Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

I'd settle for something better than 3G data speed in so called LTE areas. And I'm talking Milwaukee / Waukesha not the boonies.

You need a Sprint Triband device.  Life will suck on Sprint LTE on a Uniband device.  In coverage and speed.

• Like 1

I'd settle for something better than 3G data speed in so called LTE areas. And I'm talking Milwaukee / Waukesha not the boonies.

According to both Sensorly and the Milwaukee sponsor threads, you should have very good coverage.  My daughter & son-in-law live near UWM and have a G3 and a GS3 respectively, and both get excellent voice and data all over the area, although my daughter's is better because she's on a tri-band.  Nonetheless, my s-i-l has no connection or speed issues, even on a uniband phone.

But, as Robert says, if you can upgrade, things will be better.

EDIT: If you are on an iPhone 5s, life should also be good,  (My wife has a 5c, and connects everywhere, but we live in exurban Chicago, not Milwaukee. We we do drive up, she has no connection issues.)

• Like 1

IPhone 5s in a full orange area on all maps. Look at 53020 also. Shows full strength. Real data speeds are not even 3G. In West Allis and Waukesha very marginal speeds outside. Inside is awful.

It may be time for you to move to a new carrier if Sprint isn't meeting your needs with a 5s.  It really isn't going to get better in many of those locations as most towers are updated, save for a couple kind of in that area.  B26 (800MHz) is going to carry the weight of coverage indoors and your 5s can get that.  However, for outdoor speeds the upcoming B41 will help.  These are just the facts, as was observed long ago, with the tower setup for the Milwaukee area, Sprint isn't going to have great coverage.  They need more towers and that's not going to happen for a while or ever. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

IPhone 5s in a full orange area on all maps. Look at 53020 also. Shows full strength. Real data speeds are not even 3G. In West Allis and Waukesha very marginal speeds outside. Inside is awful.

I know you may think we are Sprint defenders, but it sounds like there could be something wrong with your phone. I'm sure iPhone has a way to do a profile update like Android does.. Maybe try that.

Sprint isn't perfect but your experience isn't normal. And if it is the 5S you have 2 band LTE so you should have overall good service.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Appreciate it but it's an ironic answer.

Then it is your device.  There are quite a few people that frequently travel around the Waukesha area from these forums that never have any complaints.  Sprint has improved tremendously in WI.  I joined Sprint last November and live in an area with horrible cell spacing (Sauk Prairie/Baraboo area on the edge of Sprint service), but I don't have any issues with signal if remotely near a site. 

Definitely sounds like either a couple of unique dead/overloaded zones at the time or a device issue. I spend quite a bit of time ask over the area and only time I have unusable service is at the State Fair Park area during an event.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Definitely sounds like either a couple of unique dead/overloaded zones at the time or a device issue. I spend quite a bit of time ask over the area and only time I have unusable service is at the State Fair Park area during an event.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Whenever I see Menomonee under your avatar, I think Mahna Mahna...Do do do do doo!

I'll actually sing, "Menomonee!  Do do do do doo!" instead sometimes.  My kids think I'm a hoot.

• Like 4

Whenever I see Menomonee under your avatar, I think Mahna Mahna...Do do do do doo!

I'll actually sing, "Menomonee! Do do do do doo!" instead sometimes. My kids think I'm a hoot.

I always, always sing Menomonee ever since I heard it exists. HA ha

sent from an underwater dust storm with my Sprint S5

• Like 1

They must have adjusted the towers here in baraboo no more b26 at my mom's cabin :(. But 3g is better then before at -90 which I'm totally okay with. Still rough Getting anything inside though. But that's all carriers.

They must have adjusted the towers here in baraboo no more b26 at my mom's cabin :(. But 3g is better then before at -90 which I'm totally okay with. Still rough Getting anything inside though. But that's all carriers.

That's weird, I was just out there yesterday. On hwy W just east of 113 right? I had a very good connection around there. In fact all around town I noticed much a much better B26 signal.

That's weird, I was just out there yesterday. On hwy W just east of 113 right? I had a very good connection around there. In fact all around town I noticed much a much better B26 signal.

My phone seems to be allergic to b26 sometimes. It will prefer a strong 3g signal almost every time. Even if the b26 I get is very usable. I don't get it. Haha

Just giving my input, only issues I have are during an event also. The network continues to improve as time goes on. Could have it worse.... I was driving I-80 from Salt Lake City to Wendover yesterday and most of the time I was at 1X.

Based on member requests, we will extend this offer through 12 Noon on Saturday, October 18th. You would also get North Wisconsin as a bonus.

I wonder why that map might be just lying around for you to use....  :lol:

• Like 2

Based on member requests, we will extend this offer through 12 Noon on Saturday, October 18th. You would also get North Wisconsin as a bonus.

I have to take you up on this offer!  Love the site for everything I have learned. Money has been sent.

• Like 2