Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

Word on the internets is that Sprint is now slowly pushing the 4.1 update to the OGs. We'll see, I've been waiting for it since it was due for release in Q4 2012. I'm still contemplating rooting it and putting a 4.2 rom on it. Other than that, it's a crazy fast phone with a great screen, and the battery is surprisingly robust.

I've been running the 4.1.2 update since Friday. No hiccups so far and battery life is noticeably better. =)

edit: i didn't get an OTA, i manually updated it

Edited by twoslo

I've been running the 4.1.2 update since Friday. No hiccups so far and battery life is noticeably better. =)

edit: i didn't get an OTA, i manually updated it

Does it require anything other than downloading the file and putting it into the proper directory? I'm presently stock OG.

Does it require anything other than downloading the file and putting it into the proper directory? I'm presently stock OG.

its pretty simple if you're stock. My phone was stock also.

I assume you are on the latest software...ZV9?

Root ZV9. Download ZVB file and change the name to update.zip and put it in the root... /cache folder. Boot into stock recovery and flash the update.zip. Reboot and Voila! You will be on stock un-rooted JB. Feel free to PM me if you need more help. It's very quick and easy. It took me about 10 minutes.

Edited by twoslo
  • Like 1

Has anybody checked out signal 2 on ios (jail broken) if so is there any useful info to be obtained?

I guess if you find it hard to get to the debug screen then it would useful. From the screen shots I saw it doesn't show the cell identity code either so debug screen would be needed anyways.

All those mapping apps have useless in our market from my experience. Sponsors already know the site locations. Plus we have our spreadsheet of where the LTE sites are at. I will eventually do a map for us with the serving cell codes and such. The motivation is low right now since 2 sites next door to each other in BR are easy to keep up with. The denham site is adjacent but I don't consider it next door.

Sent from my little Note2

I guess if you find it hard to get to the debug screen then it would useful. From the screen shots I saw it doesn't show the cell identity code either so debug screen would be needed anyways.

All those mapping apps have useless in our market from my experience. Sponsors already know the site locations. Plus we have our spreadsheet of where the LTE sites are at. I will eventually do a map for us with the serving cell codes and such. The motivation is low right now since 2 sites next door to each other in BR are easy to keep up with. The denham site is adjacent but I don't consider it next door.

Kinda useless but it is still fun to drop some purple on the map sometimes.

I wasn't grouping Sensorly in that category. Sensorly is by far one of my favorite apps.

Ooohhhhh. Signal 2 is an iPhone app. I got it now I think. Sorry a little slow on the uptake there.

Sensorly shows a lot of 4g on Engineers road in Belle Chasse... i wish i had the device to do a speed test. Anyone in that area ?

I work right next to the fire station on Wall right by Harvey blvd.

My phone actually bounces between the Lapalco and the Berhman tower, depending where at on the property I'm located. I check the engineering screen daily just to see if I pick up anything else new ;)

Did we decide that lee Nicholson site sprint was the middle with no wrack tied to the pole?

I think so.. Will have to go back and look at my photos.

Has something changed with one of the other racks?

I think so.. Will have to go back and look at my photos.

Has something changed with one of the other racks?

I'm not 100 percent sure ill have to go back tomorrow but the top rack looks different but I could be wrong

Did we decide that lee Nicholson site sprint was the middle with no wrack tied to the pole?

Are you ever around the Jefferson/Old Hammond Town Center site? Curious to know if the backhaul in the orange conduits was hooked up yet. I still don't understand how they can sign off on the site without backhaul or the site actually working. My only guess is everything was done except for backhaul and it was tested using another method. So they signed off on it to pay the crew. Then come back to it later once it is hooked up.

Are you ever around the Jefferson/Old Hammond Town Center site? Curious to know if the backhaul in the orange conduits was hooked up yet. I still don't understand how they can sign off on the site without backhaul or the site actually working. My only guess is everything was done except for backhaul and it was tested using another method. So they signed off on it to pay the crew. Then come back to it later once it is hooked up.

Ya I don't live far at all, I can take some pics of the site

Ya I don't live far at all, I can take some pics of the site

I already have plenty of pics of the site itself. I don't think you can see the cabinets with that very busy tower either. But the picture I'm specifically looking for is the service pole right by the street as you pull into that parking lot (for sale restaurant). Look at this link at the last pic. Curious if the orange conduit still looks like this?

http://s4gru.com/ind...post__p__109148

NL03ME054_SERVICEPOLE2.JPG

I already have plenty of pics of the site itself. I don't think you can see the cabinets with that very busy tower either. But the picture I'm specifically looking for is the service pole right by the street as you pull into that parking lot (for sale restaurant). Look at this link at the last pic. Curious if the orange conduit still looks like this?

Ill get it taken care of hopefully tomorrow

I'm not 100 percent sure ill have to go back tomorrow but the top rack looks different but I could be wrong

AT&T is at the top on that site. Here are the pictures from December 2012 for reference. I'm curious as to where they are going to mount the RRUs. I think they will have to install a rack or convince AT&T to let them put their RRUs on their rack and run the wires down to the panels. Either way let us know if any of the racks have changed.

NL03ME058_RACK3.JPG

NL03ME058_RACK2.JPG

NL03ME058_RACK1.JPG

I was by that site on Saturday and, yup, it looks just like that. Still not hooked up. In fact it looks just like this one on Sotile off of Highland behind Ruffino's: ( though this one doesn't have the other equipment either)2013-03-02%2009.44.08.jpg

In fact it also looks like the the Embassy Suites site on Constitution (I-10 frontage road). Empty orange conduit sticking up next to tthe little green telephone "pylon" next to the telephone pole in front of the Sprint site. I didn't bother to take a picture of that one.

Think you have confirmed my thoughts. Signed off/accepted due to everything but backhaul and that's not the vendor's fault that did the actual physical work. Looks like AT&T will be the ones in this area since it is ran to their pedestals. Damn you AT&T...now they are sitting on their hands of course. Explains why the downtown site got a capacity upgrade in the middle of the NV rollout as well. Going to be a while for backhaul.

I can see it now... adding a column to the spreadsheet on the BR sites saying Yes or No on empty orange conduit on-site ;)