Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

It all depends when they start it. They had to wait to launch LTE plus in NYC until the judge approved the ordeal since they had to wait for WiMAX contracts to expire before launching it. It took them 2 months to cover the entire city so my guess is they'll cover all if not most of el Paso in a couple weeks since it's not rip and replace and the equipment is actually at the sites ready to go.

No that's not quite how it works Brynn. In NYC, they had been deploying equipment for well over a year, and the Clearwire equipment was already in place so that was mainly software changes. In your area, it has been way more than 2 months to get widespread Band 41 coverage. 

In El Paso, there is no existing Band 41 equipment. It still has to be added. Each site can take anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of week to upgrade. And that doesn't take into account the red tape (permits, schedules and whatnot). Unless they do an all out assault on El Paso with 10+ crews simultaneously working, it will take more than a few weeks. Several months, if that. However, as each site goes live, it will have huge impacts on the surrounding network, and it may not take 100% site conversion to produce a very usable network. 

• Like 1

No that's not quite how it works Brynn. In NYC, they had been deploying equipment for well over a year, and the Clearwire equipment was already in place so that was mainly software changes. In your area, it has been way more than 2 months to get widespread Band 41 coverage.

In El Paso, there is no existing Band 41 equipment. It still has to be added. Each site can take anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of week to upgrade. And that doesn't take into account the red tape (permits, schedules and whatnot). Unless they do an all out assault on El Paso with 10+ crews simultaneously working, it will take more than a few weeks. Several months, if that. However, as each site goes live, it will have huge impacts on the surrounding network, and it may not take 100% site conversion to produce a very usable network.

Ahh gotcha, so how long would it take to launch El Paso at full band 41 strength ?

Yup! El paso is just harder place to build out a network, why idk! Its also a lot harder to get permits approved.. i remember one tower had a bird nest on it and they couldn't touch it until the bird nest left on its own lol. Im think 6 months. Im sure they want to at least get to 70 %

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Yup! El paso is just harder place to build out a network, why idk! Its also a lot harder to get permits approved.. i remember one tower had a bird nest on it and they couldn't touch it until the bird nest left on its own lol. Im think 6 months. Im sure they want to at least get to 70 %

This timeline is not just specific to El Paso but every city/market where no band 41 exists. It will take this long in Abq, Santa Fe and Farmington. It is just the way it goes.

• Like 1

This timeline is not just specific to El Paso but every city/market where no band 41 exists. It will take this long in Abq, Santa Fe and Farmington. It is just the way it goes.

Have you seen any more permits for Albuquerque?

sprint steady declining.. t mobile did as well.. verizon is the biggest improvement

Verizon is probably using small cells. They could be using CA too. I have yet to confirm anyone using CA on Verizon anywhere in the U.S. I dont know if they are using it yet but the way there speeds are increasing I would say they might be.

• Like 1

Verizon is probably using small cells. They could be using CA too. I have yet to confirm anyone using CA on Verizon anywhere in the U.S. I dont know if they are using it yet but the way there speeds are increasing I would say they might be.

Yeah the only two that improved were AT&T and Verizon. T-Mobile decreased and Sprint decreased. Looking at permits Verizon is adding a lot of new towers I don't know if those could be small cells. Sprint is adding new Towers but not adding any b41 or b26. T-Mobile's Trend here on quarterly basis is increase decrease increase decrease I wonder why

• Like 1

Is there anywhere to confirm what sprint's network vision completition percentage is for el paso?

No. EP is included in the market. I have a map but it is outdated if they have completed towers in the last six months.

Nice! They have done a few.. are they at least above 80%.

My last update was about beginning of November 16, 2015 as that was the most recent update to the NVSites Completed Maps in the sponsor section.  EP was at 87% of sites had the 3G updates and 82% had LTE accepted.

• Like 1

Median speed is 0.6mbps for El Paso? That is completely unacceptable!!! And I thought North Florida has it bad. At least some areas have 5+mbps. :o

West side of U.S. in general has it worse than the east of the U.S.
  • Like 1

More geographically challenging as 1.9 and 2.5 don't travel well. Nothing will change until 800mhz rebanding is complete

800 will not solve all of the problems on the west coast it will be a temp bandaid fix at best for capacity. For coverage it will be a really big help though.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

800 will not solve all of the problems on the west coast it will be a temp bandaid fix at best for capacity. For coverage it will be a really big help though.

That's what I meant for coverage. I'm in SoCal now and coverage decent. 800 plus small cells is the icing on the cake

• Like 1

Band 26 helped greatly for Albuquerque. Hard part is EP is only one band 25 5x5
  • Like 1

Stop complaining. That's a double in capacity and a hell of a lot better than not having it.

Thats not complaining thats logic. Verizon, At&t and Tmobile started with 10x10 and did it last long for them? No. Its double capacity but when capacity was low to begin with its not impressive. Its not even catching up. Once a second carrier band 25 or band 41 with small cells are deployed but until then you are about to be severely disappointed if you think even for a second that 800 is going to solve capacity issues. If it does its only a temp fix.

• Like 1