Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

Interesting cell identity number.. Where was this?

Sent from my little Note2

Looks like the same tower I hit from the west bank at Manhattan and west bank expressway intersection. I posted the id from gnex and evo. I picked up 300 from that intersection. It went live today because the signal was not there yesterday

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Downtown, Carondelete and Julia

Looks like the same tower I hit from the west bank at Manhattan and west bank expressway intersection. I posted the id from gnex and evo. I picked up 300 from that intersection. It went live today because the signal was not there yesterday

Good lord, that's a good distance apart. Last time I was at Manhattan and Expressway I was picking up a weak signal to the tower on Lapalco behind Discount Zone.

Good lord, that's a good distance apart. Last time I was at Manhattan and Expressway I was picking up a weak signal to the tower on Lapalco behind Discount Zone.

It varied between -100 and -118 on the evo but would hold as long as I was outside. When I was leaving and got on the elevated expressway signal hit in the 80s-90s. Signal was at its strongest on the elevated expressway right around the barataria exit. I wanted to try to pinpoint the tower, but haven't had the chance to get to a PC today.

Where is the site?

Haven't had a chance to look at the maps but with the ids that we picked up with the locations should help pinpoint it

hmmm.. what you think digi... maybe one of the two on Tchoupitoulas?

What doesn't make sense is the hex is 5A11Bxx. This screenshot was on the north sector. Our area uses 5A0xxx and the Waggaman site just happens to match this ID with 5A01B1xx pattern guesstimate. Hmmm...

Nevermind.. I did find some with the 5A1xxx pattern.

Let me look at this on the map as I do not know the area like you guys... Yet.

What doesn't make sense is the hex is 5A11Bxx. This screenshot was on the north sector. Our area uses 5A0xxx and the Waggaman site just happens to match this ID with 5A01B1xx pattern guesstimate. Hmmm...

Nevermind.. I did find some with the 5A1xxx pattern.

Let me look at this on the map as I do not know the area like you guys... Yet.

For my mind to understand, when you say north sector, you're saying the tower would be south of where he was?

For my mind to understand, when you say north sector, you're saying the tower would be south of where he was?

Correct. As in looking down at the site on a map. The northern sector is the first one, alpha, then going clockwise, beta, faces east to southeast, then the gamma sector faces southwest to west. The serving cells are numbered from lowest to highest in this same fashion. The azimuth of each sector and beam widths are of course unique to each site.

Some sites could also be 2 sector designs in very rural areas and other situations.

Once you master this technique, you can track one down easily with the debug screen. I confirmed several sites using this method on my road trip today with very little detours.

Correct. As in looking down at the site on a map. The northern sector is the first one, alpha, then going clockwise, beta, faces east to southeast, then the gamma sector faces southwest to west. The serving cells are numbered from lowest to highest in this same fashion. The azimuth of each sector and beam widths are of course unique to each site.

Some sites could also be 2 sector designs in very rural areas and other situations.

Once you master this technique, you can track one down easily with the debug screen. I confirmed several sites using this method on my road trip today with very little detours.

Jose_Raul picked up 131 on Carondelete and Julia.

Compneo picked up 300 at the strongest he could get on Expressway and Barataria.

Going in the clockwise direction and adding 169, wouldn't that mean the tower was more north of where compneo was located?

Jose_Raul picked up 131 on Carondelete and Julia.

Compneo picked up 300 at the strongest he could get on Expressway and Barataria.

Going in the clockwise direction and adding 169, wouldn't that mean the tower was more north of where compneo was located?

Yes.. Maybe a Tchoup site?

Based on Roberts latest post, I would check Tchoup @ Soraparu St.

That would have to be the one. It's funny how one person can be in an area and that signal not be there, but someone else passes through and there it is lol

I will make a pass by that one.

I passed by both the Tchoup at Orange and Tchoup at Sorapuru and neither were active. I was connected to 4G by the Tchoup at Orange tower but the signal was too weak at around -108dBm.

Edit: I passed by yesterday so either could be on today.

I passed by both the Tchoup at Orange and Tchoup at Sorapuru and neither were active. I was connected to 4G by the Tchoup at Orange tower but the signal was too weak at around -108dBm.

Edit: I passed by yesterday so either could be on today.

I just came from Tchoup and Sorapuru and it is on. I got screenshots I'm about to post

• Like 2

I just came from Tchoup and Sorapuru and it is on. I got screenshots I'm about to post

Nice! It is just like you said, not on for one person but on for another. I sat near that Tower yesterday and cycled airplane mode 4 times.

Nice! It is just like you said, not on for one person but on for another. I sat near that Tower yesterday and cycled airplane mode 4 times.

What's kind of weird Is I had no problem connecting to it, but once I drove to far away, I lost the connection to it but connected to the tower on Dufossat. Once I made my way back to the tower again, it didn't reconnect till I got to the on ramp to the GNO.

But for Jose_Raul to have a connection at carondelet and Julia, and compneo and I had had a connection on Manhattan blvd, then I guess its just hard to connect when being so close?? :lol:

• Like 1

This only confirms my theory that Sprint monitors this forum and likes to screw with us. :)

We have more Sprint IP address visitations than any other, by far. 10 fold. ;)

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

• Like 5

We have more Sprint IP address visitations than any other, by far. 10 fold. ;)

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

Well when Sprint wants to know what the status of their rollout is, they know where to go to get answers!

• Like 5