Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

• 2 weeks later...

So a friend of mine was telling me he drove between ABQ and Santa Rosa and for 90 minutes of that drive he was on 1x and therefore unable to stream pandora or any other music services. He made it sound like it did not use to be that way. Anyone know why that would be and if there was a change?

He also said he had heard of someone who has a house where Sprint had a tower near the highway whose contract with Sprint did not get renewed. Any word of any towers on i40 getting decommissioned? Thx!

So a friend of mine was telling me he drove between ABQ and Santa Rosa and for 90 minutes of that drive he was on 1x and therefore unable to stream pandora or any other music services. He made it sound like it did not use to be that way. Anyone know why that would be and if there was a change?

He also said he had heard of someone who has a house where Sprint had a tower near the highway whose contract with Sprint did not get renewed. Any word of any towers on i40 getting decommissioned? Thx!

I experienced the same thing yesterday. I have 3G back by clines corners though.

Sent from my iPhone 6 64GB using Tapatalk

I experienced the same thing yesterday. I have 3G back by clines corners though.

Anyone know why this is? Is this a temporary thing? He's thinking about switching to Vzn over this.

Anyone know why this is? Is this a temporary thing? He's thinking about switching to Vzn over this.

No idea. But if he is switching, let him switch. You are premier and can look at the schedule maps and let him know of the timeline to be expected out there.

• 2 weeks later...

All, I have updated my map in the premier area for the whole ABQ market that includes the November 1st schedule and any permit activity. Also noted is the changes Sprint has made from the 10/1 schedule. If you are not a premier sponsor, I highly encourage you to become one. It provides great insight to what the network will be doing going forward.

Edit: Just a tid bit of information, 80% of the total 307 sites in the ABQ market has some technology scheduled in the next 90 to 180 days from November 1st.

Well it is a big step forward today here in Alamogordo. They are doing the fiber integration at the tower. No information on LTE. I sure hope this helps our 3G speeds here.

Which tower location?

so what causes this? First time my phone has shown Verizon. This all along Unser from Northern to McMahon. And now Golf Course.

So you were on a Nexus 6 with a Sprint SIM card in it and it said you were connected to Verizon LTE? If so, the next time that happens, take a screen shot of the LTE Engineering screen.

It will help us determine if you were actually connected to Verizon LTE or if the phone made an error.

Well it is a big step forward today here in Alamogordo. They are doing the fiber integration at the tower. No information on LTE. I sure hope this helps our 3G speeds here.

Site ID: EP11AL150

Well, I wonder if something did not go right? Pings have not changed and data speeds are no better then before. I thought that once you went to fiber things would improve. The tech said fiber would be online that night.

Side note: When they do B41 they will be adding new antennas?

Well, I wonder if something did not go right? Pings have not changed and data speeds are no better then before. I thought that once you went to fiber things would improve. The tech said fiber would be online that night.

New equipment is required for B41.  By reading the other threads, it appears Nokia is catching up with Sprint orders.

Sometimes integration does not go right. It can take several attempts. And if they are busy, they will just leave and come back some other time. Sometimes weeks or months later at remote sites.

Also, if your 3G speeds are slow because of air link saturation and not backhaul, high speed backhaul will not help. But if the new backhaul is live, LTE integration will be coming soon. And that will be much faster and will provide relief off 3G too.

CyanogenMOD's do not support dialer codes. Therefore you cannot access those screens in CM10. You will need a Sense based ROM to use dialer codes.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

So you were on a Nexus 6 with a Sprint SIM card in it and it said you were connected to Verizon LTE? If so, the next time that happens, take a screen shot of the LTE Engineering screen.

It will help us determine if you were actually connected to Verizon LTE or if the phone made an error.

No, it's a Galaxy S4 and due to the quote above this one, I cannot access to the engineering screen.  I'm now down on Jefferson and still seeing the VZW message.  Really odd.    I won't blame the rom though, as it's been running on that for quite some time.  Only today have I gotten the oddball Verizon thing.

No, it's a Galaxy S4 and due to the quote above this one, I cannot access to the engineering screen.  I'm now down on Jefferson and still seeing the VZW message.  Really odd.    I won't blame the rom though, as it's been running on that for quite some time.  Only today have I gotten the oddball Verizon thing.

Are speeds different from before?  Could signal check help here?

Are speeds different from before?  Could signal check help here?

Speeds are the same.  I see the IP address on Oookla is 66.87.96.50, which appears to be a Sprint/Nextel IP as it should be.  Phone is just being goofy.

No, it's a Galaxy S4 and due to the quote above this one, I cannot access to the engineering screen. I'm now down on Jefferson and still seeing the VZW message. Really odd. I won't blame the rom though, as it's been running on that for quite some time. Only today have I gotten the oddball Verizon thing.

If it is a Galaxy S4, it is impossible to get any Verizon LTE bands. So it is a problem with the OS or ROM misreporting.

Using Nexus 5 on Tapatalk

Speeds are the same. I see the IP address on Oookla is 66.87.96.50, which appears to be a Sprint/Nextel IP as it should be. Phone is just being goofy.

are you using gravity box from xposed framework , I had the same problem on my htc m8 a while ago when using a GPE rom on my device

Merry Christmas to me! Finally got lte at home. Which means that either the San antonio Wyoming or the San pedro tower finally started broadcasting lte. I know the San antonio Wyoming was accepted recently. But not till today did I start seeing lte.

• Like 1

Merry Christmas to me! Finally got lte at home. Which means that either the San antonio Wyoming or the San pedro tower finally started broadcasting lte. I know the San antonio Wyoming was accepted recently. But not till today did I start seeing lte.

No it has been broadcasting for like the last twenty minutes. Just ran to Wyoming Walgreens and didn't have anything. Just read this and sure enough it is on.

I don't think there is a AWS 4 yet. Only saying that b/c they are completing the AWS 3 auction this week.

Verizon owns half of the AWS 1 with 15mhz.

There was this website that said T-Mobile is capable of deploying their wideband LTE because they own 20 MHz of aws. I was confused on that because I thought Verizon owned it

Plus I found this

post-13666-0-20468000-1419716460_thumb.jpg

There was this website that said T-Mobile is capable of deploying their wideband LTE because they own 20 MHz of aws. I was confused on that because I thought Verizon owned it

Plus I found this

This is what Tmo owns in bernalillo county per FCC spectrum dashboard. Seems to updated as the WCS spectrum now says ATT and not Sprint.

Tmobile - 20mhz of AWS and 15 mhz of PCS

AWS 1 1745 - 1755

AWS 1 1735 - 1740

AWS 1 1740 - 1745

PCS 1850 - 1865

ATT - 12 mzh of 700, 10 mhz of AWS 1, 30 mhz of PCS and 15 of WCS for a total of 67 mhz for download. 

700 704 - 710

700 710 - 716

AWS 1 1710 - 1720

PCS  30 mhz

WCS 15mhz

Verizon 35 total mhz for download

700 mhz 12 mhz

AWS 1 1720 - 1735

PCS 5mhz

800 Celluar - 10mhz

Sprint

PCS 1865 to 1885

PCS G Block 

Plus a ton of EBS/BRS. I am in the processing of aggregating all of this together. I kinda quit once I got to Sprint's 70 mhz of Band 41 spectrum.  Three CA is very possible in ABQ and will destroy Tmo's wideband LTE, Verizon's XLTE and whatever Att calls the WCS. Hopefully this all helps.