Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

My peak speeds I get at certain hours havent increased but I get peak speeds more often through the day than before, so I don't have to wait till 6am to watch movies, I can watch it anytime(except during the daily slow down hours in my area which is 8pm to 11pm)

I have noticed this yesterday and today.

Service been gone for the last 24 hours in stx, shit pissing me off, when it comes back they better have LTE

LOL, I know the feeling.  I will be in St. Croix tomorrow and monday so hopfully things get worked out, I would hate to have to be there and not have any service at all.

Been getting very consistent speeds. No problem streaming media over 3g but voice is still an issue though.

Been getting very consistent speeds. No problem streaming media over 3g but voice is still an issue though.

Just wondering, do you notice faster 3G speeds in Atlanta than St.Thomas or are they the same?

Just wondering, do you notice faster 3G speeds in Atlanta than St.Thomas or are they the same?

I would definitely say faster average 3g speeds during peak times but it doesn't really matter since 99% of the time I am on lte anyway. 

My service just came back, still no LTE tho

Are you having issues where if someone calls you your phone will ring just fine but it wouldn't ring on their end at all and if you answer the phone  you can hear them but they can't hear you?

Are you having issues where if someone calls you your phone will ring just fine but it wouldn't ring on their end at all and if you answer the phone you can hear them but they can't hear you?

Nah everything is working good now, that was happening earlier in the week

Are you having issues where if someone calls you your phone will ring just fine but it wouldn't ring on their end at all and if you answer the phone  you can hear them but they can't hear you?

Lol..im havin this issue....i always have to call the lerson back..it works on n off

I've had a similar issue with my Airave, where I'll be able to initiate a call but it won't give a tone on my end nor can I hear the call recipient, but they can hear me just fine... I've just chalked it up to my crappy DSL, been leaving the Airave unplugged recently due to it.

According to Sprint they have had a voice/data outage from 6/7 with an ETA of being resolved today. I think the outage actually started earlier but likely went unreported.

I am often the first to log a network ticket, even 24-48 hours into an outage. I guess we are all so used to terrible service that we don't even bother. In case you all didn't know, you can ask them to note in your account the details of the outage and call back to get a credit once it has been resolved.

Not sure how difficult it is when going through regular CSRs to log a ticket but its pretty painless through the employee care line...

Speed test on the St. John tower from just now:

Posted Image

Posted from my LG Optimus G.

I've had a similar issue with my Airave, where I'll be able to initiate a call but it won't give a tone on my end nor can I hear the call recipient, but they can hear me just fine... I've just chalked it up to my crappy DSL, been leaving the Airave unplugged recently due to it.

I started having this issue the past week, I have DSL but that's probably not the reason, as the Airave had been working perfectly for more than two years (since March 2011). I get an echo on outgoing calls, while incoming ones seem to work fine.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

• Like 1

Yeah I get the echo too miguel, and that's all I hear, weird... What could possibly affect Airaves like that? My calls go thru just fine once I unplug it so Sprint must be screwing up calls routed over Airaves/broadband somehow.

Couldn't some sort of traffic shaping/QoS on the DSL provider's part cause it tho?

I just automatically jump to blaming them since I've had issues in the past where call audio gets corrupted/garbled during longer calls, was certain that was my broadband's fault, rather tired of the DSL really.

Having the Airave unplugged is a drag, drains my battery faster if I happen to leave the phone sitting in a corner of the house with weak/borderline signal.

Yeah I get the echo too miguel, and that's all I hear, weird... What could possibly affect Airaves like that?

SNIP

I called in to Airave Support and the tech, while very helpful, couldn't find any similar reports. He thought that it may be a speed issue with my ISP, but I've had the same speeds and service for a while with no problem.

He'll call me back on Wednesday, I'll ask him if an equipment exchange would work.

I suggest that you also call in to report it, if only so they have another report besides mine.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

It come back, I just hope all this means LTE is couple days away

i know they working..cuz i got hook ups at sprint...from here and mainland...so they are workin but no ETA man..kinda sucks...i cut my choice service cuz it was shitty! so i hangin for a bit b4 i put it back on then 4g come on..id be pissed!

i know they working..cuz i got hook ups at sprint...from here and mainland...so they are workin but no ETA man..kinda sucks...i cut my choice service cuz it was shitty! so i hangin for a bit b4 i put it back on then 4g come on..id be pissed!

They said by June, but we already in June, hopefully before July. Edited by wacko 11