Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

Thats not complaining thats logic. Verizon, At&t and Tmobile started with 10x10 and did it last long for them? No. Its double capacity but when capacity was low to begin with its not impressive. Its not even catching up. Once a second carrier band 25 or band 41 with small cells are deployed but until then you are about to be severely disappointed if you think even for a second that 800 is going to solve capacity issues. If it does its only a temp fix.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

By the end of the year there should be 2 B25 carriers plus Band 26 (crossing fingers on that part) and then the B41 rollout. 

• Like 4

Saw some work being done to a stealth site on Coors by I40 next to Wendy's this afternoon. 0b06884c570be8230e2a8f76f1f9c489.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I think these are the permits that I found. They added an additional antennae at Coors and I40 as well. Did the same at Osuna and Wyoming. 

I think these are the permits that I found. They added an additional antennae at Coors and I40 as well. Did the same at Osuna and Wyoming.

Looks like they are doing more then adding an antennae. Today at least they are.

• 2 weeks later...

How far is this from Albuquerque and what does this mean for El Paso since it's technically in the same market

Not technically. It is the same market - the Albuquerque Market.

ABQ already had band 26. Not all sites have it and those that don't suffer. However, high traffic areas of town Jefferson center, Louisiana Malls and UNM seem to be pretty good. Downtown is awful.

• Like 1

ABQ already had band 26. Not all sites have it and those that don't suffer. However, high traffic areas of town Jefferson center, Louisiana Malls and UNM seem to be pretty good. Downtown is awful.

Totally. I had to switch one of my lines to Verizon for work, and have learned Verizon's rough areas. Specifically ABQ Uptown on Louisiana is completely unusable for Verizon almost all times of day.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The Alamogordo B26 site is significant because it is in the Mexican IBEZ. One of the closest B26 sites to the border so far.

Sent from OnePlus 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

The Alamogordo B26 site is significant because it is in the Mexican IBEZ. One of the closest B26 sites to the border so far.

Sent from OnePlus 2 using Tapatalk

This is a good sign

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

That's a start

So I'm not sure what's happening, but my phone is often showing one bar of LTE while at my house for the past two or three weeks, it always used to show full bars or almost full bars. Anyone know if there's any work being done to the towers near me? I'm near Louisiana and San Antonio. Thx!

How is it running so far? Any speed test

Nope. I am never able to stay locked on with my 6+ or my nexus 5. Anytime my nexus picks it up it gets kicked down to 3G. So I am guessing they are not letting handsets to use it yet. As soon as I start to get a lock I will run some test. I hope this will help the b25 congestion we have.

Nope. I am never able to stay locked on with my 6+ or my nexus 5. Anytime my nexus picks it up it gets kicked down to 3G. So I am guessing they are not letting handsets to use it yet. As soon as I start to get a lock I will run some test. I hope this will help the b25 congestion we have.

It will but its a short term fix.. band 41 has to go up, but from what I hear they stop adding 2.5 antennas on existing cell sites for now

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

So I'm not sure what's happening, but my phone is often showing one bar of LTE while at my house for the past two or three weeks, it always used to show full bars or almost full bars. Anyone know if there's any work being done to the towers near me? I'm near Louisiana and San Antonio. Thx!

Wrong thread. There is a san antonio thread for lte ugrades

Wrong thread. There is a san antonio thread for lte ugrades

It's in Albuquerque, just street names.

https://vimeo.com/166286145

Here is a quick video of what I see in signal check.

I just noticed the signal strength of the LTE 800. Not sure why it would be higher.

Of course this time it did not kick back to 3G it went to b25

Maybe the number can explain more. I don't know what they all mean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://vimeo.com/166284879

Here is a quick video of what I see in signal check.

I just noticed the signal strength of the LTE 800. Not sure why it would be higher.

Maybe the number can explain more. I don't know what they all mean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's extremely low signal, try walking outdoors and do the same thing (cycle airplane mode) and see if you can lock onto LTE 800 (B26)

That's extremely low signal, try walking outdoors and do the same thing (cycle airplane mode) and see if you can lock onto LTE 800 (B26)

Yeah I tried that. Never hit on b26. Always straight to b25

Have you heard anything about sprint is holding off on adding 2.5 equipment on existing cell sites for now.