Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

Just donate what you can and you will become a sponsor. Sponsors keep the site running. When I first donated, it was like 5 or 10 bucks. Then, I realized how much I enjoy the site and that I am on it all the time and donated $100 to become Premier Sponsor. Well worth my donation as I am always on this site.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

im not opposed to being a sponsor. and planed to do so when I was able. I spend alot of time scouting and relaying information. im slightly disipointed about this teaser post.

It is information that doesn't need to be out on google so this is one way to keep the bots from registering and scouring the site. Like others have pointed out it goes towards the site and keeping it up. How many ads do you see on this website? Now compare that to many other sites.

If it weren't for this place we'd be looking at the maps on Sprint.com scratching our heads...

• Like 1

I agree with you digi and under stand the cost associated with running. Just try to be active and enjoy scouting out sites spend a good portion of each day. Sharing my updates and Intel.

It's no problem. We have lots of content available in the public forums. Sponsorship is not for everyone for varied reasons. Thanks for contributing to the discussions here at S4GRU.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

I just registered and wanted to post to let everyone know that I just got 4G LTE in baton rouge at the house. I live around sherwood at florida so i'm assuming its from the tower in front of the old albertson's on florida. Im not super technical so i'm not doing sensorly or any of that but i pulled about 7 down and 1.78 up I may post the screenshot.

• Like 1

I just registered and wanted to post to let everyone know that I just got 4G LTE in baton rouge at the house. I live around sherwood at florida so i'm assuming its from the tower in front of the old albertson's on florida. Im not super technical so i'm not doing sensorly or any of that but i pulled about 7 down and 1.78 up I may post the screenshot.

I believe that is the site that went live yesterday. If you check sensory it has been mapped on there. Thank for the report and if you want to map it on Sensorly more data points won't hurt.

Well i cant post the image screenshot but here is the test link from speedtest.net for verification. REALLY HAPPY LTE IS HERE IN BATON ROUGE. Thanks TG

Test Date: Jan 27, 2013 11:28:03 am

Connection Type: Lte

Server: Jackson, MS

Download: 7.41 Mbps

Upload: 1.78 Mbps

Ping: 114 ms

External IP: 66.87.19.134

Internal IP: 30.19.236.134

Latitude: 30.46634

Longitude: -91.05708

A detailed image for this result can be found here:

http://www.speedtest.net/android/353530057.png

Ookla operates Speedtest.net using a massive global infrastructure to minimize the impact of Internet congestion and latency. With millions of tests performed every day across hundreds of servers, Speedtest.net is the ultimate resource for bandwidth testing and related information. Visit it on your computer today to find out why.

So, I didn't know that the Broadmoor site was turned on until I got to Baton Rouge Friday night, and was most upset that I'd be delayed from mapping it for days. After seeing at least one BR tower on, I'm so going on there right now to get me some data points (and site ids if I can manage).

I mapped them yesterday along with the IDs for the two sites.

Sherwood & Florida along with Old Hammond & Flannery are active at this time.

Check on Sensorly and light up some new roads for us.

Sent from my little Note2

Uploaded my little trip, and here's what I got.

Where/ID/DL/UL

Florida @ Airline - 429 9.8/.27

Choctaw @ Monterrey - 91 6.2/.55

Sherwood @ Florida - 260 15.3/7.8

Old Hammond @ Flannery 419 16.8/8.1

Sharp @ Old Hammond 429 2.8/.12

I had to force my phone to LTE only mode to pick the LTE up. Cycling airplane mode wouldn't get it even when I was right by the site. I hope nothing is wrong with my phone.

Come pick me up and we can go battle the Sprint store. If I bring the wife I could guarantee you a swap or either handcuffs. Lol..

I might be battling them for my other line as well. Tomorrow will tell when she goes to that area.

• Like 1

I had to force my phone to LTE only mode to pick the LTE up. Cycling airplane mode wouldn't get it even when I was right by the site. I hope nothing is wrong with my phone.

Hmmm. That was an issue with the EVO for a while. The upgrade to JB has been reported to improve the LTE connectivity on the EVO. Did you do the JB update? Pretty sure you have but just throwing it out there.

Yep, same ones I found.

I even snagged 91 on the huey p bridge by accident. Then I cheated and snagged it from my house at 7 miles with a dish antenna.

Now that is new to me. Are you saying that you can hook up a dish to receive LTE at a long range? Like a television satellite dish or are you talking about some microwave dish you have? Because you doing either would'nt surprise me in the least.

Heck I am truly happy that yall finally have a signal to play around with up there. I could tell frustration was starting to set in for you guys.

Oh did you happen to snag the two serving cell IDs while you had LTE?

Now that is new to me. Are you saying that you can hook up a dish to receive LTE at a long range? Like a television satellite dish or are you talking about some microwave dish you have? Because you doing either would'nt surprise me in the least.

Heck I am truly happy that yall finally have a signal to play around with up there. I could tell frustration was starting to set in for you guys.

A microwave dish and satellite dish are really one in the same, just different styles and some you know have a cover. A parabolic reflector. One is just offset. But yes, I used a spare dish I had and just layed my phone on the end of it. Picked up LTE with no issues once I pointed towards the site.

I have done this before before I had an Airave and wanted to talk to my women without melting my phone due to the heat and charging. At that time I had a dish on a pallet outside the backdoor pointed toward the site. I would just pair the bluetooth and sit inside.

I do have a few spares if you want one.. ;)

• Like 1

This sounds weird but I was at the I-10 and Power site and I was getting 13+ mbs on the bestbuy side of the tower and after going on the other side of power I started getting 0.30 mbs. with full bars.

I can produce this exact behavior! Very strange. The power/vets intersection has terrible speeds compared to the other sectors surrounding it. Is there a possible explanation for this?

• Like 1

A microwave dish and satellite dish are really one in the same, just different styles and some you know have a cover. A parabolic reflector. One is just offset. But yes, I used a spare dish I had and just layed my phone on the end of it. Picked up LTE with no issues once I pointed towards the site.

I have done this before before I had an Airave and wanted to talk to my women without melting my phone due to the heat and charging. At that time I had a dish on a pallet outside the backdoor pointed toward the site. I would just pair the bluetooth and sit inside.

I do have a few spares if you want one.. ;)

Wow. I learned something new today. I had no idea you could do that. But I will pass on the extra dishes. Appreciate the offer but I have an extra in my garage I haven't found a use for yet. You want it? Lol.

I can produce this exact behavior! Very strange. The power/vets intersection has terrible speeds compared to the other sectors surrounding it. Is there a possible explanation for this?

I can confirm this as well, saw it yesterday.

But it's just on one side of the tower, I was at lafreniere park the last week and I was getting constant 20+ mbs. Today I was sitting at Popeyes and didn't get anything higher than 1mb. Connected to the veterans and Phoenix site right now, great speeds used 1 gb already, data fly when ur on LTE.