Network Vision/LTE - Philadelphia Metro Market (including Lehigh Valley/Reading)

HappyHappy

I actually was in the media area and had a chance to give lte a go. It was amazing, 27 down, 7 up. YouTube and Netflix streamed instantly, it felt like a new phone. I'm too excited at this point.

Only thing is who knows when they will turn that switch on.

Everyone is anxious I am sure.

No updates I take it... standing across the street from one of the "completed" towers in Center City (the one by Rittenhouse), I'm stills seeing DL of well (WELL) under 1 Mb and upload speeds of about .5 Mb :-/ That's with a fresh restart and multiple runs of both the SpeedTest app and Sensorly...the last Sensorly run is below.

I was told that NV would speed up 3G service even before LTE was activated, but that is not panning out...

2LnljzO.jpg

No updates I take it... standing across the street from one of the "completed" towers in Center City (the one by Rittenhouse), I'm stills seeing DL of well (WELL) under 1 Mb and upload speeds of about .5 Mb :-/ That's with a fresh restart and multiple runs of both the SpeedTest app and Sensorly...the last Sensorly run is below.

I was told that NV would speed up 3G service even before LTE was activated, but that is not panning out...

2LnljzO.jpg

3G upgrades have to go live in clusters. You are most likely still on a legacy connection. It will not be live with Network Vision upgrades until the whole cluster is ready.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

Also, there is no guarantee that you are connected to the site you think you are. Even if you were standing right beside it.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

Great point, Robert! I did try going in and out of Airplane mode to reconnect before each test, but who knows. At any rate, that type of download speed is what's typical here in downtown Philly, I was just hoping to see some noticeable improvement. I'll live, though :P

• Like 1

Great point, Robert! I did try going in and out of Airplane mode to reconnect before each test, but who knows. At any rate, that type of download speed is what's typical here in downtown Philly, I was just hoping to see some noticeable improvement. I'll live, though :P

I think once more sites go onair around that site, and they have the new backhaul tied in, you'll see the increase in speeds.

I tested a site which I know has enhanced backhaul and averaged over 2mbps down. This is using my Sprint iPad Mini

nvS76gM.png

• Like 1

In my neighborhood (Manayunk) area I get these speeds:

sn1dep.png

Not too shabby, LTE cannot come soon enough.

How could you be getting those speeds on 3g? I don't mean to sound argumentative or doubting or anything, that's just insane considering my best is a third of that.

Crazy, I live close to a tower as well and I'm lucky if I see like .1 mbps up. I hope I see that kind of improvement soon!

I will be happy if pages would load on regular basis. Most times in downtown philly, my browser does not load pages.

• Like 1

I found evidence by one of Sprint employee, 4G LTE will still take months to come to PHILADELPHIA!!!!!!

"Thanks for the post. I can feel your frustration with this. We are trying to get the upgrades out and have already started work in PA. I know you dont want to hear this but it will be in the next few months. Check the link, this will give you up to date info on the LTE rollout."

Information can be found on: http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/110519.

Go on and express your idea or whatsoever........ Still months away.............

PLEASE SHOW US SOME BROTHERLY LOVEEEEE.....