Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

I just picked up cell ID 158 over here by carol sue and whitney.

I'd go searching for it but I'm leaving out the door heading to Vicksburg.

I have no proof for this theory,but looking at sensorly,id be willing to bet that is the tower on Lapalco between Manhattan and the Harvey Bridge. Ill try to swing by there after work.

Not sure if you understand. That signal is not strong. Refer back to my post from earlier.

If you are serious about LTE hunting, familiarize yourself with the sites in your area from the map. Reference them against the spreadsheet to determine if someone else has already done the work. If not drive to the site. You should get a very strong signal. Go to another side of the site. Verify the serving cell changes. Also make sure you are mapping in Sensorly.

Very simple to do and only takes a few minutes and can be done all by yourself too if necessary. You just have to stop and park though. I usually look at Google maps before going to a site I don't know to find a spot to park before I even get there.

Sent from my little Note2

I may not can be much help for the Slidell area ...we're only here for another day, and I'm not doing the traveling that I originally thought I'd do -- I had two kids suddenly come down with a stomach bug, and one nearly gave us a dinner-reversal in the van while driving before I could get pulled over for him to get outside and do it...

So with sick kids and weather doing what it is here (not sure if you are getting the storms up that way or not)...Slidell is getting DOUSED big-time with rain since we came into town on Thurs night. It's rained so hard on me at times I thought I'd have to pull over.

But when Sylacauga starts lighting up their towers with 4g, which could be (________) <--insert random future date......

I'll be there snapping photos...because I know the tower locations for all 3 in Sylacauga area and can get somewhere nearby each one of them to do the photos and phone stuff. Maybe I should've just known that something would keep us from doing what we planned while we visited Slidell and not said much about helping to LTE map ...

some of you know how it is when it comes to kids being sick while on vacation, or a family trip...it just takes priority over your plans rather quickly and puts a damper on much going....

I can tell you this, on the drive down here, from I-59 back up through Mississippi to where I-20 and I-59 meet and run together into Alabama...and back into my home state....there's NOTHING. I didn't look for ehrpd, but I know there wasn't any 4G, because I checked about every 6-8 minutes while on the interstate by flipping airplane mode...and never picked up anything, not even a little bit. So mississippi is still playing the waiting game on getting theirs I guess...

I have no proof for this theory,but looking at sensorly,id be willing to bet that is the tower on Lapalco between Manhattan and the Harvey Bridge. Ill try to swing by there after work.

I haven't even noticed that on sensorly this morning. Regardless, thats good because it gives me a stronger signal than the Belle Chasse tower lol

I may not can be much help for the Slidell area ...we're only here for another day, and I'm not doing the traveling that I originally thought I'd do -- I had two kids suddenly come down with a stomach bug, and one nearly gave us a dinner-reversal in the van while driving before I could get pulled over for him to get outside and do it...

So with sick kids and weather doing what it is here (not sure if you are getting the storms up that way or not)...Slidell is getting DOUSED big-time with rain since we came into town on Thurs night. It's rained so hard on me at times I thought I'd have to pull over.

But when Sylacauga starts lighting up their towers with 4g, which could be (________) <--insert random future date......

I'll be there snapping photos...because I know the tower locations for all 3 in Sylacauga area and can get somewhere nearby each one of them to do the photos and phone stuff. Maybe I should've just known that something would keep us from doing what we planned while we visited Slidell and not said much about helping to LTE map ...

some of you know how it is when it comes to kids being sick while on vacation, or a family trip...it just takes priority over your plans rather quickly and puts a damper on much going....

I can tell you this, on the drive down here, from I-59 back up through Mississippi to where I-20 and I-59 meet and run together into Alabama...and back into my home state....there's NOTHING. I didn't look for ehrpd, but I know there wasn't any 4G, because I checked about every 6-8 minutes while on the interstate by flipping airplane mode...and never picked up anything, not even a little bit. So mississippi is still playing the waiting game on getting theirs I guess...

