Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

Haven't seen no lte anywhere I'm around, makes me wonder if sprint is taking a break.

No break, You should consider becoming a sponsor to access the additional New Orleans thread and spreadsheet to see all activity.

Haven't seen no lte anywhere I'm around, makes me wonder if sprint is taking a break.

Really? Surprised. Is your phone on 3g only or something because you should pick it up somewhere around the city. It is spread out pretty good.

I live in new orleans, I meant everywhere I've been. I haven't been a lot of placed lately.

Either your phone is on CDMA only mode or something is wrong with it. I can't see how you've been to lots of places in New Orleans and not found any LTE. Go look for yourself on Sensorly.com or on the app itself.

I Haven't been a lot of places, and I meant new lte, lol didn't know I had to be so specific. I've posted speed test and lte engineering on this before. Plus I have a gs3 (hopefully a gs4 before or during the summer).

Saw on sensorly that there was lte on manhattan on belle chasse... i put the nearest sprint store on manhattan in sensorly and it said thre was 4g down that way...went into the store and tried out their phones, couldnt get a signal at all. maybe bc i was inside idk

Saw on sensorly that there was lte on manhattan on belle chasse... i put the nearest sprint store on manhattan in sensorly and it said thre was 4g down that way...went into the store and tried out their phones, couldnt get a signal at all. maybe bc i was inside idk
dunno man.that's a relatively decent area for signal because of the tower on lapalco,and it should only get better when the tower on Manhattan goes live. I've used 4g inside the canes and IHOP on Manhattan with no issues.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

That area is almost in between 2-3 cells but luckily the site density there is not BR style so it should be fine when the site designed to cover that area is LTE enabled. The site described as "Manhattan next to HHGreg (old Circ City)" should cover that area just fine when LTE is available. According to the tracking sheet, someone checked it over a month ago and no RRUs were up.

That area is almost in between 2-3 cells but luckily the site density there is not BR style so it should be fine when the site designed to cover that area is LTE enabled. The site described as "Manhattan next to HHGreg (old Circ City)" should cover that area just fine when LTE is available. According to the tracking sheet, someone checked it over a month ago and no RRUs were up.
I drive by that site daily as well as wynnhaven and there is indeed still no work.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I just havent ran into them.

And unless you have your phone set to LTE Only, you likely won't except for a few places in town. The 4G is so thready in most of the city, 3G is clearly stronger and the phone defaults to it. While Sensorly might show a large part of New Orleans covered by 4G, it's a little misleading when you have to be LTE exclusive to get that. I *can* get 4G at my desk, on occasion but it almost never switches to 4G on its own.

What are the steps of upgrading a tower? Do they put the panels and then the RRU or the panels and RRU at the same time? I seen too towers that look like are being upgraded but is just the panels for now no RRU that I can see. Calliope St and Oretha C Halley being one of them.

What are the steps of upgrading a tower? Do they put the panels and then the RRU or the panels and RRU at the same time? I seen too towers that look like are being upgraded but is just the panels for now no RRU that I can see. Calliope St and Oretha C Halley being one of them.

I am not sure of the exact steps but all the ones I have seen being upgraded are Panels then RRUs but generally at the same time. Digi and Robert probably know. We are pretty sure the upgrades at Calliope and OC Haley are the first T-Mobile upgrades. They aren't Sprint panels, but I never did get an answer if anyone thought the top panels were Sprint. We might have been looking at the wrong tower this whole time.

• Like 1

I am not sure of the exact steps but all the ones I have seen being upgraded are Panels then RRUs but generally at the same time. Digi and Robert probably know. We are pretty sure the upgrades at Calliope and OC Haley are the first T-Mobile upgrades. They aren't Sprint panels, but I never did get an answer if anyone thought the top panels were Sprint. We might have been looking at the wrong tower this whole time.

Thats what i thought, this is the third T-mobile upgrade I see, watch them have LTE before we do.

Sprint is on that site. Those are their panels on top. You guys have sent other pics of sites with the same rack setup before.

From all the sites I've seen the antennas and RRUs are done at the same time by the same crew. Sometimes they even rig the antenna and RRUs up on the ground and lift them at the same time. The things I have seen done at different times are the basestation cabinets and RRU/Antennas.

Thats what i thought, this is the third T-mobile upgrade I see, watch them have LTE before we do.

Impossible as LTE is already here.

Do anyone know if the tower upgrade on Downman rd and Reel St is T-mobile or Sprint

The RRUs and panels are very distinctive in the area and there are many examples on this site of the equipment. Take a picture and post if you have any doubts. All the sites and upgrades going on are posted in the sponsor section which is very easy to become a part of.

• Like 2