Network Vision/LTE - Philadelphia Metro Market (including Lehigh Valley/Reading)

HappyHappy

Last night I took a drive from Allentown to Harrisburg on the way I experienced on I-78 westbound at mile markers 7.5 and 7.3 a sudden drop of 3g which I assume is my phone attempting to connect to 4g but then it hangs and goes back to 3g. After merging onto I-81 southbound I still had 3g until we got into Harrisburg which then it finally connected to 4g which then I experienced speeds of up to 11mbps. On the way back I had full 4g connection until mile marker 69.7 on I-81 northbound. Back to 3g until between mile markers 7.3 and 7.5 on I-78 eastbound where I connected to 4g for a short time. After mile marker 7.5 it was back to 3g back to Allentown.

LTE Tower up near old Franklin mint on rt 1 in Delaware county got 23down 4 up

That's right by Wawa's corp HQ. I love Wawa... When I moved to Harrisburg, it made me so sad only Sheetz is in my area. Back to topic, thanks for the heads up. Hopefully someone can map sensorly soon!

LTE Tower up near old Franklin mint on rt 1 in Delaware county got 23down 4 up

Disregard my ignorance if I'm incorrect, I know nothing about delco, but hasn't this site already been mapped and discussed?

What are the signs that it's coming to your area? Cause i'm in an recent NV complete area and I thought if you were getting like terrible signal strength, dropped calls, and texts/data that won't go through. Is that what happens? because that's was has been happening to me. And can i right to my local municipality to try and get them to sign off on these permits quicker maybe so they can get the ball rolling? I guess it doesn't hurt to try

No it did not read 4g it read 3g but with improved speeds. Seeing even more increased speed now. most recent speed test done at 2:30am est 1/16/13 2.01mb/s

Usually people get anywhere from 1 MB to 3 MB from 12 AM to 6 AM, this is because the network is not packed, so speed increases when you have less traffic.

I have some insider news from a friend, he says Philly's 4G LTE can still be a long wait. Couple months to half a year.

I get pretty good 3G speed and coverage, not entirely sure if Network Vision was completed on my local tower but I have benched over 2.2Mbps, maybe that's a sign that at least for my specific area LTE may come sooner than later. I know an area about 40 minutes here that has LTE at least accordingly to Sensorly.

I get pretty good 3G speed and coverage, not entirely sure if Network Vision was completed on my local tower but I have benched over 2.2Mbps, maybe that's a sign that at least for my specific area LTE may come sooner than later. I know an area about 40 minutes here that has LTE at least accordingly to Sensorly.

It could be a sign that 4G LTE is on its way to your area but I get anywhere from 0.01 mb to 0.2 mbs from 10 AM to 10 PM.

I guess Sprint may upgrade all the towers first then when everything is ready then they turn on 4G LTE.

It could be a sign that 4G LTE is on its way to your area but I get anywhere from 0.01 mb to 0.2 mbs from 10 AM to 10 PM.

I guess Sprint may upgrade all the towers first then when everything is ready then they turn on 4G LTE.

That's not how Alcatel Lucent has handled their other markets. They will continue to upgrade 3G first and then they will start bringing up the LTE side on the converted towers. They have already turned one on. There will be more over the coming weeks and months.

There will likely not be full coverage until the end of summer, but your timelines are way off.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have some insider news from a friend, he says Philly's 4G LTE can still be a long wait. Couple months to half a year.

Why is it such a big deal if i know their timeline? or at least attempted timeline. All the competitors have it in Philly already, it's just Sprint without it and if they want to at least make me happy just tell me what they're TRYING to do. I don't care if these tiny towns get it because they have fewer cell sites, send those crews over to the big cities and get cracking. Government permits and equipment I doubt is holding them up.

That's not how Alcatel Lucent has handled their other markets. They will continue to upgrade 3G first and then they will start bringing up the LTE side on the converted towers. They have already turned one on. There will be more over the coming weeks and months.

There will likely not be full coverage until the end of summer, but your timelines are way off.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

With all respect, I don't even know what you are talking about when you said my timeline is way off.

Lets hear something from you about Philly........I live in Philly and I use 3G every single day so I do know what the speed is. I have an app that displays the 3G speed continuously.

Maybe you love sprint or what so ever, but Sprint 's 3G has lots of room for improvements.

Edited by HappyHappy
  • Like 1

Why is it such a big deal if i know their timeline? or at least attempted timeline. All the competitors have it in Philly already, it's just Sprint without it and if they want to at least make me happy just tell me what they're TRYING to do. I don't care if these tiny towns get it because they have fewer cell sites, send those crews over to the big cities and get cracking. Government permits and equipment I doubt is holding them up.

Exactly what I said couple weeks ago. Apparently people do not think alike and they think tiny towns gets few live 4G LTE towers is showing a sign that Sprint is on schedule.

It is a marketing strategy, tiny towns gets few towers and they call it a market!

That's right by Wawa's corp HQ. I love Wawa... When I moved to Harrisburg, it made me so sad only Sheetz is in my area. Back to topic, thanks for the heads up. Hopefully someone can map sensorly soon!

Sheetz is a fine establishment sir! Free air and $4 footlong subs :)

I was unaware that T-Mobile had LTE in Philly... /s

Your doubts are mistaken. Sprint wants to be doing places where customers are first. You seem to think Sprint wants to be in the small towns and is enjoying not working in the cities. I am writing an article on it this morning.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Exactly what I said couple weeks ago. Apparently people do not think alike and they think tiny towns gets few live 4G LTE towers is showing a sign that Sprint is on schedule.

It is a marketing strategy, tiny towns gets few towers and they call it a market!

It is not a marketing strategy. You are mistaken. It has been discussed 100's of times in the forums.

With all respect, I don't even know what you are talking about when you said my timeline is way off.

Lets hear something from you about Philly........I live in Philly and I use 3G every single day so I do know what the speed is. I have an app that displays the 3G speed continuously.

Maybe you love sprint or what so ever, but Sprint 's 3G has lots of room for improvements.

If you were an S4GRU Sponsor, you could see the maps and have access to the content that would put all this into perspective. There are approximately 100 sites with upgraded 3G in the Philly area, and more being added every week.

These 3G sites also have 4G upgrades installed as well. They will be brought online also, one at a time. One is online now. It will probably be a few weeks until the next one goes online. And then a few will occur every week or so.

This is how Alcatel Lucent has handled the Boston market, as well as Baltimore and DC. It will likely be exactly the same for Philly. Work in the city will occur as planning/permitting/zoning allow.