Hey no sweat. Completely understand. Having 2 kids of my own I know exactly what you mean. Don't worry about it and try and take care of those kiddos. Hope they feel better soon.

Hey no sweat. Completely understand. Having 2 kids of my own I know exactly what you mean. Don't worry about it and try and take care of those kiddos. Hope they feel better soon.

Thanks!! I just hate they are feeling puny, being the first time they've seen their grandfather in 2 years...and my baby has never met her great grandmother...with kids being sick, I doubt we'll make it to the nursing home this trip because i don't want to take a virus in to that place -- IF that is what they have. We've decided that if my son gets any worse, we are going to the Urgent Care down on Gauze because he's to the point of dehydrating ...even the meds we got him for nausea just will NOT stay down. Poor kid feels so bad.

But it also appears that one of the sites I'm hitting, as Digi said, was spotted over a month back...so my travels aren't taking me to new places where 4G hasn't been seen yet...

I meant to upload this one instead of that -106 that I posted, this is pretty strong signal on LTE isn't it?

uploadfromtaptalk1361657909019.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

131 is a site we don't have, but this screen shot is useless for a site confirmation. You were pretty close to it. Tell the wife you are going for a ride for an hour to unwind. Where's the dedication to your hobby? ;)

131 is a site we don't have, but this screen shot is useless for a site confirmation. You were pretty close to it. Tell the wife you are going for a ride for an hour to unwind. Where's the dedication to your hobby? ;)

Yeah, I was just posting this to make sure I was doing it right, but since the youngest son started doing dinner reversals ...

I wanted to really help out but it only takes a couple times of seeing my kid throw-up before my stomach gets weak and I want to join in with the "upheavals" -- if you get my drift. I'm not sick but I was forced to watch him do it, then had to clean up...so I feel my dinner sitting right up there on the edge.

I'm going in the morning before anyone wakes up...not likely to get actual camera photos of the site, but I'll do my best to find it via LTE ENG screen ...then go back when sun rises to just snap a pic or two of the tower+cabinets. I called myself looking and I cant guess at where the tower could be from the map...I'm going to look a bit harder now that I know which way to go to get stronger/better LTE.

Yeah, I was just posting this to make sure I was doing it right, but since the youngest son started doing dinner reversals ...

I wanted to really help out but it only takes a couple times of seeing my kid throw-up before my stomach gets weak and I want to join in with the "upheavals" -- if you get my drift. I'm not sick but I was forced to watch him do it, then had to clean up...so I feel my dinner sitting right up there on the edge.

I'm going in the morning before anyone wakes up...not likely to get actual camera photos of the site, but I'll do my best to find it via LTE ENG screen ...then go back when sun rises to just snap a pic or two of the tower+cabinets. I called myself looking and I cant guess at where the tower could be from the map...I'm going to look a bit harder now that I know which way to go to get stronger/better LTE.

The sites are easy to find on the sponsor map especially when in satellite view mode. Find them before you go. I'm going to post an update in the sponsor thread of things in the market.

• Like 1

I haven't even noticed that on sensorly this morning. Regardless, thats good because it gives me a stronger signal than the Belle Chasse tower lol

Either that or you guys have a Nexus plotting on Sensorly again marking all the signal as strong. Wish Sensorly would ban that phone from mapping.

Either that or you guys have a Nexus plotting on Sensorly again marking all the signal as strong. Wish Sensorly would ban that phone from mapping.

Could be possible it's legit with the new ID I was getting a signal from this morning. If ktulu909 don't get to it, I'll drive to that area tomorrow evening when I get back home.

Wish I had the issue of several mystery serving cells... you guys make me jealous that they are lighting up your sites unblocked! ;) My Ericsson guy didn't get that memo.

Good luck on that... I'd be willing to wait even longer on them working on the tower on Fairfield so they can get you going up there ^_^

Wish Sensorly would ban that phone from mapping.

I know Samsung can make their specific apps show up for only their products in the market, like when I had an HTC, I could not even find Kies, but I can now find it on my GS3. Can't the creater make it where the nexus can't download the app? :ninja: