Posted Image

Yesterday, forgot to attach but, that's indoors at the McDonald's inside the Beville Rd Wal-Mart in South Daytona. (Nova & Beville Rd. )

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

I'm working in the Hunter's Creek area in Kissimmee and have to say, I'm finding the 3G speeds here to be quite alright. A nice change of pace for sure.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

would this happen to be near the turnpike?

I remember sitting out a crash clean, further down around yeehaw junction, at the canoe creek service plaza in January. Picked up 4G on my LG viper for a split sec then back to 3G but it was definitely instant loading of any website I threw at the network. Even before, like September 2012, the area would consistently do 1.7-2.3 down always. That was my first time seeing sprint get anywhere near those speeds.

Of course that's the whole 100+ mile section south of Kissimmee to Fort Pierce I'm talking about

Nearish to there. I'm at the loop now and seeing similar performance.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

I'm working in the Hunter's Creek area in Kissimmee and have to say, I'm finding the 3G speeds here to be quite alright. A nice change of pace for sure.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

would this happen to be near the turnpike?

I remember sitting out a crash clean, further down around yeehaw junction, at the canoe creek service plaza in January. Picked up 4G on my LG viper for a split sec then back to 3G but it was definitely instant loading of any website I threw at the network. Even before, like September 2012, the area would consistently do 1.7-2.3 down always. That was my first time seeing sprint get anywhere near those speeds.

Of course that's the whole 100+ mile section south of Kissimmee to Fort Pierce I'm talking about

Nearish to there. I'm at the loop now and seeing similar performance.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

I frequent there near the fall months most the time. Its nice the progress is being made

I frequent there near the fall months most the time. Its nice the progress is being made

Agreed, sadly the Celebration area is still left wanting though its probably about 5-10% better than it was before.

Agreed, sadly the Celebration area is still left wanting though its probably about 5-10% better than it was before.

Overall, I'd love to just see improvements on signal for battery life. With an SVDO capable Evo LTE (probably the few who care and use it often), don't really need much lte, though its nice for big downloads.

• Like 1

So my eHRPD signal has dropped into the -110 to -115 range and there's a huge 1XRTT dead spot in Ocoee where there used to be ok-ish eHRPD. Hopefully this means actual tower work is being done and isn't some sort of issue.

• Like 1

So my eHRPD signal has dropped into the -110 to -115 range and there's a huge 1XRTT dead spot in Ocoee where there used to be ok-ish eHRPD. Hopefully this means actual tower work is being done and isn't some sort of issue.

That happened before sensorly started showing LTE blips on the map in my area.

Sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk 4 beta

• Like 2

The Sprint tower on Oakridge Rd, just west of Orange Av, now has the same Sprint RRU design as the one at Winter Park PD...with one RRU on each side of the triangle shaped support rack on the tower.

Fingers crossed! Would be great if the rain would let up and let them get things done :-)

Sent from my Galaxy S3

• Like 1

Fingers crossed! Would be great if the rain would let up and let them get things done :-)

Sent from my Galaxy S3

I've been thinking the same thing basically the only issue other than possible backhaul and of course... Angry birds ha

Just noticed on my way into the publix on aloma ave, there is a new cell tower being built behind it and to the northwest. No equipment on it yet but its structure looks mostly complete

• Like 2

take that back, looking it up in the FCC, its apparently been there for quite sometime. Strange as I swear I've never seen it before, did find a lot of new Sprint antennas that have sprung up within the last month or so though.

• Like 1

antennaswinterpark.png

This is what I got from Antenna Search, which does get updated info from the carriers as well as the FCC, though it does note it can be inaccurate. The antenna and tower in question turned out to be at a Retirement community. 

Most of Daytona Beach & South Daytona and parts of Ormond and Port Orange have LTE now that are getting anywhere from 4-10mbps down & 1-4mbps up. If I had to guess I would say that the rest of Port Orange & any part of New Smyrna Beach won't see LTE for at least 3-4 months. I think it has more to do with getting fiber to the cell sites then getting the LTE pannels installed. 

I am getting a fairly consistent 4g beachside Daytona at my house, but my office is in south Port Orange (along US1) and the data connection is almost non-existent even in 3g. Voice signal is around 1 bar, and often goes to "roaming" outside. Inside the office the phone is a paperweight.  I have to recharge 3 times during the day. 3-4 months is a LONG time!!

I also frequent the Disney Parks. I consistently find the towers overloaded for data. I have a good signal (varies between 4g and 3g) but the data just doesn't flow.

It's a little frustrating, and at times I regret I had to leave Verizon. Then I remember the $100 a month I'm saving and figure I can wait it out.

• Like 3

Most of Daytona Beach & South Daytona and parts of Ormond and Port Orange have LTE now that are getting anywhere from 4-10mbps down & 1-4mbps up. If I had to guess I would say that the rest of Port Orange & any part of New Smyrna Beach won't see LTE for at least 3-4 months. I think it has more to do with getting fiber to the cell sites then getting the LTE pannels installed.

