Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

Caught some surprise 4G at NASA in new Orleans east today. Caught some of it on sensorly. Seen kinda far away for the I10/510. Wonder if something went live?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I will check this out for myself tomorrow when i get off from school by 5pm.

I'm new so bear with me.

I saw a tower near Claiborne and I-10 going to Metairie across from the Arena and Superdome. It looked new or I haven't really payed attention to it.

Could be a cow for the super bowl.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Forum Runner

Two Sensorly tracks near Bonnabel and I-10 look interesting.... anybody checked it out lately?

I drove around for awhile yesterday trying to connect. My Theory is they turned on the tower at i-10 near City Park exit to test and it got picked up there and further up i-10 near the dome.

Maybe there might be progress in BR just yet. A site on a detour route on my way home had an ATT truck in the gate. There about 5 or 6 other trucks across the street. They had their little work area setup next to the manhole.

Could be install backhaul for the RRUs that have been up for a while or maybe just fixing the backhaul on the ATT side of the site.

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 1

Maybe there might be progress in BR just yet. A site on a detour route on my way home had an ATT truck in the gate. There about 5 or 6 other trucks across the street. They had their little work area setup next to the manhole.

Could be install backhaul for the RRUs that have been up for a while or maybe just fixing the backhaul on the ATT side of the site.

What site?

Caught some surprise 4G at NASA in new Orleans east today. Caught some of it on sensorly. Seen kinda far away for the I10/510. Wonder if something went live?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I work near there. I'll see if I get anything tomorrow. Last I checked, there was no work being performed on the two towers nearest NASA and my work. We also got some faint 4G on the Paris Rd. Bridge and Paris Rd near the St. Bernard/New Orleans parish line the other day too. Not sure where it was coming from as of yet though.

NO 4g by nasa I live down the street. i drove up and down to folgers and back no 4g. I will try going to chalmette driving on Paris rd to see what is going on over there..

• Like 1

Anyone have pictures of the Cell on Wheels including the base yet? (I know I had said COW I'd have pictures of farm animals in this thread ;)

It is identical to the one in Metairie. I did not take pictures, since it was the same.

Here are pics of the one in Metairie:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxTSAkTvC2B9ejhobUI2XzdJWHM/edit

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxTSAkTvC2B9cWFsQ19UZ1BMQmc/edit

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxTSAkTvC2B9ZDFFQUloQnExbU0/edit

No strain on air spectrum though. Plenty to go around. One could easily setup a point to point microwave backhaul from two sites with speeds of 10 megabit to 1 gigabit or more. All depends on the money you have for equipment.

If it was on licensed spectrum, you could shoot it straight down bourbon on fat Tuesday and never notice an issue at all.