The other day I was at my friends house in Dr. Phillips off of Wallace road and I had 1 bar of LTE for like a minute but the speed was very slow, then it switched back to 3G and I had a 1.5mbps Dl speed. Progress!

• Like 1

Yup......

3_GSPEED.jpg

We're all pretty much just masochistic people at this point. On some level, I'm sure most of us just enjoy following the rollout and looking forward to getting LTE more than actually having it. Living proof by the fact that we have Sprint.

Edited by gf11speed
  • Like 1

We're all pretty much just masochistic people at this point. On some level, I'm sure most of us just enjoy following the rollout and looking forward to getting LTE more than actually having it. Living proof by the fact that we have Sprint.

Haha isn't that the truth. I tell you, when I was living in Gardens and my 3g speeds bumped up to 2.3 mb download, I was ecstatic!  I was so excited that I could actually use my phone, outside of my house without having any issues. 

I do quite enjoy following the roll out. It excites me to see people posting about getting lte so close to my house, and if and when sprint gets their network 100% done, it will be far superior to ATT and Verizon and whatever else is claiming to have the best 4g network around.

Edited by jamisonshaw125

Mapped SR44 from I-4 in DeLand to outside Tavares yesterday. Just outside Tavares, LTE popped up and got some decent 5 meg downloads. DeLand is pretty much slow 3G or falling back to 1X but did spot 4G for literally 20 seconds. By the time I got to open speed test it was long gone.... Just glad it's all a work in progress.

• Like 1

I honestly already switched to T-Mobile, but I still follow the roll out to out of my interest in how wireless services are provided. Sprint was good to me, if they ever get their network together I will be right back with them.

I get to excited to have LTE nearly everywhere when I'm on a business trip in ATL that I almost end up finding excuses to use my data to make up for all the avoiding using my data I do here in Orlando.  :devil:

I get to excited to have LTE nearly everywhere when I'm on a business trip in ATL that I almost end up finding excuses to use my data to make up for all the avoiding using my data I do here in Orlando.  :devil:

What kind of LTE data speeds are you seeing in regular use in Atlanta?

I get to excited to have LTE nearly everywhere when I'm on a business trip in ATL that I almost end up finding excuses to use my data to make up for all the avoiding using my data I do here in Orlando. :devil:

What kind of LTE data speeds are you seeing in regular use in Atlanta?

Typically 4 to 8Mbps down during the day and as high as 20 down in the later hours. Essentially I can watch netflix anywhere with a strong signal and have it look nice.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

• Like 1

Does anyone know if there's any action going on in the New Smyrna Beach area? Have a sibling that resides there, and has gone through some rough times off and on with network/data over a long period of time with her Galaxy Epic 4G, and can't wait to upgrade to an S3 July 1. She's also aware of LTE being live in nearby Daytona, Deltona, and Sanford.

Does anyone know if there's any action going on in the New Smyrna Beach area? Have a sibling that resides there, and has gone through some rough times off and on with network/data over a long period of time with her Galaxy Epic 4G, and can't wait to upgrade to an S3 July 1. She's also aware of LTE being live in nearby Daytona, Deltona, and Sanford.

Used the 4G in Daytona. Returning pretty usable signal, even indoors. Its definitely a breath of fresh air seeing that 4G icon.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 2

Does anyone know if there's any action going on in the New Smyrna Beach area? Have a sibling that resides there, and has gone through some rough times off and on with network/data over a long period of time with her Galaxy Epic 4G, and can't wait to upgrade to an S3 July 1. She's also aware of LTE being live in nearby Daytona, Deltona, and Sanford.

Most of Daytona Beach & South Daytona and parts of Ormond and Port Orange have LTE now that are getting anywhere from 4-10mbps down & 1-4mbps up. If I had to guess I would say that the rest of Port Orange & any part of New Smyrna Beach won't see LTE for at least 3-4 months. I think it has more to do with getting fiber to the cell sites then getting the LTE pannels installed. 

Edited by scotthilt
  • Like 1

I'm in Orlando at Disney World. First off, when I got off the plane, all I got was roaming! Was surprised at that. Got LTE outside of the airport however, but that didn't last long. Driving down I-4 to Disney, all I got was 3G and it was super slow! No eHRPD either anywhere in Orlando, it's all EvDo-Rev. A

I'll have to say, that Orlando is awful for Sprint right now. Probably the worst I've ever experienced. I'm at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge and I mainly get Roaming, with maybe one bar of Sprint from time to time. Very disappointed in this market.

**A side note, I did pick up 1x 800 MHz on the plane flying down. Took a screenshot of the SignalCheck screen and it was Band Class 10 with an SID of 22429.

I'm in Orlando at Disney World. First off, when I got off the plane, all I got was roaming! Was surprised at that. Got LTE outside of the airport however, but that didn't last long. Driving down I-4 to Disney, all I got was 3G and it was super slow! No eHRPD either anywhere in Orlando, it's all EvDo-Rev. A

I'll have to say, that Orlando is awful for Sprint right now. Probably the worst I've ever experienced. I'm at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge and I mainly get Roaming, with maybe one bar of Sprint from time to time. Very disappointed in this market.