I am getting a fairly consistent 4g beachside Daytona at my house, but my office is in south Port Orange (along US1) and the data connection is almost non-existent even in 3g. Voice signal is around 1 bar, and often goes to "roaming" outside. Inside the office the phone is a paperweight. I have to recharge 3 times during the day. 3-4 months is a LONG time!!

I also frequent the Disney Parks. I consistently find the towers overloaded for data. I have a good signal (varies between 4g and 3g) but the data just doesn't flow.

It's a little frustrating, and at times I regret I had to leave Verizon. Then I remember the $100 a month I'm saving and figure I can wait it out.

The areas of Disney that do have 4G are much improved, so hopefully when the whole area is blanketed things will be good.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

The areas of Disney that do have 4G are much improved, so hopefully when the whole area is blanketed things will be good.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

My last visit was opening day of Star Wars Weekends, so I would imagine that capacity was taxed.

• Like 1

Sent from my Galaxy S3

My last visit was opening day of Star Wars Weekends, so I would imagine that capacity was taxed.

The Hyperspace Hoopla will do that!

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Posted Image

Did a speed test in Orange City on the north side of the Fish Memorial hospital, upload still faster than my home WiFi, inside a steel construction structure. . .

I am getting a fairly consistent 4g beachside Daytona at my house, but my office is in south Port Orange (along US1) and the data connection is almost non-existent even in 3g. Voice signal is around 1 bar, and often goes to "roaming" outside. Inside the office the phone is a paperweight.  I have to recharge 3 times during the day. 3-4 months is a LONG time!!

I used to attend FWC along US1 there, They had the same problem and since the congregation had a lot of sprint users(including staff) someone gave them a second airave they had. Roaming was also bad(I thought verizon had great density?) So I really doubt verizon would be any better on that signal vampire section of US1..

Edit: No signal or roaming inside the building? You are aware verizon provides most of the roaming here right?

I am getting a fairly consistent 4g beachside Daytona at my house, but my office is in south Port Orange (along US1) and the data connection is almost non-existent even in 3g. Voice signal is around 1 bar, and often goes to "roaming" outside. Inside the office the phone is a paperweight. I have to recharge 3 times during the day. 3-4 months is a LONG time!!

I used to attend FWC along US1 there, They had the same problem and since the congregation had a lot of sprint users(including staff) someone gave them a second airave they had. Roaming was also bad(I thought verizon had great density?) So I really doubt verizon would be any better on that signal vampire section of US1..

Edit: No signal or roaming inside the building? You are aware verizon provides most of the roaming here right?

I've always been confused about the roaming here. Verizon does the roaming or are we using a cheaper no name Telco for roaming? I mean I understand lack of 3G roaming is only a prl change but the partner in the Orlando market I thought was someone other than Verizon?

Don't quote me on it, can't even remember my source on that.

Actually I was not aware Verizon provided it, but when I had Verizon it was not much better. Data was not available with them either though I had a decent voice signal. I assumed for a long time it was the construction of the building (which still may play a major part) since the wi-fi signal is often wonky, but then I noticed I didn't have that good of a signal outside either.  It's really the only place in the Daytona area I've had problems with Sprint. The only other place so far I've been unhappy was St. Augustine.

• Like 1

I've always been confused about the roaming here. Verizon does the roaming or are we using a cheaper no name Telco for roaming? I mean I understand lack of 3G roaming is only a prl change but the partner in the Orlando market I thought was someone other than Verizon?

Don't quote me on it, can't even remember my source on that.

The only other possibility would be metro pcs I guess.

Actually I was not aware Verizon provided it, but when I had Verizon it was not much better. Data was not available with them either though I had a decent voice signal. I assumed for a long time it was the construction of the building (which still may play a major part) since the wi-fi signal is often wonky, but then I noticed I didn't have that good of a signal outside either.  It's really the only place in the Daytona area I've had problems with Sprint. The only other place so far I've been unhappy was St. Augustine.

Id have to agree, St. Augustine and US1 in Port Orange are the worst..

I'm going to assume this means work still continues, but 1xRTT for a data connection is agonizing. (Sandlake Rd/International Dr) I believe we are well into one month of progress, and I hope ro see improvements soon.

Sent via my Samsung Note II using Tapatalk.

uploadfromtaptalk1370564696510.jpg

I'm going to assume this means work still continues, but 1xRTT for a data connection is agonizing. (Sandlake Rd/International Dr) I believe we are well into one month of progress, and I hope ro see improvements soon.

Sent via my Samsung Note II using Tapatalk.

That seems to have gone away in Ocoee, but sadly I think Andrea is slowing progress towards LTE.

Sent from my Galaxy S3