Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

One question Robert might be able to answer that if a site is completed and accepted but not yet turned on, do they have to send someone to the site to fire it up for LTE, or can this be done remotely? Are there techs who go out then and make adjustments to adjacent sites to avoid interference, or is all of this done remotely as well?

There's really no way to answer this, unfortunately. Because it depends on why it's not live. It can be turned on remotely, if it was shut down remotely. If there is a physical problem, then a site visit would be required. And in this instance, I have no idea what the issue is. :(

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

There's really no way to answer this, unfortunately. Because it depends on why it's not live. It can be turned on remotely, if it was shut down remotely. If there is a physical problem, then a site visit would be required. And in this instance, I have no idea what the issue is. :(

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Thanks Robert for the follow-up.  One more question if you have the time (I know you're busy).  When they start a new one, are there area signal reports done or visits to adjacent sites (or antenna tilts) to insure the newly added site is covering well with no interference, or is a new site just turned on.  Wasn't sure if they could monitor the others remotely and tell if changes are needed when a new site comes online and make changes remotely or if it required boots on the ground to check the others to make changes.

So is anyone else getting worse 3G and LTE now that our market has officially gone live?  very often my Note II and my wife's S4 will loose data all together. happens alot around IP, and on 275/I4 between west shore and I-75.

Our Phones show full signal but no 3G/4G logos, can make calls and send text. but says no data connection when trying to open a web page or app that requires data.  I called Sprint to report it, told them they need to send out field engineers to the area, and they said ok I'll make a note of it, almost sarcastically, and then hung up.

• Like 1

@thtguyuknw's I too have had this issue. I have called Sprint (of course they tell you to bring in your phone) and they tell me they see upgrades for the area coming within 90 days...I get frustrated by not being able to have reliable data coverage, but keep trying to be optimistic.

Edited by Troyhe98

@thtguyuknw's I too have had this issue. I have called Sprint (of course they tell you to bring in your phone) and they tell me they see upgrades for the area coming within 90 days...I get frustrated by not being able to have reliable data coverage, but keep trying to be optimistic.

Funny, my initial attempt to respond to this message on my phone I had same no data problem. I do run across this issue at least once a day.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Did some mapping yesterday, nothing new where I went. I did notice however at home I was roaming and connecting to different sites yesterday as well as when I left for work at 3am this morning. I can only hope the tower, which had had panels on it for some time now, is undergoing some work to make LTE live soon. The tower I am referring to us located on the northeast side of the panther trace subdivision in Riverview.

I am roaming all the time lately.  especially up in NPR where I live. I would hope that means upgrades are on the way.  It is so sad that the TPA board has gone from everyone being optimistic to now most of us have become curmudgeon.  :P

Doesn't even seem that long. Thanks for the update. That damn near completes the North to South route now with the tower at Ulmerton and 66th. Now that I think about it that tower is a real linchpin in coverage. It completes Pinellas Park and likely gives continuous coverage into Seminole

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

It just came online this morning. It should help the overloaded tower on Busch and 50th, LTE comes to a crawl when Busch Gardens is packed.

Geez I just realized I haven't been to Busch Gardens in forever lol. 

Ok, here is an update for you South Shore folks (Riverview, Apollo Beach, etc.).  First of all, the tower in Apollo Beach on Miller Mac is now live with LTE.  I did some mapping today.  Also there is active work going on two towers on 301.  Both appear to be in the beginning phases and I'm not sure yet who they are doing work for, but the big tower on 301 between Bloomingdale and Riverview Dr. has tower dogs on it, as well as the tower on 301 south of Gibsonton/Boyette Rd.  I'll keep an eye on those and let you know what I find out.  Nice to see some work going on around here as we've been relatively stagnant around this way.  I'm still surprised the tower at Brandon Mall doesn't have live LTE yet.

so the one LTE update on the acceptance report is the tower closest to my job. Want to tell you guys what my indoor reception is like but I'm stuck in RevA right now

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I found a new tower lit on 1st St. N.E. and about 60 Ave. N.E. in St. Pete. I mapped a little.

On another note, on my last couple of passes to and from work I've had a strong lte signal on 275 at Dale Mabry (in the -60s.

I'm praying that the tower that went live by my job gets some adjustments done..I have zero coverage at my job.  I expected at the very least a weak signal but its actually non-existent for most of the day..

On another note, on my last couple of passes to and from work I've had a strong lte signal on 275 at Dale Mabry (in the -60s.

The building just south of the 275/Dale Mabry intersection has new panels on it. It might be live or testing.
  • Like 1