Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

I see the denham site is on Sprint's site already. Had a chance to check the Baker site and BR site that Sprint thinks are online and working. LTE is still dead. I am sure Gonzales is still dead as well as with Addis and Port Allen. I really wish we knew why these have gone through the entire process showing as LTE active but they are not. Not talking about just simply RRU up sites so don't confuse that with these. I believe we will have to wait until launch when we can open the tickets on these and have the configuration corrected on them.

Maybe some lurking Ericsson or Sprint tech will read this and fix them! :)

Sent from my little Note2

I see the denham site is on Sprint's site already. Had a chance to check the Baker site and BR site that Sprint thinks are online and working. LTE is still dead. I am sure Gonzales is still dead as well as with Addis and Port Allen. I really wish we knew why these have gone through the entire process showing as LTE active but they are not. Not talking about just simply RRU up sites so don't confuse that with these. I believe we will have to wait until launch when we can open the tickets on these and have the configuration corrected on them.

Maybe some lurking Ericsson or Sprint tech will read this and fix them! :)

Sent from my little Note2

You would think a network admin or someone of that nature would see something amiss if the switches etc are supposed to be passing data and there is nothing.

You would think a network admin or someone of that nature would see something amiss if the switches etc are supposed to be passing data and there is nothing.

I bet those guys are just swamped with so many site integration calls/processes during the day they don't have time to look at anything in the past. We just happened to be in a batch where some contractor skipped a step and there is no one to notice and no way to open a ticket right now.

There was a site in Hesston, Kansas where it showed accepted, they launched the market, it showed on coverage maps but never broadcasted. One of our members had to call and open tickets post launch and it still took a month to finally get going.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

There was a site in Hesston, Kansas where it showed accepted, they launched the market, it showed on coverage maps but never broadcasted. One of our members had to call and open tickets post launch and it still took a month to finally get going.

So what you're saying is... August for LTE in those locations? ;)

While stopped at the light. It's an LTE miracle!

I was getting it clearly by the Superdome, 10 stories up. When I got to ground level, though, it was not picked up until I got to Poydras and Magazine. Then it was spotty all the way down Magazine, likely due to the trees.

Well April 1 i can get an lte device, hopefully we get a lot more up by than. Saturday was a bummer, stepped out my vehicle and dropped my evo 3d glass cracked all over. so i have to hang on lol

Love the profile pic. I'm a huge Top Chef fan and consider myself a foodie. I'm also a Prime contributor to Urbanspoon. :tu:

• Like 1

FYI, nothing in Gonzales by I-10 as of last night.

Wow...coming up on 2 months accepted with still no LTE. These 5 sites sitting accepted with no LTE grows troubling more and more everyday.

Wow...coming up on 2 months accepted with still no LTE. These 5 sites sitting accepted with no LTE grows troubling more and more everyday.

I wish there was a way we could verify if 1x or EVDO was coming from the NV side. I'm also starting to wonder if there is a connection to all of these sites, as in the same backhaul provider?

Well April 1 i can get an lte device, hopefully we get a lot more up by than. Saturday was a bummer, stepped out my vehicle and dropped my evo 3d glass cracked all over. so i have to hang on lol

Let us know when you are ready to pick one.. I recommend the Galaxy S3 or NoteII ;)

• Like 1

I wish there was a way we could verify if 1x or EVDO was coming from the NV side. I'm also starting to wonder if there is a connection to all of these sites, as in the same backhaul provider?

I think someone verified the EV wasn't with 1000ms ping times and 80 kilobit. Not a definitive test of course.

The Gonzales area is not an AT&T area like the other sites are in. Eatel services that area with their fiber to the home service they started many years ago. I would suspect backhaul is not an issue, especially at NL03ME019 (north of the Hwy 30 Gonzales site) since it is on the tower connected directly to the Eatel Fiber headend. Cox Communications would also be the other backhaul provider in this area. There could be some other companies that I have never heard of though. If I remember right, Eatel had a very close relation with Gulf Coast wireless (ex-Sprint affiliate in this area), not sure if that has a negative impact though due to distaste between the two companies.

Hey, the LG Optimus G might even have Jelly Bean by April!

Not a bad phone at all from what I hear. I played with one in the store. I don't have anything negative to say about it, so no new is good news. The only remotely negative I had was the lack of a microsd slot. The screen was very nice looking but once I had the NoteII and it side by side the NoteII was just downright awesome. EVO LTE and GNex are two big negatives in my book...along with the Viper as well. iOS wasn't even an option for me with their ecosystem limitations and screen sizes.

I've only had my LG Optimus G since last week, but it's been very solid so far. Wonderful device. My wife is already asking to switch her EVO LTE out for it when I'm done playing with it. I actually prefer the Optimus G display over the Note 2. It's just smaller. ;)

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Word on the internets is that Sprint is now slowly pushing the 4.1 update to the OGs. We'll see, I've been waiting for it since it was due for release in Q4 2012. I'm still contemplating rooting it and putting a 4.2 rom on it. Other than that, it's a crazy fast phone with a great screen, and the battery is surprisingly robust.

I contemplated a last minute audible to the Note 2, but the practicality of the large size ended up scaring me away.

I've been ready for a new device.... its just so difficult to decide.... i have some friends saying Galaxy s4 others note 2 and my gut has been partial to the new HTC ONE. Plus another friend sent me a verizon 4g speed test screen shot... i got very very very jealous. But i know sprint will get it going. Anyone have any phone recomendations?

. If I remember right, Eatel had a very close relation with Gulf Coast wireless (ex-Sprint affiliate in this area), not sure if that has a negative impact though due to distaste between the two companies.

Eatel used to be THE Sprint affiliate in the Gonzo/BTR market. I worked retail sales for them back when I was in college, and Sprint had zero say in the day-to-day of the business. It wasn't until shortly after I left that Sprint took over (at least the branding). Back then, we actually sold dual band PCS/Analog phones. Crazy.

Withhold the size jokes please ;) I endured the Epic4G for about 2 years. I thought its RF was bad until got into the EVO LTE. Nice phone, nice display, but HTC just got it wrong in the reception dept on that device. Samsung nailed the RF dept on the Note2 and S3 perfectly. The HTC EVO LTE debacle has definitely changed my ways on phone selection, I wait for others to compare the device to others first instead of jumping on a decision have to keep for a while. The Note2 size took me bit to get used to, couple of hours maybe. But I just fell in love with the screen size. If you have small hands I can see the size not working out for you. For instance my wife has the S3 and it fits her hand perfectly, the Note2 she has to use two hands to operate the device. I use the device one handed all the time as I can hold it in my hand and can reach the entire screen with my thumb even with it in an otterbox defender case. Now when I pick up the S3 it just feels like a toy with the smaller screen. Even worse was picking up the Epic the other day with its 4 inch screen.

Regardless...go into the store, don't jump to the first conclusion, take your time and try out all the devices. The OS will be very similar of course since it is Android. See which one fits your needs. If I had to go pick up a new phone for a new line of service for someone I wouldn't let them pick from anything other than the Note2, S3, or Optimus G at this point in time. Not being selfish or any hate towards another device, but I'm their IT "person" and don't want to them venting about issues the other devices have.

• Like 1

Eatel used to be THE Sprint affiliate in the Gonzo/BTR market. I worked retail sales for them back when I was in college, and Sprint had zero say in the day-to-day of the business. It wasn't until shortly after I left that Sprint took over (at least the branding). Back then, we actually sold dual band PCS/Analog phones. Crazy.

It was definitely GCW as the affiliate but maybe that was just company under the Eatel name.