Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

Can't be long, they've been working on it almost daily for the past week.

Yup, been getting out of class late and have seen some activity. Just a long waiting game :P

well from what i knowa local company named aereonet hold the license for that band in Puerto Rico

It's not like there's just one license for the entire island. Yes, that company Aeronet does have five EBS licenses on the island. However, Clearwire holds three out of the four BRS licenses as well as an additional twelve EBS licenses. When the time comes, Clearwire will have no problem deploying TD-LTE on band 41 anywhere on the island that they need to.

FWIW, AT&T also holds four EBS licenses on the island.

• Like 4

More capacity, theoretically higher speeds.

I just hope they implement some 800mhz love in Puerto rico. If the system is smart I would assume it would only give the user that lower frequency when needed.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

well from what i knowa local company named aereonet hold the license for that band in Puerto Rico

Rawvega already responded to your point, but as evidence of it, look at the Clearwire WiMax Protection Sites deployed around the island. They are deployed in EBS/BRS, the same band as LTE Band 41.

Robert

I just hope they implement some 800mhz love in Puerto rico. If the system is smart I would assume it would only give the user that lower frequency when needed.

No 800mhz in PR anytime soon as have been stated again and again.

No 800mhz in PR anytime soon as have been stated again and again.

Is not being deployed us either just yet. If they have licenses available what makes us so certain? Given the cement in pr, sprint must know it is important. They seem to be taking pr seriously.

Is not being deployed us either just yet.

Actually 800MHz SMR is being deployed in the conUS with CDMA 1x. LTE800 should start rolling out in the conUS by the end of year. When or if it'll hit Puerto Rico is anyone's guess at this juncture.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

More capacity, theoretically higher speeds.

That would be great for some areas, but it is not what is best for the island. If it is anything like wimax, I dont expect to get very much signal more than half a mile away,that is without includung the topography and concrete walls.

I see that spectrum being good in el choliseo, las justas, las fiestas de la calle san sebastian etc... the capacity in those places would be amazing. Most of the times I go to one of those parties phones are almost unusable.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I was at the choliseo last friday at the concert and I was using 4g. Could make calls, text etc..

Why is the nv upgrade giving us better coverage? To me it makes no sense. Better antenas?

Why is the nv upgrade giving us better coverage? To me it makes no sense. Better antenas?

You'er a sponsor and have access to a wealth of information pertaining to NV. Use it as this question has been asked many a times before and answered.

To people that haven't seen it.. basically the answer for improved coverage at the edges of cell service is the fact that the new antennas are much more efficient than the legacy panels in addition to the fact that RRU's are mounted extremely close to them. This allows the new setups to get as much as up to 20% better performance than the old ones which translates somwhere to the 5-10 dB range. This minor increase can mean the difference between usable service at the extreme edge of a cell site or no service / crappy service & can be sometimes viewed as increased coverage.

• Like 1

That would be great for some areas, but it is not what is best for the island. If it is anything like wimax, I dont expect to get very much signal more than half a mile away,that is without includung the topography and concrete walls.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

The thing is that with WiMax, the 2.5-2.6GHz spectrum was the primary and only spectrum being used. With LTE, that same spectrum will be used in a complementary role. That's makes a big difference right there.

I may have asked this already. Any android app that will show you on a map which cell tower you added connected to? I have tried several that are supposed to do this but none seem very accurate if they work at all.

I may have asked this already. Any android app that will show you on a map which cell tower you added connected to? I have tried several that are supposed to do this but none seem very accurate if they work at all.

Netmonitor will show you what site(1x) you are connected. Will not tell you what lte site you are connected.

Netmonitor will show you what site(1x) you are connected. Will not tell you what lte site you are connected.

I thought that on CDMA you only connected to one tower at a time. I guess that does not apply to Lte?

Signal check pro

I thought that on CDMA you only connected to one tower at a time. I guess that does not apply to Lte?