**A side note, I did pick up 1x 800 MHz on the plane flying down. Took a screenshot of the SignalCheck screen and it was Band Class 10 with an SID of 22429.

I was at Disney couple weeks ago. Got great signal and speed. Got 4g lte at Hollywood studios and magic kingdom. Most of the time at parks I got 4g. At akl the signal though is bad. Due to its location it's bad for most companies. When I force roam on Verizon I at l can at least get some data but it's still bad. All around Kissimmee the signal is great with great speeds. Can't wait till they increase it. All this was before they officially announced lte there.

Sent from the Great Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Orlando definitely has some bad spots, but it's really the touristy, non-LTE areas where the network suffers the most (in general).  I used to work behind the Animal Kingdom for years and can tell you that at best 3G was hit and miss and at worst was not bothering, particularly when the parks are busy as they are now.

That said, Orlando's biggest issue in my opinion is inconsistency at this point. There are days where I can get almost good speeds on 3G and other days where it seems like every single user is trying to stream all at the same time. I do think things will turn around eventually, but we're still very spotty with our LTE coverage and not too many towers have the new fancy 3G.

• Like 1

Orlando definitely has some bad spots, but it's really the touristy, non-LTE areas where the network suffers the most (in general). I used to work behind the Animal Kingdom for years and can tell you that at best 3G was hit and miss and at worst was not bothering, particularly when the parks are busy as they are now.

That said, Orlando's biggest issue in my opinion is inconsistency at this point. There are days where I can get almost good speeds on 3G and other days where it seems like every single user is trying to stream all at the same time. I do think things will turn around eventually, but we're still very spotty with our LTE coverage and not too many towers have the new fancy 3G.

Orlando Metro (Arena Area) turns decent 3G in the 2 down range, albeit at 3 am in the morning. As of late though, I've managed a respectable 0.75 down during rush hour. Maybe I've just always ran test during either off peak or lucky days. I can definitely relate to the airport being an oddball in the signal department though.

Orlando Metro (Arena Area) turns decent 3G in the 2 down range, albeit at 3 am in the morning. As of late though, I've managed a respectable 0.75 down during rush hour. Maybe I've just always ran test during either off peak or lucky days. I can definitely relate to the airport being an oddball in the signal department though.

I used to get great WiMAX speeds in the Downtown area back when I had a GS2, so it seems like perhaps they had already made some upgrades to towers there since I often found the data to be usable, even if it wasn't all that impressive. 

one thing i noticed about the Towers near the airport is that the internet does not work all the time for google apps, i was trying to use Google Wallet at the WaWa on Goldenrod and it would not load i have force the phone to use 3g when ever i am in that area, which sucks cause i live in that area.

• Like 1

Mapped SR44 from I-4 in DeLand to outside Tavares yesterday. Just outside Tavares, LTE popped up and got some decent 5 meg downloads. DeLand is pretty much slow 3G or falling back to 1X but did spot 4G for literally 20 seconds. By the time I got to open speed test it was long gone.... Just glad it's all a work in progress.

I mapped a little on sensorly too, I was on 17-92 from Orange city heading into Deland. It normally cuts off before Orange camp, but I held it to 15 A then about a half mile down 15 A. It's definitely a new tower lighting up. You can tell there is work going on my service has been crazy the past week (voice mails, drop calls etc.) typically its decent here in Deland.

• Like 1

Mapped SR44 from I-4 in DeLand to outside Tavares yesterday. Just outside Tavares, LTE popped up and got some decent 5 meg downloads. DeLand is pretty much slow 3G or falling back to 1X but did spot 4G for literally 20 seconds. By the time I got to open speed test it was long gone.... Just glad it's all a work in progress.

I mapped a little on sensorly too, I was on 17-92 from Orange city heading into Deland. It normally cuts off before Orange camp, but I held it to 15 A then about a half mile down 15 A. It's definitely a new tower lighting up. You can tell there is work going on my service has been crazy the past week (voice mails, drop calls etc.) typically its decent here in Deland.

I must say it usually is. June 2011 is the first time I started noticing the network crunch in the DeLand Orange City area. During the day, 0.6 down is still achievable through downtown deland. Currently coming from Orlando and lte is a nice 12 down, 3 up on the constant when I can get it.

Back to Deland, network has been on the random side as you said. Lately been on 1x most the time. I've even went to CDMA only mode to maximize the battery life until a little more solid coverage hits the West Volusia area. The day I can get decent 3G in any of the area Wal-Mart's would be nice enough :). Swear these places are solid bank vault steel around here.

I'm working in the Hunter's Creek area in Kissimmee and have to say, I'm finding the 3G speeds here to be quite alright. A nice change of pace for sure.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

would this happen to be near the turnpike?

I remember sitting out a crash clean, further down around yeehaw junction, at the canoe creek service plaza in January. Picked up 4G on my LG viper for a split sec then back to 3G but it was definitely instant loading of any website I threw at the network. Even before, like September 2012, the area would consistently do 1.7-2.3 down always. That was my first time seeing sprint get anywhere near those speeds.

Of course that's the whole 100+ mile section south of Kissimmee to Fort Pierce I'm talking about

Edited by WealthyHabitz