Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

San Juan is still missing several towers. Looking at the map I would say it's about 70 percent completed. Pretty soon we're going to need to find something new to b**** and moan about.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

in old san juan, they will start to work sometime on the next week.

in Canovanas, they have more than 1 month that they said the same words: "WE'RE WORKING TO UPGRADE"

I think at the Sprint PR news conference they mention that the VI should have lte by june.  

• Like 3

Well I haven't had any data, call quality has been poor and texts are not sending on either my One or my Evo for most of the day here in St.Thomas so maybe something is getting worked on as we speak.  I got to stay positive.

• Like 1

Where on island you located? I'm out on the east end and have no issues. 3g data speeds could be a bit faster, but I can't really complain compared to what we were used to.

See a speed test below:

Posted Image

Posted from my LG Optimus G.

Here in St . Croix vi I've seen speed of 800kbps to as much as 2300kbps on 3g. I have also seen eHRPD sometimes ....still waiting for completion.

Out on the East End of STT my 3g data has been consistently eHRPD on the Red Hook and St. John towers for at least the last few weeks, possibly more.

Can't wait to see the 4G in my status bar someday. I remember the first time using 4G on an EVO 4G stateside over WIMAX... It was awsome getting more Mbps on my phone than what I get at home from our local ISPs.

Below is a screen of the best speed test in my history:

Posted Image

Edited by eliezerlp

Well at the time I was located around the Havensight area, the tower that basically services that area is located on a hill just west of high school..  Several of my friends where having the exact same issues as well as the two sprint phones I walk with.  I did notice guys working on that tower after I left my office at 5pm today.  The tower by the entrance of wynberg had guys on it as well so hopefully things will get rolling very shortly.  

• Like 1

I was meaning to post off my phone early saying how my call quality and data has been flunctuating today, but I didn't have data to do it; I just had to hard reboot just to get back data.

Did they enable LTE on that cell site that's atop a building next to a Domino's and a Total on the carretera #2? The one that's near Caparra Club... Seems like they did, I think that's the closest cell site to my house in Tintillo and I'm now getting LTE inside the house (whereas before I only got LTE while standing outside).

Guess I'll find out when I drive out later, so far there's been no LTE so far around that general area (drive towards Bayamon or towards San Patricio and it picks back up tho).

I wonder why this area has been so slow to get wrapped up. I can see all those incomplete towers in the sponsors map.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

This is expected, as the sites left without LTE are the ones problematic to get backhaul. Every site with 3G accepted also have LTE equipment installed too. The sites that do not even have 3G accepted likely have issues with the site Owner or zoning/permitting. The final sites in the market take the longest.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Did they enable LTE on that cell site that's atop a building next to a Domino's and a Total on the carretera #2? The one that's near Caparra Club... Seems like they did, I think that's the closest cell site to my house in Tintillo and I'm now getting LTE inside the house (whereas before I only got LTE while standing outside).

Guess I'll find out when I drive out later, so far there's been no LTE so far around that general area (drive towards Bayamon or towards San Patricio and it picks back up tho).

I always ran a quick speedtest when I went to the gas station in front of the first bank to see if it was online but always got 4mb from another tower farther away. Yesterday I went to the gas station and I was getting 30mb+ consistently. So I am 100% sure that tower has been LTE enabled.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I always ran a quick speedtest when I went to the gas station in front of the first bank to see if it was online but always got 4mb from another tower farther away. Yesterday I went to the gas station and I was getting 30mb+ consistently. So I am 100% sure that tower has been LTE enabled.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Five sites just went live in Puerto Rico. This is probably one of the new ones.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

Robert, do you have the details of this sites? Where are they located?

View https://batchgeo.com/map/3dd1361dbd50d4da59742beda5f674f3">PR/VI Acceptances 5/30/2013 in a full screen map

They should make a marketing campaign or something about Park Gardens (probably the only place in San Juan without LTE),  that goes like "Sprint Puerto Rico -  If you ever, ever see LTE in Park Gardens, run for the Highest place available, call your entire family, and wait for Exodus, as it is signal the World is coming to an end"    end rant

Edited by herbert7890

They should make a marketing campaign or something about Park Gardens (probably the only place in San Juan without LTE),  that goes like "Sprint Puerto Rico -  If you ever, ever see LTE in Park Gardens, run for the Highest place available, call your entire family, and wait for Exodus, as it is signal the World is coming to an end"    end rant

:rolleyes:

Seems like Sprint had some outages with the cells that cover downtown St. Thomas. Out on the East End had outstanding coverage today, great data speeds and full bars.

Posted Image

@Robert, any idea what we are waiting on to light up 4G in the VI? Are we still waiting on backhaul...?

Seems like Sprint had some outages with the cells that cover downtown St. Thomas. Out on the East End had outstanding coverage today, great data speeds and full bars.

@Robert, any idea what we are waiting on to light up 4G in the VI? Are we still waiting on backhaul...?

It's my understanding that some of the backhaul is complete, but they will bring up each island as a whole when all the sites are ready.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1