Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

While I wait for the Ericsson approval guy to come get his beer donation from me and bigzeto in Baton Rouge, I have been digging through through the hidden menu apk on the Note2. Found some interesting tidbits on how they read the LTE info on the debug screen. I did find some limits on the LTE timer dialog settings. I removed them.. Oops.. Does it make a difference? Dunno yet. Time will tell.

-- "Sensorly or it didn't happen!"

Covington is lit up and going strong. Haven't had time to get screenshots of debug, but I will when I can. Speedtest reached 22mbps down, 13mbps up!

Had sensorly running while driving to work, it should update soon.

I see it on Sensorly now when zoomed in. It will show up on the other layers later. Might be able to figure out which site it is from your plot to put it on our spreadsheet.

Allright guys I need some sensorly help.

I have been to the algiers ferry twice now in the last 24 hours and also visited several other spots that are dark purple on the map and I cannot get any 4g. I cycle the airplane mode and still only get 3g. Can someone tell me how to set it up? I have run the sensorly logging deal and collected over 1000 points for 3g but zero for 4g.

Allright guys I need some sensorly help.

I have been to the algiers ferry twice now in the last 24 hours and also visited several other spots that are dark purple on the map and I cannot get any 4g. I cycle the airplane mode and still only get 3g. Can someone tell me how to set it up? I have run the sensorly logging deal and collected over 1000 points for 3g but zero for 4g.

When you go into your settings, mobile networks, it is set for CDMA LTE right?

Try toggling it to cdma only if it is, then back. It should make you reboot.

If that still doesn't help. Try profile update and prl update. I think you can force it by dialing ##Update# too.

Thanks digi. That resolved the issue.

Looks like the westbank purple has more than doubled overnight. I also took a pic of the tower close to me to post, I think it has the rru deals but I will let y'all confirm.

I see it on Sensorly now when zoomed in. It will show up on the other layers later. Might be able to figure out which site it is from your plot to put it on our spreadsheet.

I will be driving down Hwy. 190 towards I-12 later today, and will run sensorly during that time as well.

They all look the same to me haha. Too good to be true, only 4 blocks from my house.

The RRUs are the same but Sprint will have a larger panel with 3 or 4 RRUs per sector. Very easy to spot as they are very unique. See below:

http://s4gru.com/ind...ericsson-style/

What is the location (nearest intersection)? We keep track on a spreadsheet in the sponsor thread of sites with no work, RRUs up, and active sites.

• Like 1

Not sure if you Sensorly addicts have seen this thread but there is a test build of Sensorly that shows the additional LTE sector info on the details screen. I haven't seen it so I'm not sure if it is the hex, decimal, or three digit code of the LTE sector. Apparently the S3 is one on the list that it works with.

See more:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2906-sprint-lte-coverage-maps-via-sensorly/page__view__findpost__p__92688

From the poland ave tower , 1 mile north west of it.

If you were that close to that tower with a clear line of sight, your relatively weak signal of -105 dBm RSRP is a good indicator that this signal is actually coming from somewhere else. It could be miles away.

I drove by the Tchoup at Orange St tower and no LTE but there was a white truck parked in front of it with a worker inside it. Wasn't an Ericsson truck but a MasTec Wireless. Any chance they are helping out?

From the poland ave tower , 1 mile north west of it.

484 is indeed the Japonica St. At Marais site though.

I misread patrickdurhamno's comment, mistaking the comma for a decimal point. A signal strength of -105 dBM RSRP is much more consistent with a full mile, rather than a tenth of a mile.

I drove by the Tchoup at Orange St tower and no LTE but there was a white truck parked in front of it with a worker inside it. Wasn't an Ericsson truck but a MasTec Wireless. Any chance they are helping out?

Hmm.. I saw a Mastec wireless van the other morning. Totally didn't think of it as I know Mastec for satellite work.

Yes, any sub could be seen. As its a sub of a sub of a sub world out there where the ones doing the work get paid very little to climb.