Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

Dots growing again I10 through downtown , looks like poland 9th ward area has something new as well

Yeah that is the tower on Japonica St near Poland and St. Claude that is putting out all the purple for that area including the High Rise and FQ and going across to Algiers.

About to go on a trek on my bike. I will be following the river all the way from the harvey locks to the algiers/canal ferry, then head back through terrytown by whitney to try and get to the whitney sute where people were getting some signal. Wish me luck.

Thats a huge coverage area. Hopefully with this break in the rain they can get some work done.

Yup but it is a weak connection further out. Covers about the same amount of area as the live Metairie tower.

Yea,the Belle Chasse tower is putting out on the expressway all the way to ames,sure the signal is practically unusable,but when you look at all the other towers that still need to be done and turned on between everything,this is going to be some pretty sweet coverage.

• Like 1

About to go on a trek on my bike. I ll be following e way from the harvey locks to the algiers/canal ferry, then head back through terrytown by whitney to try and get to the whitney sute where people were getting some signal. Wish me luck.

The one by Whitney was me. It is very weak and unusable. I only pick it up on the second floor so if ya wanna save yourself the time I figured I give ya that warning.

I know y'all've talked about how not every tower will get LTE, but do we know about how many will? eg, every other tower, every third tower? (I'm sure this has been answered somewhere, I'm want to apply it to NO/BR).

So I'm thinking, if the Japonica tower puts out signal that far, Sprint might only turn on "a" CDB tower, 1 or 2 Uptown towers, and a Mid City tower to cover the bulk of the center of the city (thoughts?). Then I wonder, is that enough? And if so, I hope I live and work near the LTE towers.

I'd also like to say, this forum embodies so much awesomeness. I mean, we have volunteers running a website, and crowd-sourcing real-time data to keep everyone else abreast of the latest information. It's pretty miraculous what can be accomplished with a little team work and good leadership. Props to everyone involved. Makes me glad to be on Sprint with such awesome people. I doubt the AT&T or Verizon communities did anything this cool. And if they did, I'll continue to pretend they didn't.

Thanks to Robert for hosting this greatness, and regulars like digiblur who keep a keen eye on our market, and shepherds everyone through the technical details.

It is really cool to have such a great group of us wireless geeks looking around at things.

LTE signals do not "go" as far as EVDO signals due to their fragile airlink. So by far Sprint wants to upgrade every cell site with LTE that they can. I am not aware of any sites that will not be getting upgrades. I would guess within 6 months you will have a sea of mid dark to full dark purple on Sensorly. Hopefully by then we will see several sites in Baton Rouge as well. Haven't seen any changes here in a while since a few RRUs went up it has been a ghost town. I assume someone made an executive decision to focus more on NOLA right now. Perfectly fine by me as any upgrades are better than none at all.

I just keep the thought in my mind that they stalled here as some testing didn't work out due to spacing and now they are reworking the RF design to add cell sites here. Yeah yeah... I can dream that we won't be coined Isles of LTE right?

-- "Sensorly or it didn't happen!"

• Like 1

Im sure getting nola up is a priority with the superbowl coming to town. Just my guess.

In wouldn't say that by 100% but I am sure that has been some weight in a few decisions.

I know y'all've talked about how not every tower will get LTE, but do we know about how many will? eg, every other tower, every third tower? (I'm sure this has been answered somewhere, I'm want to apply it to NO/BR).

There are only about 100 sites nationwide that aren't getting NV upgrades for various reasons. I do no believe any of those sites are in your area. There is a map of those sites in the sponsors section.

It is really cool to have such a great group of us wireless geeks looking around at things.

LTE signals do not "go" as far as EVDO signals due to their fragile airlink. So by far Sprint wants to upgrade every cell site with LTE that they can. I am not aware of any sites that will not be getting upgrades. I would guess within 6 months you will have a sea of mid dark to full dark purple on Sensorly. Hopefully by then we will see several sites in Baton Rouge as well. Haven't seen any changes here in a while since a few RRUs went up it has been a ghost town. I assume someone made an executive decision to focus more on NOLA right now. Perfectly fine by me as any upgrades are better than none at all.

I just keep the thought in my mind that they stalled here as some testing didn't work out due to spacing and now they are reworking the RF design to add cell sites here. Yeah yeah... I can dream that we won't be coined Isles of LTE right?

Often the same installers make the same mistakes. It is quite possible that there's a plethora of the same issues on the punch lists for the sites around Baton Rouge.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Hope it's something like that. I stopped going to look at any sites around here anymore since everybody is gone. Only glance at the few I see on my way home now as it was pointless to waste the gas. I'll probably do a once a month check on a few of them.

Hope it's something like that. I stopped going to look at any sites around here anymore since everybody is gone. Only glance at the few I see on my way home now as it was pointless to waste the gas. I'll probably do a once a month check on a few of them.

I've been in Port Lavaca, TX all week, so I haven't been able to check anything. Just been following the progress in the New Orleans market from the computer.

Covington is lit up and going strong. Haven't had time to get screenshots of debug, but I will when I can. Speedtest reached 22mbps down, 13mbps up!

Had sensorly running while driving to work, it should update soon.

Yes, please get a screenshot and location of the strong signal. Remember to go by the debug screen for lte signal strength. Curious if this is the same site someone else found towards that area.

Nice! That is a new active LTE site! -91 is a pretty decent signal. From what I've seen a -60 or so is smack right next to the site for an easy confirmation of which site it is.

I went back and saw your other post in Madisonville and that one is near the Fairview state park from what I can tell with Sensorly.

So where is this one? BTW, the serving cell for this site will be 26, 195, and 364 for identification when tying to track it down.