Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

I drove down 275 from Busch to the airport and stayed connected to Band 41 most of the way. The handoffs were seamless. There was a place where I guess there are ecsfb issues near Countryside Mall. Where my Evo and my wife's Evo connected to LTE, the S4T didnt. The tower in the area would not let me connect to LTE unless I was in LTE only mode and only band 25 even though there is a tower broadcasting band 41. If I toggled airplane mode it would briefly connect to Band 25 and then kick me off. Btw the airport area is horrible still although now with the S4T I can get a usuable Band 41 signal there.

• Like 1

It will be interesting now to see how our area achieves completion.  There are still some sites not yet showing any progress, albeit a small amount, and in the critical areas near the airport as well.  Working at the airport I have to say I've never roamed so much before in areas I used to have a great signal.  Right now I think part of the system at the airport is down... has to be.

Anybody in the Tampa Bay area have a tri band phone and have trouble connecting to some sites because of eCSFB issues specifically Band 41? The Brandon area seems to be the worst. If I disable Band 41 on my S4T I have no problems. I think some of the old Clear sites are not properly integrated into the system and is knocking my phone off of the CSFB network and keeping me on 3G. It's only when I get near the sites that have the old Clear Band 41 sites with no Sprint on the towers.

Anybody in the Tampa Bay area have a tri band phone and have trouble connecting to some sites because of eCSFB issues specifically Band 41? The Brandon area seems to be the worst. If I disable Band 41 on my S4T I have no problems. I think some of the old Clear sites are not properly integrated into the system and is knocking my phone off of the CSFB network and keeping me on 3G. It's only when I get near the sites that have the old Clear Band 41 sites with no Sprint on the towers.

There's a band 41 tower in Jax that I have the same suspicions of. Probably best to report it to Dan's office.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Update: there is a new issue, Band 26 (LTE 800) seems to be in a donut mode or something somewhere because it will connect for a second then boot me off of the CSFB network. The area it's happening is near I-4 and I-75 the same area where 6 months ago I found my first 1x800 signal coincidently. Below is a screenshot to prove I connected, look at the upload download channel. This also happened near Tampa airport.

post-517-0-06268400-1393728462_thumb.png

Update: there is a new issue, Band 26 (LTE 800) seems to be in a donut mode or something somewhere because it will connect for a second then boot me off of the CSFB network. The area it's happening is near I-4 and I-75 the same area where 6 months ago I found my first 1x800 signal coincidently. Below is a screenshot to prove I connected, look at the upload download channel. This also happened near Tampa airport.

EARFCN puts it at low 2500 mhz range ie 2530 mhz. EARFCN for lte 800 is 26xxx FL and 8xxx.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Yep looks like it.Sent from my Nexus 5

That would make sense, there is a solo Clear site nearby. There are several old solo Clear sites that are broadcasting LTE that are not integrated into the Sprint network that will knock me off of LTE until I toggle airplane. 75% in the county are fine the others knock me off. How would I even attempt to contact tech support and tell them what's happening? The quick fix now is disabling band 41.

Anybody in the Tampa Bay area have a tri band phone and have trouble connecting to some sites because of eCSFB issues specifically Band 41?

I'm starting to have this issue at home. Disabling band 41 seems to keep me connected but 3g only. I'll be traveling to Brandon soon so I'll see what happens outside of my area. I'm really rooting for sprint, been with them for a decade, but this transition is been rough.

I'm starting to have this issue at home. Disabling band 41 seems to keep me connected but 3g only. I'll be traveling to Brandon soon so I'll see what happens outside of my area. I'm really rooting for sprint, been with them for a decade, but this transition is been rough.

On some sites disabling band 41 doesn't help. The sites that have 4G upgrades only without the 3G are the ones that seem to have the problems the most.

I don't want specific premier info, but has there been any band 26 acceptance in this market or Florida?

No

Edit: I would also like to add a sad face :( to this because I really wish there was lol

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Probably a matter of weeks now before some start broadcasting.

Thats what I've been hoping for. The next few months look big for a lot of markets for b26. Just wish it would happen already

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk