Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

With as many permits as I have found for B41 equipment, it is reasonably possible in the next 180 days. All permits I have found are on sites that have LTE going.

I don't know where you specifically live but I wish they would get with it and start lighting up Band 26. I don't know what the hold up us.  That potentially will help you.

The two sites I'm waiting on are San Pedro and paseo and Wyoming and San Antonio.

@jroepcke51 You wouldn't have come across any permits with construction to a new tower being built? Next to Walmart and the corner of I40 on the westside?

That equipment doesn't look like anything sprint is using. I seen it today. I think it's AT&T.

That equipment doesn't look like anything sprint is using. I seen it today. I think it's AT&T.

I was thinking so as they have two towers right on each side of I40, was just wondering who it belonged to since it seems like a strange setup.

Ah. I work at an indirect location and a tool we have tells us the estimated upgrade date. One tower showed "no upgrade" instead of a date. I hadn't seen that before so I just thought I'd ask

Just not scheduled yet. Which site was it?

So is B41 being added to current NV towers? The map only shows one tower here in Alamogordo, but I was getting 2.3Mb on the southwest side of town. It seems that it was coming from the Verizon tower. I think that is where Sprint has it Wimax at. Is there an IOS app for finding towers?

So is B41 being added to current NV towers? The map only shows one tower here in Alamogordo, but I was getting 2.3Mb on the southwest side of town. It seems that it was coming from the Verizon tower. I think that is where Sprint has it Wimax at. Is there an IOS app for finding towers?

As far as I know, B41 will be added to all sprint towers but first on te towers that are overburdened. I think it will be a while till band 41 starts to show up. I have found permits relate to band 41 though.

First question, were you connected to LTE?

Also there really isn't a iOS app to find towers.

Were you getting 2.3Mbps from 3G or LTE?  If it was LTE, it's remotely possible that they have converted the WiMax site to run Sprint B41 LTE.  I have confirmed in my notes that it is a Huawei site, capable of dual mode with LTE.  However, the site is T1 backhaul for Clearwire and would not provide very good throughput speeds, unless they upgraded the backhaul.

If you were connected to 3G, it could be a good sign that the backhaul has finally been upgraded for Sprint in Alamogordo and maybe you will get LTE soon.  If you get a chance to run over to the WiMax site and check to see if you get a strong LTE signal there, take a screen shot and a speed test when you have your strongest signal.

Were you getting 2.3Mbps from 3G or LTE? If it was LTE, it's remotely possible that they have converted the WiMax site to run Sprint B41 LTE. I have confirmed in my notes that it is a Huawei site, capable of dual mode with LTE. However, the site is T1 backhaul for Clearwire and would not provide very good throughput speeds, unless they upgraded the backhaul.

If you were connected to 3G, it could be a good sign that the backhaul has finally been upgraded for Sprint in Alamogordo and maybe you will get LTE soon. If you get a chance to run over to the WiMax site and check to see if you get a strong LTE signal there, take a screen shot and a speed test when you have your strongest signal.

Robert does this mean that abq could have band 41?

Robert does this mean that abq could have band 41?

Let's see what he says about LTE in Alamogordo and whether it is available on the WiMax site or the Sprint site.  But it is technically possible that the two Huawei Protection sites in ABQ could run B41.  

However, they were built with weak bonded copper in ABQ that never ran faster than 8-9Mbps per sector in the best conditions.  And making that live to Sprint Triband users would overwhelm it in a place like ABQ with the current backhaul.  But if they decided to upgrade the backhaul or use the Sprint backhaul at the sites, it's possible that it could be fired up.  I would do it if I was Sprint.   ;)

Unrelated to your current conversation, but I was headed out to the far north of Rio Rancho Saturday and took a moment to do some Sensorly mapping.  Glad to see the folks at the Sprint call center finally have LTE in their area.  Always seemed terribly ironic that they were hosed for so long.

sprintblvd.jpeg

• Like 1

Unrelated to your current conversation, but I was headed out to the far north of Rio Rancho Saturday and took a moment to do some Sensorly mapping.  Glad to see the folks at the Sprint call center finally have LTE in their area.  Always seemed terribly ironic that they were hosed for so long.

attachicon.gifsprintblvd.jpeg

the tower over there was accepted a little while ago (week or so).  I believe it was included with the most recent completed map update.

Were you getting 2.3Mbps from 3G or LTE?  If it was LTE, it's remotely possible that they have converted the WiMax site to run Sprint B41 LTE.  I have confirmed in my notes that it is a Huawei site, capable of dual mode with LTE.  However, the site is T1 backhaul for Clearwire and would not provide very good throughput speeds, unless they upgraded the backhaul.

If you were connected to 3G, it could be a good sign that the backhaul has finally been upgraded for Sprint in Alamogordo and maybe you will get LTE soon.  If you get a chance to run over to the WiMax site and check to see if you get a strong LTE signal there, take a screen shot and a speed test when you have your strongest signal.

It was 3G. I do not think it is on fiber back-haul yet since the upload speed was so low. It was durning peek time though.

It was 3G. I do not think it is on fiber back-haul yet since the upload speed was so low. It was durning peek time though.

The upload speed can be slow on fiber, because your device is the one sending the signal back to the tower. It could be slow because of that. There could be interference between your device and the tower as well. So you can't rule it out based on that alone.

It was EP03AL631. It also shows EP03AL126 with no upgrade as well.

GMO sites.  GMO's will be the very last to get upgraded.  They will not be scheduled for awhile still.  See my message for more info,  :tu: