Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

Found it. Dufossat and Tchoup. Pictures to follow later. 65 that is. Sensory plot uploading.

Oh hot damn! That's right by my house. And I can pick that up by the Superdome!?!?

There was nothing up there less than 2 weeks ago. That was fast, and that's a powerful signal.

I've forgot to mention at some point I switch to sector 310 while driving up carrollton. I'm having trouble getting the server to accept my sensorly points

310 has been active for a month down Airline. Sometimes Sensorly is overloaded. Upload them later.

Sent from my little Note2

Oh hot damn! That's right by my house. And I can pick that up by the Superdome!?!?

There was nothing up there less than 2 weeks ago. That was fast, and that's a powerful signal.

And 403 by the time you hit the Winn Dixie. When I was going up to Poydras, I alternated between 59 and 65. 65 down Napoleon, and then again back up Jefferson. I can't figure out how to upload photos from my phone. I hope to get to a real computer tonight. Got a shot of the tower and screens of cell ID and power.

Went back by the BTR Airport site today. I didn't get a chance to go to the warehouse parking lot due to traffic but this will do. The workers were gone and on to the next one. I wonder where...

So glad to see this site with 4 RRUs instead of 3. Needed it badly. I also see power and fiber to the RRUs as well. These guys are working quick. This wasn't up in the morning. Less than 8 hours they had them pretty much done.

Before

NL03ME017_A.JPG

During

NL03ME017_INSTALL.JPG

After

NL03ME017_DONE.JPG

• Like 3

Really digging the during shot. Kinda puts the size of the panels and rrus into perspective. Didn't realize they were almost six feet tall.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

You must have missed my others I caught of active installs. This my fourth site catch.

I believe the specs have them at about 5 foot and 50lbs if I remember correctly.

As promised, the photos.

First, the photos of the tower:

Next, LTE Engineering screen captures from:

Poydras and Loyola - Note the serving cell!

Napoleon and Freret

Dufossat and Tchoup

Tchoup by the Winn Dixie

All measurements were made at ground level in my car. If the photos are too fuzzy, yell at LG for putting a crap 13MP camera in their flagship phone.

I never was able to get a decent speed test on 65. I was, however, able to pick up a -125 signal from 65 at Washington and Jeff Davis.

Edited by jmuskratt

Was the Poydras and Loyola at ground level? If so you got me beat. Farthest I've been able to snag LTE was ground level at 9.3 miles (not over water). Looks like you got over 10 miles.

Funny thing is looking at that site (Belle Chasse Naval) on satellite view now I can see trucks parked at it and RRUs in the air. This is just downright cheating to check out RRU up sites ;) I see they don't have the RRU's up in the images at the old six flag site but trucks are parked there.

I live in Denham springs on south river rd a few houses north of Florida my wife claims she had 4g last night but not me. However when i woke up i had full 4g. I will be mapping it with sensorly today. I attached a speed test and the engineering screen. By the way i have a galaxy s3

post-10957-0-53504000-1362231816_thumb.png

• Like 1

Was the Poydras and Loyola at ground level? If so you got me beat. Farthest I've been able to snag LTE was ground level at 9.3 miles (not over water). Looks like you got over 10 miles.

While stopped at the light. It's an LTE miracle!

Very cool. Will have to go ride to Denham Springs today. Looks like they fired up the denham site at I-12. It was just last week that the RRUs went up.

I'm telling you, those Hammond crews moved west. Those guys are good. A bunch of sites have been going from nothing to live in less than a week. Let's hope this trend continues. Then again we still have a bunch of Red Sticked sites wasting away.

Stopped and talked to them. They shut it off to do some grounds. He wasn't too talkative and I didn't want to bother him. The guy on the radio up the tower started freaking out saying something about a guy on the ground. Didn't want to cause a safety issue from failing debris so I backed off and out of there. Did say he had 180 sites to upgrade.

No purple today :(

I live in Denham springs on south river rd a few houses north of Florida my wife claims she had 4g last night but not me. However when i woke up i had full 4g. I will be mapping it with sensorly today. I attached a speed test and the engineering screen. By the way i have a galaxy s3

And by the way... Welcome to the site! It is nice to see another local here mapping with sensorly. We have pretty much mapped out the other two active sites to death.

• Like 1

I went by the site behind Ruffinos on Highland this morning. No new panels or RRUs up that I could see, and the cabinets are inside a privacy fence inside a fenced business. But there was new orange conduit sticking up out of the ground next to the closest telephone pole. Looked like they were getting ready for new backhaul.