Network Vision/LTE - Philadelphia Metro Market (including Lehigh Valley/Reading)

HappyHappy

If you are on your phone app you will have to zoom in before it shows up. Its on Baltimore Pike just south of the Penn State Brandywine campus.

i am using the computer and see nothing. I zoomed and nothing showed up. Do you mind grab a screen shot?

i am using the computer and see nothing. I zoomed and nothing showed up. Do you mind grab a screen shot?

I do see it now. Personally, I do not know why that site has to be up first.

Just a side note this is in Media Pennsylvania, not Philadelphia.

Edited by HappyHappy

I do see it now. Personally, I do not know why that site has to be up first.

You're being quite pedantic. Media is in the Philadelphia market. Please don't be butthurt it isn't in Philadelphia proper.

Well the wait just got shorter! Just went on Sensorly and saw the first patch of LTE for the Philadelphia market!

Nice catch!

And Media is part of the "Philadelphia Market" which is what he said.

Well the wait just got shorter! Just went on Sensorly and saw the first patch of LTE for the Philadelphia market!

Good catch. That's a very good sign, should mean that more of the already 3G complete towers should begin to get 4G turned on here sometime soon.

When is LTE coming to Philadelphia we should had it by the end of the year in the Philadelphia area and the sad thing about this is that Sprint deciced to put LTE in Harrisburg first and not in Philly thats not fair Phiadelphia is much bigger that Harrisburg should had done Philly first before Harrisburg more pepole in Philly than Harrisburg.Even Metro pcs and Cricket has 4G LTE in the Philadelphia area and not Sprint thats sad.I love you Sprint but please get your LTE in the Philadelphia area.

• Like 1

When is LTE coming to Philadelphia we should had it by the end of the year in the Philadelphia area and the sad thing about this is that Sprint deciced to put LTE in Harrisburg first and not in Philly thats not fair Phiadelphia is much bigger that Harrisburg should had done Philly first before Harrisburg more pepole in Philly than Harrisburg.Even Metro pcs and Cricket has 4G LTE in the Philadelphia area and not Sprint thats sad.I love you Sprint but please get your LTE in the Philadelphia area.

Deployment is still underway in Philly. It's going slow. It was delayed two months by Sandy. Just now getting back up to speed.

This has nothing to do with fairness. Every Sprint customer wants and deserves LTE. Philly is no exception.

Harrisburg was not selected by Sprint over Philly. Sprint does not even have their own sites in Harrisburg. That area is a company called Shentel and Sprint has an agreement for Sprint customers to use their services in Shentel areas.

Surely you don't think that Shentel, a private company, should not deploy their LTE network because some people deem SE PA to be more important? There are reasons why some places before others. It's not personal.

Philly is a huge market and has hundreds and hundreds of sites. It is going to take a few more months.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

What is it with Philly folks? First they are mad that Atlanta had LTE before them. And then they were mad that Harrisburg had LTE before them. And now it starts going live in their market and they complain about the neighborhood. Holy crap! It's the first site. #1 of 100's. Gee whiz.

They are working in the entire market. This is a good day for all of the customers in the entire Philadelphia Metro market. A very good day.

• Like 4

What is it with Philly folks? First they are mad that Atlanta had LTE before them. And then they were mad that Harrisburg had LTE before them. And now it starts going live in their market and they complain about the neighborhood. Holy crap! It's the first site. #1 of 100's. Gee whiz.

They are working in the entire market. This is a good day for all of the customers in the entire Philadelphia Metro market. A very good day.

I'm going to scour the Lehigh Valley tomorrow for any LTE. Hopefully more sites have gone live.

• Like 1

They say city of brotherly love but that motto was created on opposite day.

What is it with Philly folks? First they are mad that Atlanta had LTE before them. And then they were mad that Harrisburg had LTE before them. Andas now it starts going live in their market and they complain about the neighborhood. Holy crap! It's the first site. #1 of 100's. Gee whiz.

The only thing I have been upset about is buying a lte capable phone in July, and being told lte would be in Philly in August by the salesperson, then going through to now with almost no official mention to when we will be getting it. I could care less who gets what when, but I do get annoyed when a representative of a company lies to make a sale.

