Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

I am assuming you mean 90 and not i-10. No clue why it is slower up there though. Maybe that side of the tower needs work or there is interference. I would expect a lot of random things like this until Sprint is 100% done as opposed to 2%. Worth noting I just got a ping of 87ms, 3780kbps Down, 2238kbps Up, and a signal strength of -115 from my couch 15 blocks away from the tower (I am 3 blocks off of St. Charles). I will take that over 3g any day and at -115 those speeds are pretty impressive.

Your right 90 just before it turns into I-10, and i know those are good speeds but remember there is not that many people connected to the tower, ones everybody starts to get 4G phone things are going to get ugly. i'll just wait and hope it gets better.

I will trade you my downtown tower that Sprint refuses to fix. You get NO data.. No 3g signal at all! It's a constant dance of reboots anytime I go in the elevator and lose signal then come back out.

I think I am just going to start calling them every day until they fix it.

Sent from my little Note2

Ha, and I'm in Dallas this week, so there's one less user hitting the sector. I'm by the Galleria here, and data has been great.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Your right 90 just before it turns into I-10, and i know those are good speeds but remember there is not that many people connected to the tower, ones everybody starts to get 4G phone things are going to get ugly. i'll just wait and hope it gets better.

Not going to be an issue when they are 100% launched because, while there will be more users, there will also be significantly more towers. They are upgrading their entire footprint. Also worth note, at Jackson and Claiborne I got 32319kbps down and 8324kbps up.

• Like 3

Ha, and I'm in Dallas this week, so there's one less user hitting the sector. I'm by the Galleria here, and data has been great.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

When i get on 75 I melt it on down to zero..

I see someone has found a new site at the I-55 Tickfaw exit on Sensorly. Nice!!

I'm glad someone mapped one of those new sites I reported last night. Now if someone can catch the other new ones over in Lacombe and Covington.

Robert

Anyone check out that dark purple near airline and clearview I was there this morning and didnt notice anything

Yes I checked it out. I didn't get even a hint of a signal there. Judging from the solid color and no lightening before or after it I would guess it is pollution from a screwed up phone. Or a tower was on, they tested it, then turned off.

So far I'm very impressed with the LTE RF performance of the Note2. The FCC docs didn't bode well for it on paper. Yesterday I accidentally picked up LTE from the Sherwood/Florida site at I-110/190(Airline). I can see the little bit of purple on the map. I was higher in the air due to the interstate exit but that is pretty cool to pick up LTE at just under 7 miles by accident in the city.

I'm curious to see when bigzeto gets back if he snag it from his office. I remember him saying he could pick up Wimax from the protection site about 2.7 miles away. Maybe that would be a good Note2 & EVO LTE side by side test ;)

I'm glad someone mapped one of those new sites I reported last night. Now if someone can catch the other new ones over in Lacombe and Covington.

Robert

Maybe we can put a bounty for the mapping and screenshots of LTE engineering screens? The bounty would would be donated to the site in their name ;)

At last glance we have;

2 sites reported as accepted but no LTE found

5 accepted but no one has visited them yet for confirmation and/or mapped them on sensorly

20 confirmed and/or mapped LTE sites.

Not bad at all considering the first one was found active 27 days ago and we had some record breaking rain for 2 weeks. Way to go! Only a little more than 300 to go.

• Like 1

I would map more back in my selling days but Northshore, Hammond, and BR aren't my territories anymore.

In was thinking that the other day.. If I had my previous job I could map all kinds of stuff since I would rack up 1500 miles a month around BR. And I thought that job was an upgrade as I used to hit up to 4000 miles a month sometimes and driving was only a small part of the job. Too spoiled now...

• Like 1

Got a buddy that lives in North Slidell north of I-12 and west of Hwy 11. Showed me his speed test showing 31.4mbps download speeds he lives 3 blocks from tower NL03XC343.

I'm gonna go scope it out and get the cell id's.

-Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk.

• Like 3

Got a buddy that lives in North Slidell north of I-12 and west of Hwy 11. Showed me his speed test showing 31.4mbps download speeds he lives 3 blocks from tower NL03XC343.

I'm gonna go scope it out and get the cell id's.

You haven't taught him Sensorly and/or LTE engineering screenshots yet? ;)

You haven't taught him Sensorly and/or LTE engineering screenshots yet? ;)

I tried. Told him about Sensorly but he didn't seem interested in helping our cause. Besides he's constantly changing roms all the time so I don't want him putting out corrupted mapping info.

I went for some drive testing on the Sherwood & Florida site in BR. Funny thing is I accidentally found an Ericsson truck in the neighborhood. I need a gps tracker to stick on his truck ;) No one was around. Just parked at a house. Funny thing is I bet if had a Sprint phone, he is roaming at that house. I was about a mile from the site with a -95 signal on the street. LTE dropped right in this area as well.

• Like 1

I feel left out lol i still have a non LTE device. Hopefully, There is more complete LTE by the time i get a new device (May 2013), the hard part is chosing which device I'd like to get.

Hopefully the HTC M7 will be out by then although I think it will probably come out in June. HTC has an event mid February so we will probably know something more then.

It will be interesting to see if they redeem themselves in the RF dept. Not looking good lately though with some of the lock downs they did in the JB update on the EVO and with the takedown on some dev websites. They forget who helps them find and fix bugs.

It will be interesting to see if they redeem themselves in the RF dept. Not looking good lately though with some of the lock downs they did in the JB update on the EVO and with the takedown on some dev websites. They forget who helps them find and fix bugs.

Wait what? I follow development and roms pretty closely (mostly on xda though). What takedown are you talking about? What did I miss? You don't have to explain completely but if you have a link where I could read about this i would appreciate it. Sounds crazy.

There is 1 LTE tower in Baton Rouge that i could find at the corner of Florida and North Sherwood. I was there yesterday and ran a speed test and got 27mpbs down and 7.7 up. But other than that i haven't found any towers in baton rouge

There is 1 LTE tower in Baton Rouge that i could find at the corner of Florida and North Sherwood. I was there yesterday and ran a speed test and got 27mpbs down and 7.7 up. But other than that i haven't found any towers in baton rouge

Look on Sensorly and you can see two. The other one is Flannery and Old Hammond. They were activated last Saturday.