Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

Definitely some work going on near Hwy 100 & Edgerton the last couple days. For the last several months I've had decent LTE (on 1900) and great 1x800 signal at work (battery life was 100% improved over the non-NV network). Yesterday and today, my phone is practically burning a hole in my pocket and the battery drained completely yesterday because of crappy signal. Since most nearby towers have been 'green' for a while, I suspect it's related to B26 work, but who knows... I really can't wait until I can upgrade in July to a Tri-band device. 

Oh one last Madison related note, the call quality and service in my office has dramatically improved in the past 2 weeks.  I had a crystal clear call without static and without choppiness today for about 25 minutes.  Amazing difference from earlier this year on 1x800 in exact same location.  I'm still grabbing 1x800 from the same tower on University Ave my SignalCheck claims, but its a lot better.  Maybe this HD voice will actually work???? ;)

Now just need Sprint to start selling that 32GB S5 on Friday.  Has anyone heard if they will sell the 32GB model at all? (much less Friday?) 

Not sure what happened to Uecker87's post, but he's right, there's a permit in March for what must be Band 41 addition of 3 antennas to the Post Office Tower at Stoughton and Milwaukee St. 

https://www.cityofmadison.com/dpced/bi/permitReports/

DYNvSpz.png

Edited by mmark27
  • Like 1

Not sure what happened to Uecker87's post, but he's right, there's a permit in March for what must be Band 41 addition of 3 antennas to the Post Office Tower at Stoughton and Milwaukee

A mod took it down... I am not entirely sure as to why since it isn't something where I got the info from a sponsored forum. I found that piece of info myself. Hopefully they will let your post stay here. It is a good sign that B41 might start showing up soon!

A mod took it down... I am not entirely sure as to why since it isn't something where I got the info from a sponsored forum. I found that piece of info myself. Hopefully they will let your post stay here. It is a good sign that B41 might start showing up soon!

Well its their site, but you pay the bills. That's a public piece of information on the city of Madison website and should be allowed in a public forum. That's allowable by their rules, unless they've changed their terms.

I'll be checking May 1 for the April reports......and I'll be staring at my tower again.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Well its their site, but you pay the bills. That's a public piece of information on the city of Madison website and should be allowed in a public forum. That's allowable by their rules, unless they've changed their terms.

I'll be checking May 1 for the April reports......and I'll be staring at my tower again.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I will be checking as well.  Seeing as that one has a date of 3/28, I am hoping that a lot more show up in the next permit report. 

I wish it was on the west side of town...  Then I would've started swinging by there on my way home from work to see if anything is being done, but that's a little too far out of my way. 

• Like 1

Got the Galaxy S5 today and so far really like it.

I did notice in SignalCheck Pro I only get an LTE connection, no 1xRTT

Haven't tried to make a voice call yet, but did run a speed test and got 5-6 Mbps down and 3-5 Mbps up.

SC Pro no longer shows my tower though.

Got the Galaxy S5 today and so far really like it.

I did notice in SignalCheck Pro I only get an LTE connection, no 1xRTT

Haven't tried to make a voice call yet, but did run a speed test and got 5-6 Mbps down and 3-5 Mbps up.

SC Pro no longer shows my tower though.

Welcome to Triband. You only get one band at a time due to a single radio path. Make a call and you'll drop lte and go to a voice connection.

Nexus 5 user in Wauwatosa here. Since I got the "Your new network is ready" email today, I'm curious if Sprint's work in the greater Milwaukee area is nearing completion. Thoughts? Opinions?

Edited by Taxman

Nexus 5 user in Wauwatosa here. Since I got the "Your new network is ready" email today, I'm curious if Sprint's work in the greater Milwaukee area is nearing completion. Thoughts? Opinions?

Not even close. Band 26 is just now starting to be installed and that's not close to being done.

Thanks. I thought it was odd, but over all am satisfied with the phone.

Sprint did remove the Download Booster that would allow you to download over Wi-Fi and LTE at the same time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Premier Sponsors need to post Band 26 and Band 41 info in the Premier Sponsor section. Even if they obtain it. Only non Sponsors can post their information they obtain in public sections.

Sponsors and Premier Sponsor use our info every day to help them. It's the foundation they use to search. It's what drives them to even want to search. And thusly, you should post that info you obtain back in the appropriate Sponsor categories when you find it. If the information is given away, it will be the end of S4GRU. Why would anyone Sponsor the site?

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Premier Sponsors need to post Band 26 and Band 41 info in the Premier Sponsor section. Even if they obtain it. Only non Sponsors can post their information they obtain in public sections.

Sponsors and Premier Sponsor use our info every day to help them. It's the foundation they use to search. It's what drives them to even want to search. And thusly, you should post that info you obtain back in the appropriate Sponsor categories when you find it. If the information is given away, it will be the end of S4GRU. Why would anyone Sponsor the site?

I completely understand Robert.  I was unsure of the rules so I messaged COZisBack for clarification after posting (I will admit I should've asked first).  I apologize for putting some information out there. 

Milwaukee market members -- Go Premier!!!  I'm in the process of trying to build a Milwaukee B26 map for the Premier Sponsor forums (and probably, eventually, a B41 map as well).  Certainly could use some help as the only areas I frequently visit are in the Madison/Baraboo area. 

I completely understand Robert. I was unsure of the rules so I messaged COZisBack for clarification after posting (I will admit I should've asked first). I apologize for putting some information out there.

Milwaukee market members -- Go Premier!!! I'm in the process of trying to build a Milwaukee B26 map for the Premier Sponsor forums (and probably, eventually, a B41 map as well). Certainly could use some help as the only areas I frequently visit are in the Madison/Baraboo area.

No worries.

Milwaukee market members -- Go Premier!!!  I'm in the process of trying to build a Milwaukee B26 map for the Premier Sponsor forums (and probably, eventually, a B41 map as well).  Certainly could use some help as the only areas I frequently visit are in the Madison/Baraboo area. 

If you need help building a base for that map, let me know. Here to help! ;)

• Like 1

okay, I'm back guys.  I understand now what drives this site, where the $ goes, and thank you Robert for your explanations and understanding. 

Not sure where all these messages keep going, but you'll see this via email perhaps. :)

Everyone should donate money here to keep this going.

• Like 1

For those Premier Sponsors following this thread, please check out the new Milwaukee Market Premier thread.  

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5823-milwaukee-market-including-madison-premier-thread/

Uecker87's been doing some good work over there already. 

Nice. I didn't "follow" the main Band 26 acceptances thread cuz it was nation-wide and I didn't really care to hear people in other states talk about their sweet sweet band 26. I always just check in to see the map every so often.