Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

Hmmm... I could come up with terms all day about New Orleans but that's just not my thing to do, especially on the internet.

Now one part that is different between our sites and your site is ours has been signed off on an even put up on Sprint.com's upgrade map. Those are the true "red sticked" sites. Fired up and ready to go on the date but momma says no! ;)

The term kinda stuck with me when I did the maps of the areas in the sponsor thread showing the sites in the different colors for RRU up, active - confirmed, active - not confirmed, accepted - confirmed NOT active. I had the not active sites with the red 50% transparent circles. I saw all the red in Baton Rouge and thought it was rather fitting for the name of the city. The irony right? So since "Gonzales'd" didn't sound right (for it's wonderful stuck site), "Red Stick'd" it was!

Have to have some fun right? So there's your digi-term of the day. "red sticked", when your site is 4G completed/accepted and sits to rot.

• Like 1

Cross post of things in BR in the past week. 3 sites...4th posted in the sponsor area.

Overcast weather sucks for taking pictures, but these were worth it.

Blackwater/LA64 Site (Zachary/Central)

NL03ME069_WORK1.JPG

And North Scotlandville site on LA61

NL03ME031_RRU1.JPG

NL03ME031_BASE1.JPG

NL03ME069_RRU1.JPG

And one of my favorites of the bunch.

2 Sectors mounted. This is a split height site with 2 sectors at the top and one below.

You can read the LEFT and RIGHT and on the bottom of the panel in the last pic from 150+ up. ;)

NL03ME016_UP1.JPG

NL03ME016_UP2.JPG

NL03ME016_TOPRACK2.JPG

NL03ME016_TOPRACK1.JPG

NL03ME016_GAMMA1.JPG

NL03ME016_GAMMA_BOTTOM2.JPG

• Like 1

Yeah, I see that from the map now. Wonder why the trucks were in this area yesterday then?

Anything new with the dead data ticket on the downtown BR site? I never received a response except for the automated email system one. I emailed them again this morning since data was dead once again... took me like 6 or 7 reboots to get off the dreaded channel 100 gimmick.

Anything new with the dead data ticket on the downtown BR site? I never received a response except for the automated email system one. I emailed them again this morning since data was dead once again... took me like 6 or 7 reboots to get off the dreaded channel 100 gimmick.

Just a phone call from one of the guys in OKC. He said the engineers are aware of the capacity issues and will continue to try and add capacity to the downtown site and neighboring sites. He said channel 100 was at 136% capacity at the time I was talking to him. But then he also mentioned channel 25, which we know is a voice/1xrtt channel. So who knows. Do you happen to know how many total EVDO carriers can be added in our market? I believe the busiest sites here have 3 voice and 3 EVDO carriers.

Also looks like we have some legitimate new light Purple on Napoleon around Camp st Uptown. I will try and investigate later.

Well folks we have another one active in downtown N.O.... Sector 65 on Poydras, and up in my building. Where oh where...

What part of Poydras are you on and what is your signal strength?

Just a phone call from one of the guys in OKC. He said the engineers are aware of the capacity issues and will continue to try and add capacity to the downtown site and neighboring sites. He said channel 100 was at 136% capacity at the time I was talking to him. But then he also mentioned channel 25, which we know is a voice/1xrtt channel. So who knows. Do you happen to know how many total EVDO carriers can be added in our market? I believe the busiest sites here have 3 voice and 3 EVDO carriers.

Well just like the LSU Stadium area and a couple other areas they are stuck. They sold off that 5mhz chunk of BTA32 to AT&T a couple of years ago and it is biting them in the butt. But I really don't blame them much since there aren't many customers here and lots of the spectrum was wasted. The only solution is to add another site. Their are several locations they could use as this site covers quite a few high population events/areas. But adding a site is in a dream world and the closer fix is to off load the devices they can to LTE. The downtown site is maxed out with voice on 25, 50, 125 and 150. EVDO is on 75, 100, and 175. There are no other carriers to use. I can tell you I will stay on them as their decision to sell spectrum and/or not have enough sites for downtown BR is not my problem. They pay network engineers the big bucks to fix those issues. Those long spaced sites combined with data usage rising everyday combined with spectrum limitations is rearing its ugly head more and more.