Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

If I'm 'updating' from a release S4 to a G2, will I notice a difference in better service?     I'm working at the FDOT off Mckinley.   Where I work is in a Spark area now too, but it's just on the edge where the service ends.    I was going to upgrade to an S5, but I really didn't want to do that since the S5 didn't interest me that much.   I rather wait for the Note 3 or iPhone 6.   If I do get better service with this G2, then I'll have to upgrade my wife to something better quick.

If I'm 'updating' from a release S4 to a G2, will I notice a difference in better service?     I'm working at the FDOT off Mckinley.   Where I work is in a Spark area now too, but it's just on the edge where the service ends.    I was going to upgrade to an S5, but I really didn't want to do that since the S5 didn't interest me that much.   I rather wait for the Note 3 or iPhone 6.   If I do get better service with this G2, then I'll have to upgrade my wife to something better quick.

Since B26 seems to be progressing well in Tampa, besides the eCSFB issues, then yes you will notice service between the two phones once those issues are resolved. 

It's pretty much sucks that half of Tampa's towers are not broadcasting LTE as of Friday because of the B26 upgrades. This confirms my suspicion that csfb has to be put on each band or it will knock triband phones off LTE.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

It's pretty much sucks that half of Tampa's towers are not broadcasting LTE as of Friday because of the B26 upgrades. This confirms my suspicion that csfb has to be put on each band or it will knock triband phones off LTE.

That problem lasted between 1 and 2 weeks in the Kansas market when they fired up B26 all over the place. That was a little over a month ago. Now, it works perfectly all over the market.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

That problem lasted between 1 and 2 weeks in the Kansas market when they fired up B26 all over the place. That was a little over a month ago. Now, it works perfectly all over the market.

Sent from my Nexus 5

That's good to know. It seems about a dozen sites or more were upgraded to B26 at once last week.

That's good to know. It seems about a dozen sites or more were upgraded to B26 at once last week.

y3utaqyq.jpg

Just by chance I checked and I have some B26 over on Falkenburg near US 301!

• Like 2

You are lucky because your on a iPhone too so your able to use it. Triband phones can't yet because of csfb.

Of course, right as I read your response I start cycling B26 > B25 > EVDO > nothing > EVDO, lol. Definitely a work in progress, but very promising.

B26 is all over from Spring Hill to Tampa bit it's still not patched with csfb. People with triband phones who don't know tech stuff must be returning their phones in droves thinking there is something wrong because they don't get LTE anymore. Sprint could have saved money by texting or communicating with customers that LTE would be down for a week or two while they upgrade the towers. I mean it's bad, if I didn't have Band 26 disabled I would loose Lte almost everywhere the last two weeks.

B26 is all over from Spring Hill to Tampa but it's still not patched with csfb. People with triband phones who don't know tech stuff must be returning their phones in droves thinking there is something wrong because they don't get LTE anymore. Sprint could have saved money by texting or communicating with customers that LTE would be down for a week or two while they upgrade the towers. I mean it's bad, if I didn't have Band 26 disabled I would loose Lte almost everywhere the last two weeks.

Does anyone know about how much longer it will take them to finish the band 26 work?

Kind of early in the B26 rollout to really guesstimate. I don't think anyone has really observed enough to be able to throw out an accurate idea.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I've observed about 15 towers that have B26 on it so far from Tampa to Brooksville. Unfortunately all of them don't have the eCSFB patch yet so it only works when I'm in LTE only mode.

Yay! B26 has the csfb software in place in at least two places, one being my work near Linebaugh and Dale Mabry in Tampa. The other was near 54 and Meadow Pointe in Wesley Chapel. Phone calls, data, and texts go through fine. Here is a speedtest.

avymutes.jpg

post-517-139903499721_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I wonder why band 26 speeds never exceed 20 mbps. Doesnt seem like 5x5 to me.

Yay! B26 has the csfb software in place in at least two places, one being my work near Linebaugh and Dale Mabry in Tampa. The other was near 54 and Meadow Pointe in Wesley Chapel. Phone calls, data, and texts go through fine. Here is a speedtest.

What's up with that flooding today? Getting mad USF alerts while I'm on vacation lol.

hopefully not underwater yet!

I'm moving down at the end of may (St. Pete).  So how's band 41 and b26 coming along?  Doubtful we'll have spark update by then (before Google IO) so how is eCSFB working with .15 and b41/26??

thanks, looking foward to the weather!

hopefully not underwater yet!

I'm moving down at the end of may (St. Pete).  So how's band 41 and b26 coming along?  Doubtful we'll have spark update by then (before Google IO) so how is eCSFB working with .15 and b41/26??

thanks, looking foward to the weather!

I live in st. Pete and have found quite a bit of b26. Its been getting better every day it seems. My fastest download speeds so far are better than 76 megs down. (Obviously a lot higher than average).

I still can't believe all the issues around Tampa International Airport. One tower on Westshore and Spruce still does not have csfb enabled on it and the airport tower seems to be down. I was at International Mall and I had eHRPD but no data. There is some Band 26 available now tho in spots.

• Like 1

I still can't believe all the issues around Tampa International Airport. One tower on Westshore and Spruce still does not have csfb enabled on it and the airport tower seems to be down. I was at International Mall and I had eHRPD but no data. There is some Band 26 available now tho in spots.

You're right.  I work at the airport.  More times than not I am roaming in different spots in the airport.  I don't think the airport site on one side of the building is even operating.  When at the airport inside the bldg and outside I seem to be connected most to the Veterans Expy site.  Not sure what is going on, but at one time I thought I saw the new cabinets put in place, but other than that, all other carriers have updated their site at the airport on the Marriott, but not Sprint.  It's frustrating that my colleagues all opted for other carriers who have updated their site at the airport and I'm awaiting the day that Sprint completes the work there.  I am sure there is some reason for the delay.

Band 26 seems to be on 80% of LTE accepted sites now. Csfb is on most of them now too. The only problem I'm having is when my connection drops to 3G when going from a band 26 site to a band 41 connection.

• Like 1

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 18 November 2011

ya as said above.. we will se galaxy nexus summer 2012 as a samsung lte device for sprint.

Hopefully we get a huge acceptance report soon.