Network Vision/LTE - San Diego Market

ferhusky

I've noticed that on Sprint's maps, for the most part, the sites that show two speed upgrades are the ones with LTE.

interesting ... i looked at your theory and its looks semi sound, nice.

Edited by bugzy

There are also some data-speed-upgraded sites that just popped up in Spring Valley. I'm going to go mapping later this morning.

My Galaxy Nexus didn't pick them up, but my wife's GSIII got one of them. Here it is:

Screenshot_2013-02-26-14-22-18.png

Also note that little patch at the top of the map near Spring St in La Mesa.

I picked up 4G in the Imperial Beach area tonight! Will try to do some more mapping tomorrow' date='[/quote']

I just found it on my way to IB pets.

post-5515-0-52951600-1361934043_thumb.png

[ATTACH]2482[/ATTACH]

Edit: going up and down Palm Ave. I get LTE from 10th Street to almost the 5 on ramp. I went up and around 13th street and got a signal up until the Navy base.

• Like 1

Monitoring "2 speed upgrades" is helpful. However, not all sites showing "2 speed upgrades" have LTE. If they received legacy T1 upgrades prior to NV starting, it can throw this off.

Also, occasionally the LTE can be accepted before the 3G. When this happens it will only show 1 speed upgrade for the live LTE site. But it can be worth checking out when you see 2 speed upgrades.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Robert,

Do you know what is happening with San Diego LTE being turned on for a few days and then being turned off? I thought once LTE was activated, Sprint would leave it on even if the market hasn't officially launched. I guess I hate being teased, lol.

Robert,

Do you know what is happening with San Diego LTE being turned on for a few days and then being turned off? I thought once LTE was activated, Sprint would leave it on even if the market hasn't officially launched. I guess I hate being teased, lol.

He said sometime in the last 17 pages of this thread until LTE is officially launched it should be considered in a testing phase, and any site can go live, or not, at any time.

^^

This.

Towers can be in any stage of testing when you happen to come across the signal. It is not unusual to see the signal come and go for weeks at a time.

If this happens after a market launches, you can call Sprint and see what's up. But until then, just be surprised every time you see that 4G icon :)

• Like 1