The only thing I have been upset about is buying a lte capable phone in July, and being told lte would be in Philly in August by the salesperson, then going through to now with almost no official mention to when we will be getting it. I could care less who gets what when, but I do get annoyed when a representative of a company lies to make a sale.

You're allowed to be upset. We just are not your Sprint therapists. We are discussing details about the deployment.

Robert

You're allowed to be upset. We just are not your Sprint therapists. We are discussing details about the deployment.

Robert

Cool, so you make a blanket statement about "Philly folk" and airing your grievances, I object to that and defend myself, and you tell me this isn't Sprint therapy. Don't make a statement if you don't want to hear the other side please.

Cool, so you make a blanket statement about "Philly folk" and airing your grievances, I object to that and defend myself, and you tell me this isn't Sprint therapy. Don't make a statement if you don't want to hear the other side please.

I guess you don't realize this is my site. Based on my observations and the repeated bitching from people in Philly throughout my forums and on S4GRU news articles and our Facebook, Twitter and Google+ pages, my post is well warranted.

Do you often go into other people's homes and bitch and complain and start arguments? Well you are in mine now. Please stop. I won't argue with you. I don't have time. I just ban people who try to quarrel with me. I used to spend the time to try to counter points of off topic conversations, but I don't have that luxury anymore.

Stick around and learn something, participate positively to the conversation, or go away. It's just that simple.

Robert

• Like 1

I guess you don't realize this is my site. Based on my observations and the repeated bitching from people in Philly throughout my forums and on S4GRU news articles and our Facebook, Twitter and Google+ pages, my post is well warranted.

Do you often go into other people's homes and bitch and complain and start arguments? Well you are in mine now. Please stop. I won't argue with you. I don't have time. I just ban people who try to quarrel with me. I used to spend the time to try to counter points of off topic conversations, but I don't have that luxury anymore.

Stick around and learn something, participate positively to the conversation, or go away. It's just that simple.

Robert

I'm well aware that it is your site, it makes no difference to me. I was responding to a post you made, so peg me for veering off topic all you want, it's simply not the case. I'm glad this site is here and its a great resource and I appreciate the time, money and effort that was put into it, but if it's moderator is on that much of a high horse that people can't disagree with him or they get banned, so be it.

I'm well aware that it is your site, it makes no difference to me. I was responding to a post you made, so peg me for veering off topic all you want, it's simply not the case. I'm glad this site is here and its a great resource and I appreciate the time, money and effort that was put into it, but if it's moderator is on that much of a high horse that people can't disagree with him or they get banned, so be it.

I am not a Moderator. I am the Owner, Site Administrator and the guy who you are thanking for the resource. My comments were not directed to all Philly folks, only the Philly folks who come to our pages and complain. You can either hang out here and discuss deployment, or not. But we will not be discussing me or how I run the site. And it's off topic. Please consult our posting guidelines: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/

Please read through the posting guidelines before any further posts, to make sure you stay within them.

Robert

Anyways, I'm glad to see a green lit site in the metro area, I am hoping that all the 3G sites that have been done are done being inspected and start to switch online with 4g

Totally agree, a question on that though, does that switch happen during business hours? Is it something done at the sites themselves, or is the infrastructure there and they just turn them on remotely?

Totally agree, a question on that though, does that switch happen during business hours? Is it something done at the sites themselves, or is the infrastructure there and they just turn them on remotely?

Based on the sites that have gone live to date, we have discovered no patterns. Sometimes they go live in the middle of the night. Sometimes during the day. Sometimes on the weekends. It is inconsistently inconsistent. :)

Initially, when the Contractor completes the site and calls for inspection from Sprint, they turn it on.. If the site fails inspection, it may get turned off. Depending on the reason. If it passes, Sprint typically leaves them on. But occasionally they do take them down for unknown reasons. If they do take it down when they take possession from the OEM, they can typically turn it back on and off remotely.

Robert

So I do use sensorly myself, and maybe I'm wrong but it collects data just from other sensorly users, right? Is it possible there is more lte out there and it just hasn't been mapped yet?

Yes. You are correct on both points. :tu: