OK so I'm at the lake Underhill and alafaya tower and it is not live yet but it was accepted. There are people working on the cabinets right now. Should be live in a few days.

AHA! I'll be back in a few days. That tower covers the Waterford town center and my apartment is 1 second away from the la fitness over there. I'm excited!
  • Like 1

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1374766517.284475.jpg

I4 and 434 tower being worked on. No clue if its sprint. Hard to drive and take pictures lol.

That is A LOT of racks. And we could probably spot our fellow S4GRU members just by looking for dudes obsessively taking photos of cell towers.

• Like 1

That is A LOT of racks. And we could probably spot our fellow S4GRU members just by looking for dudes obsessively taking photos of cell towers.

wait, so the more "racks" the more juice a single tower can pump out?

wait, so the more "racks" the more juice a single tower can pump out?

It's more an implication that it's likely a shared tower, but I don't know that for sure.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

It's more an implication that it's likely a shared tower, but I don't know that for sure.

Well.... With Waterford having a lot of people... I sure hope they supercharge that tower lol Edited by jamisonshaw125

Well.... With Waterford having a lot of people... I sure hope they supercharge that tower lol

I've experienced the unusable LTE in the Waterford area and I agree. They need as much capacity as they can manage there.

• Like 1

I took some pictures of the Sprint tower south of Lake Mary, on the north end of Longwood, and just west of Ronald Reagan (427). Click on the thumbnail for a high resolution shot. From what I can gather with my phone there is no LTE coming from the tower, but the 3G data speeds from my vantage point were pretty good: 1.5 Mbps download / 900 kbps upload / 110 ms ping on average.

vnlPxN8.jpg

Edited by characteristic
  • Like 3

I took some pictures of the Sprint tower south of Lake Mary, on the north end of Longwood, and just west of Ronald Reagan (427). Click on the thumbnail for a high resolution shot. From what I can gather with my phone there is no LTE coming from the tower, but the 3G data speeds from my vantage point were pretty good: 1.5 Mbps download / 900 kbps upload / 110 ms ping on average.

vnlPxN8.jpg

Welcome to the fam characteristic.

Can we burrow your camera? Thats a reaaaaly nice pic!

@l3x

• Like 3

vnlPxN8.jpg

Nice pic indeed. I never have anything with a zoom lens on me when I'm out and about, so I end up having to awkwardly take burst photos while driving by and hoping they come out :-)

I was driving home from work on the 528 and I saw this crane and guys working on the tower behind Aquatica. Hard to see from the picture because of the angle I took it at but pretty sure it's a sprint tower so I'm hoping this means LTE in the SeaWorld area soon! :)

image.jpg

• Like 1

OK so I'm at the lake Underhill and alafaya tower and it is not live yet but it was accepted. There are people working on the cabinets right now. Should be live in a few days.

This.This.This. x 150 thousand trillions. That tower needs to get up and running. Especially since there is a sprint store in the waterford town center....Kinda dumb to try and sell a service and not have,, ya know...service? LOL

• Like 1

vnlPxN8.jpg

That IS a great camera. Could've used that when I was tower hunting the other day.

:welc:

• Like 3

I believe it is sprint... Pull 2.2 down on 3G around 4 am when I pass. Around 1.4 down on 8 am traffic jams. The speeds hit pretty deep in the mall now it seems for me

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

Got this over in winter park near the dunkin donuts over there. I have no idea what road we were on as I'm still new to the area attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1374947523.633427.jpg

Was it in front of a Publix and right next door to a Mellow Mushroom?

If it was you were on Aloma Ave and close to Lakemont Ave.

• Like 2

Was it in front of a Publix and right next door to a Mellow Mushroom?

If it was you were on Aloma Ave and close to Lakemont Ave.

Just looked it up on maps, it was Alohma and tuskawilla. Really good data connection. ????

Just looked it up on maps, it was Alohma and tuskawilla. Really good data connection.

that area is showing up as dark purple on sensorly, so judging that and your speed test, I'd say you were quite close to an active tower

• Like 1

that area is showing up as dark purple on sensorly, so judging that and your speed test, I'd say you were quite close to an active tower

Funny cause I was with my friend who has AT&T and he had LTE also, but his speed test barely made it above 2 mb down.
  • Like 1

Just looked it up on maps, it was Alohma and tuskawilla. Really good data connection.

Ah, Ok. You were actually in Oviedo, FL

LTE is slowly creeping west towards Winter Park from there.

That's a good thing.

• Like 3

Ah, Ok. You were actually in Oviedo, FL

LTE is slowly creeping west towards Winter Park from there.

That's a good thing.

Yes it is, There's a lot of towers around Winter Park and Casselberry that'll cover a good portion of the area with LTE.

• Like 1

Damn, looking at Sensorly today, looks like a lot of progress in the area has been made in the last week or so

Yeah, after a brief lull things seem to be really picking up.

• Like 2