Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

This is being discussed in detail on another thread, but I thought you guys wouldn't want to miss this considering that Tampa is one of the launch city for it.

Watcht the video:
http://blog.laptopmag.com/sprint-spark-hands-on-1-gbps

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4950-sprint-spark-official-name-for-the-tri-band-network-was-sprint-to-demo-its-25ghz-network-technology/page-5

• Like 1

So does anyone have a tri-band hotspot to test out the supposed 60Mbps through put that was turned on today?

faster.sprint.com

Gosh I wish.  These speeds are starting to get ridiculous in the best possible way.  My ISP can only get 25mbps down lol.

Oh I have cox. Bright house doesn't come to my house. Cox and centurylink have a duopoly.

To my complete and utter dismay, they don't have Brighthouse here in Jax. If they did I have would have their 40mbps plan for what I am playing now... I'm stiffed with Comcast.

This is being discussed in detail on another thread, but I thought you guys wouldn't want to miss this considering that Tampa is one of the launch city for it. Watcht the video:http://blog.laptopmag.com/sprint-spark-hands-on-1-gbpshttp://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4950-sprint-spark-official-name-for-the-tri-band-network-was-sprint-to-demo-its-25ghz-network-technology/page-5

When you say Tampa, do you mean Tampa, or Tampa market?

Obviously I live in St. Petersburg. That's why I ask. And of course I'm due for a upgrade in December.

Well I am sure St. Pete would get it if Tampa does.  Let's face it, Tampa is really two cities viewed as one lol.  I think its just the outlying cities and areas that may be questionable. 

I see tower guys working on the tower off of 13 ave n and 42nd st n. This tower has been live for a while now. I know they are working on Sprint panels because I have zero bars but still ha data. Things that make you go hmmmm.

Me too. Maybe Ericsson doesnt know quite yet how to implement 800 voice and LTE seamlessly or maybe they are making 1900 evdo and LTE first priority and will start when 85-90% of it is finished. Just my 2 cents

They started in my area with 1x800 and were working quickly but then stopped dead since none of it worked. A week later they got it working. Then a month later shut it off everywhere. Nothing but crickets since then.

I guess 800 voice and data might take a lot longer than anyone planned.

They started in my area with 1x800 and were working quickly but then stopped dead since none of it worked. A week later they got it working. Then a month later shut it off everywhere. Nothing but crickets since then.

Had to stop in at Brandon Mall today.  Grabbed something to eat in the food court and decided to run a speed test while I was there.  21.18 down and 4.68 up, not too shabby for being indoors.

Interesting, I was there Saturday night at the Brass Tap and it was slow as molasses. Using Facebook was painfully slow for my wife.

WOW! All I am hearing in TPA lately is crickets.  My Note II still has issues connecting to LTE when it is available.  no matter how many times I drive through and area where LTE is strong, I still have to do airplane mode alot to get it to connect.

I'm kinda getting frustrated with my lte. I was getting great speeds at my house a couple of months ago (16megs down peak was 33megs down). Now I get 2-3 down (if I'm in my driveway). When I call sprint, they tell me that the towers in my area are performing normally. My contract is up, and I'm kinda on the fence.

I'm kinda getting frustrated with my lte. I was getting great speeds at my house a couple of months ago (16megs down peak was 33megs down). Now I get 2-3 down (if I'm in my driveway). When I call sprint, they tell me that the towers in my area are performing normally. My contract is up, and I'm kinda on the fence.

I've noticed the same thing at home get around 5 meg where it used to be 20. Can't tell the difference unless you run speed tests though as even 2 meg is plenty for Netflix or YouTube.

I've noticed the same thing at home get around 5 meg where it used to be 20. Can't tell the difference unless you run speed tests though as even 2 meg is plenty for Netflix or YouTube.

Could simply be due to the number of people riding Sprint's single LTE carrier.  Good news for you guys is that Band-41 is live and well in Tampa.  A triband phone will give you all the capacity you need and 40+ mbps speedtests to boot. 

If you have wifi this shouldnt matter. I have a wifi ac router and love the increased speeds from the G2.