on 4G (I recognize that there are some towers that are lit up in the area).

Now, I understand that Sprint is going to push LTE across on a few frequencies; so I'm wondering if its smart (in this area) to go with a Moto X or a Galaxy S4, given that the S4 has more radios.

Thanks in advance,

No real news lately on new LTE, which is disheartening because of the official launch. Still no LTE in Holly village (unless you count the tower NW of town that shoots its faint signal toward here), or in Trenton at my parents'. Will all of Sprint's sites eventually get their switch flipped?

If Detroit is officially launched this is a joke! .89mbs to 1.5mbs a second most of the time on 4g. Sometimes I HAVE HAD 8-9mbs. Occasionally I have had 12-19. And, even once when they put up the first tower in Plymouth 28mbs. Other carriers are getting 30-40.

Plus they still have a lot of holes were towers need up grade. Any one been to a well established Sprint 4g area? Is this what Chicago or Atlanta are like? Please tell me that this isn't what we have been waiting for.

If Detroit is officially launched this is a joke! .89mbs to 1.5mbs a second most of the time on 4g. Sometimes I HAVE HAD 8-9mbs. Occasionally I have had 12-19. And, even once when they put up the first tower in Plymouth 28mbs. Other carriers are getting 30-40.

Plus they still have a lot of holes were towers need up grade. Any one been to a well established Sprint 4g area? Is this what Chicago or Atlanta are like? Please tell me that this isn't what we have been waiting for.

Yep.  That's all you're getting.  You can expect that everywhere.  Or, it could still be in deployment.  Which it is.  It will get better.  But if you don't want to wait you should get another provider.  But please do not complain about it here.  Doing so violates the rules.

Robert

• Like 2

Getting upset about something that is out of your control is a bad personality trait to have. Be patient and you will be rewarded. If you don't want to, then pay the bouncer at the door and leave for another carrier that doesn't have unlimited data. Either way, your choice.