Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

I know I have probably missed this discussion somewhere else in this thread but why is it bad to plot with the galaxy nexus?

Many Custom ROM's on the GNex will report a strong LTE signal to Sensorly. Even when it is weak. We call it "pollution."

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Many Custom ROM's on the GNex will report a strong LTE signal to Sensorly. Even when it is weak. We call it "pollution."

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Okay well I picked up a galaxy nexus and it's stock I am going mapping later today and wanted to make sure I'm not polluting. Am I okay to map on stock?

Another member in New Orleans found even though on stock comparing Sensorly's detail screen to the LTE engineering it would show he barely had a signal in the LTE engineering screen but Sensorly was saying he had an excellent signal. He has refrained from mapping with the GNex.

Okay well I picked up a galaxy nexus and it's stock I am going mapping later today and wanted to make sure I'm not polluting. Am I okay to map on stock?

Welcome to the Android world! ;) Give it a shot I guess, there's still only two sites active in the area. From what I've heard the CDMA side of that phone is horrible due to the VIA chipset. That would make it worse than the EVO LTE RF performance on coverage. Definitely not a phone I would be using in this market by any means at all. I hope you got it for close to nothing and don't plan on using it full time. On the flip side, two very solid performers in the RF dept, Sensorly mapping, etc are the Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note2.

I went by the supposed to be active one at Town Center (Old Hammond/Jefferson) today. Power is hooked up to the RRUs now and everything looks good. Backhaul is still not hooked up at the service pole. So this is why the site sits inactive. I suspect the same at the other sites around the Baton Rouge that are ready to fire up do not have backhaul yet. AT&T is doing their thing of dragging their feet I see. I know they aren't using Cox as I know some of their standards in fiber installation time.

Pics will be in the sponsor thread of another site with RRUs in the air as well ;)

Going to go by and get the sectors for the lapalco site tonight when I take the kids back to their moms. I was on an akop Rom yesterday, so that's why I didn't grab the sectors. It lasted pretty well, all the way to Ames.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry it was getting dark outside... This is the bluebonnet Perkins tower that is listed as in progress..... Not sure which is the sprint but wanted to help with the spreadsheet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361750216.357024.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361750240.798656.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361750271.620745.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361750292.402865.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361750299.958618.jpg

I believe Sprint is on the split rack with 2 sectors at a different height than the other. Basil has posted pics before it. I recall him saying he can see the tower everyday. Keep an eye on the LSU area ones as I rarely go to that area.

I've been out of town the past week. Saturday I went around by the Bluebonnet PO site, and as Dbrow's picture shows, nothing new. I was hoping there would be some thing new. When I left the office Monday morning to go to the airport, there was a cable contractor with a horizontal drilling rig getting ready to run conduit down the street (Linkwood Ct.) which would lead in the direction of the tower and there really isn't much on Linkwood other than a few businesses and a big apartment complex. I would have thought that the apartment complex would already have fiber installed. I know our office is already on Cox fiber.

I've also seen a some cable contractor equipment parked over in front of the Embassy Suites area. I have no idea if it is really related to running backhaul for Sprint, but my mind would love to think that it is.

I believe Sprint is on the split rack with 2 sectors at a different height than the other. Basil has posted pics before it. I recall him saying he can see the tower everyday. Keep an eye on the LSU area ones as I rarely go to that area.

I live in the LSU area and if I'm not mistaken the are three towers in this area so I can take care of that pretty easily, I just still haven't been able to figure out which cost is sprints on the stadium yet

I did do a bit of mapping..a few pages back someone posted a sensorly of this area right around Nelson road /Nelson landing. Can probably see lots more purple now because I ran a good bit of mapping. Back in Bama now, so I'm no good for that area no more.

I did spot a 98 serving cell right at empire truck sales but it wasn't great when I checked eng screen

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzyKGIHYafwzWkh0VUdxenFBRWc/preview

267 was found over a month ago too. It's on the sheet. Don't waste your time on that one.

I did do a bit of mapping..a few pages back someone posted a sensorly of this area right around Nelson road /Nelson landing. Can probably see lots more purple now because I ran a good bit of mapping. Back in Bama now, so I'm no good for that area no more.

I did spot a 98 serving cell right at empire truck sales but it wasn't great when I checked eng screen

https://docs.google....enFBRWc/preview

Congrats on finding 2 of the sectors of the same site found back in Jan....267 - 169 = 98.

<withholding further comments on LTE hunting instructions/help as none of it was coming out correctly this morning> This will have to do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Sorry digi..the trip was keeping me so preoccupied that I only occasionally checked my phone, and did most of my posting from my phone while sitting at a stop light...I really wasn't much good at all for nothing except the mapping I did with sensorly which has shown up (because I can clearly see where I was in my dad's yard and sensorly shows the signal accordingly)...

Then my younger brother tried to cause trouble ...etc etc. You know how it goes, family drama. Overall, had a good trip and I was happy to see LTE period since I've never got to play with it..only had it briefly on my phone when I went to the GA line once.

When it comes to mapping around here, I know I'll be the only person in this area grabbing it and I'll do what needs doing..it's just different when your so far from home and don't know your way around well enough ...cops see a blacked out (with tint) vehicle with outta-state tags sitting at a vacant lot or parked beside a cell phone site...they start thinking weird things....and I've seen those Slidell cops on "Cops" ....wouldn't want to displease them.. Kinda like where you are, I'm sure you know a side-road or somewhere you can go and no one would think twice...but there might be places that you know druggies hang out and are not cool to go cruising for LTE stuff...that's what I didn't know about Slidell and why I only did some hit and miss with posting anything at all.

I guess Slidell was my learning curve...and now I know what I should do, and how to do it once Sylacauga/Childersburg/Harpersville/Rockford/etc gets some LTE lit up. Sorry I wasted anyone's time but I'm home now and got plenty of time to read-up on the stuff...I thought I only needed to know about getting the Eng screen and sensorly. I also didn't plan on going so much by myself and having drive with GPS ..

Decided to drive by the Industriplex site this morning and I've got some good news to report as you can see. Today's weather is perfect, so they can probably finish the tower work quickly.

3y6e3ury.jpg

ubygaven.jpg

My pictures did not post very clearly, but one truck is MasTec Wireless services, and the other is Griffin Crane & Steel.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Edited by bigzeto
  • Like 3

I know I have probably missed this discussion somewhere else in this thread but why is it bad to plot with the galaxy nexus?

Another member in New Orleans found even though on stock comparing Sensorly's detail screen to the LTE engineering it would show he barely had a signal in the LTE engineering screen but Sensorly was saying he had an excellent signal. He has refrained from mapping with the GNex.

I had correspondence with the Sensorly app developer and sent him detailed descriptions and screen caps of the two scenarios I had. He said he'd look into it and get back to me. I'll update y'all when I hear anything.

Can anyone else with a GNex duplicate my findings with stock Android (now, likely 4.2.1)?

• Like 2