Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

I can confirm this as well, saw it yesterday.

My first thought was possibble interference from the (i think att tower) between the sprint tower and power/vets intersection. But then again I don't even know if that is possibble with the different spectrums etc. Only other thing I could think of was that simply the panes are facing in such a direction that that area just doesn't have good coverage. Or i guess it could be having a technical problem on that side.

• Like 1

Do we have any instances of a different panel being used for NV down here? I passed a tower on lapalco that has the normal NV gear on two sectors and a flatter, wider panel on one sector, I tried to get a pic, but it's a really tall tower and all I have is my phone. I'll post the pic in a few, but it really doesn't help a lot.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I just traveled around mapping the Claiborne @ Earhart site and I went where that Dark Purple on Washington and Broad was. The Serving Cell never changed from the tower on Claiborne and I only ever got a very weak signal. Either the user who mapped Washington has a phone misreporting strength or there was another tower that was turned on for a short time and is now off.

Digiblur wins the AV internet. That was a post that combined s4gru, dslreports, AND AVSforums.

Yep.. I threw together two of these (not 3.65ghz of course): http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=nbm3-kit&d=ubiquiti-nbm3-kit-nbm3-and-nb-od3-complete-system-%28nbm3-kit%29

I used 2.4ghz, had to tweak the bracket to find the focal point a bit. We used Nanostation Loco M2s for radio/antenna heads. Like a panel and RRU in one box. It was more of a proof of concept to see if we could do it. Ended up shooting 4 miles down the pipeline to a deer stand. Ran the nanostation and another wireless access point off a battery/solar power cell I threw together for internet access at the hunting camp for the weekend.

Definitely not my first rodeo at all shooting wireless for miles. Going to try it again when the other site about 5 miles from me goes active. The site is not as tall and the coverage from it currently is absolutely horrible. Not even a mile.

I just traveled around mapping the Claiborne @ Earhart site and I went where that Dark Purple on Washington and Broad was. The Serving Cell never changed from the tower on Claiborne and I only ever got a very weak signal. Either the user who mapped Washington has a phone misreporting strength or there was another tower that was turned on for a short time and is now off.

That's kinda what I was thinking when looking at some of the conflicting data. It has been said the some GNex users radios get stuck and report the wrong signal. I believe that is what we've seen with screenshot of the erroneous 4G data from the Gnex in this thread previously.

Yes, kevins669 took photos of one. It's a 33 degree beamwidth antenna. He post a pic here:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2198-network-visionlte-new-orleans-market/page__view__findpost__p__94829

What cross streets was it located at?

The one on lapalco between Manhattan and the Harvey bridge. What would be the purpose of the narrow beamwidth panel right there.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

How did u try to pick up the signal?

I drove all over there too and never got a strong signal and it was definitely the Claiborne tower. I had to switch to LTE only at one point to pick the signal back up.

They must have turned it off r something.

Turned what off? All the purple in that area seems to be from the Claiborne tower. It is possible that the Dark Purple in that area was from a separate tower that is now off but the gNex issue Digi was talking about is more likely the culprit. I could be wrong though.

A microwave dish and satellite dish are really one in the same, just different styles and some you know have a cover. A parabolic reflector. One is just offset. But yes, I used a spare dish I had and just layed my phone on the end of it. Picked up LTE with no issues once I pointed towards the site.

I have done this before before I had an Airave and wanted to talk to my women without melting my phone due to the heat and charging. At that time I had a dish on a pallet outside the backdoor pointed toward the site. I would just pair the bluetooth and sit inside.

I do have a few spares if you want one.. ;)

Sent from my little Note2

Can't you snag FTA satellite signal with those Dish network dishes?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

That is what I used for fta, dish and direct tv dishes with custom made brackets for lnbs because I never bought a motor. My setup at one time was pretty nice but I am sure it was no where near digiblur's setup.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I have a motorized KU 90cm setup for backhaul searching in the FTA world.

You can pick up whatever you want with them. I have them since people gave them to me or I pulled them off the house while working with a friend of mine. Haven't had time to put the extra lnbs up on ebay. The dishes aren't even worth the gas to bring them to the scrap yard.

And just so we are clear, when I say FTA I truly mean the real legal FTA world. Just like OTA.

Sent from my little Note2

In old netairie at metaire road and oakridge pl picked up neq 4g signal todaty

Servicing cell 141 band 25. -99

It is probably the site that just went live on Airline next to Hurwitz Mintz. If you are in that area grab the Servicing Cell ID again. I got the Hex ID right in front of it.

I picked picked up speeds of 32+ down & 10+ up this morning at Sherwood @ Choctaw in baton rouge. http://www.speedtest...d/354235010.png

Thanks... make sure you download the Sensorly app from the Play Store and map out any areas with 4G that are not on the map in Sensorly. I will warn you...it does get addicting! ;) Make sure you hit Map Trip then Start so it still maps in the background in case you need to text or use the phone for other reasons.

It is probably the site that just went live on Airline next to Hurwitz Mintz. If you are in that area grab the Servicing Cell ID again. I got the Hex ID right in front of it.

well if that isn't a perfect example of "the bars lie", I don't know what is. -60 perfect LTE signal with ZERO bars. ;)

• Like 2

Yes, I would concur with that assumption. With the 141 that means he's on northern sector and the -99 I could see that at the cross streets listed.

• Like 1