Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

I just forced LTE in my apartment in Central City from my couch and got a connection. The Serving cell is the same one I picked up randomly on the I-10 the other day ending in 7F01.

Try this post and see if it shows the serving cell ID like Samsung phones.

http://www.s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1612-Problems-programming-Android-signal-strength-reporting-for-LTE#entry97343

Or direct link to apk

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nhd729pckawlndm/HomeActivity.apk

Sent from my little Note2

Try this post and see if it shows the serving cell ID like Samsung phones.

http://www.s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1612-Problems-programming-Android-signal-strength-reporting-for-LTE#entry97343

Or direct link to apk

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nhd729pckawlndm/HomeActivity.apk

Nope, it leaves it blank. I am going to drive around in the morning... I think two sites may be active. One by the Dome and one in Broadmoor. If you zoom in on Sensorly on Oretha Castle Haley Blvd in the 1700 block you will see my Sensorly mapping of my condo. It is pretty far from the Broadmoor Purple but close enough to the Dome Purple.

Just went for a drive. My guess is the active tower is on South Derbigny just off Claiborne @Earhart. That is where I got the strongest signal around -68. I got out of there quickly though. Not a great place to be at 1AM. My Speed test is at Claiborne and Jackson coming from Downtown.

Nope, it leaves it blank. I am going to drive around in the morning... I think two sites may be active. One by the Dome and one in Broadmoor. If you zoom in on Sensorly on Oretha Castle Haley Blvd in the 1700 block you will see my Sensorly mapping of my condo. It is pretty far from the Broadmoor Purple but close enough to the Dome Purple.

Go back to the thread as it looks like he fixed it. Should be pretty cool to get both ids.

Just went for a drive. My guess is the active tower is on South Derbigny just off Claiborne @Earhart. That is where I got the strongest signal around -68. I got out of there quickly though. Not a great place to be at 1AM. My Speed test is at Claiborne and Jackson coming from Downtown.

Crazy peeps ;)

Looks like there is another site active northwest of there according to Sensorly unless of course that is pollution from a GNex owner with a stuck/crashed radio.

Go back to the thread as it looks like he fixed it. Should be pretty cool to get both ids.

It only shows the Hex ID on mine. If you read his last post it looks like he is saying HTC only reports the Hex so that's all he can get to show on the LTEvo...... Stupid HTC.

Is the superbowl over yet? The crews need to spread out again ;)

I know I said it before that there probably wasn't a push due to the superbowl but I do believe there has been some emphasis where possible in that area. Of course they haven't focused totally there otherwise we wouldn't have sites active on the north shore.

Is the superbowl over yet? The crews need to spread out again ;)

I know I said it before that there probably wasn't a push due to the superbowl but I do believe there has been some emphasis where possible in that area. Of course they haven't focused totally there otherwise we wouldn't have sites active on the north shore.

The superbowl isn't till febuary 3.

It only shows the Hex ID on mine. If you read his last post it looks like he is saying HTC only reports the Hex so that's all he can get to show on the LTEvo...... Stupid HTC.

Yeah, I poked around the API... HTC only exposes the Hex ID (the only thing else I've found exposed by the same call is EVDO base station ID). Now, if someone out there has a rooted Evo LTE running a 4.2 ROM (like Evervolv), the official API may report the physical cell ID, and if it does my app should be able to fetch it. I haven't gotten annoyed enough yet at Sense to root mine yet though.

Tried to go to link but says I need a forum password.